Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Question is; how does the 4piece calculate damage taken, absolute value or unmitigated like vengeance does? If the latter, I can see it being pretty powerful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Question is; how does the 4piece calculate damage taken, absolute value or unmitigated like vengeance does? If the latter, I can see it being pretty powerful.
    Rather sure it is after mitigation.

Both of them look interesting tbh tho by the time people get the 4 set they may be past getting the best from it.

A 5 stack bastion heal will give you 5HP which is just one holy power generator away from becoming a 2stack again so at least if you actually need a heal soon after It won't be totally puny. It will change my "sit on 5 stacks till needed" playstyle though.

2 piece worth the possibly shitty stats (please dear got give us some hit/exp/mastery pieces w/o any dodge/parry on em).
    4 piece .. doubt it, unless we get to do something like horridon's enrage.

They're obsessed with Word of Glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    Completely agree on this point.
    I got a fucking infraction for this? how the fuck does that even happen? Seriously, can someone please shed some light on why this resulted in an infraction? Are we not allowed to agree that the t15 bonus was lackluster for 10m and we feel the same about t16 so we probably won't be picking it up unless it is itemized really really well? I don't get this.
    Last edited by Aceshigh; 2013-06-13 at 06:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both bonuses are shit. I think that I will probably stick to non-set pieces just like I do now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    I got a fucking infraction for this? how the fuck does that even happen? Seriously, can someone please shed some light on why this resulted in an infraction? Are we not allowed to agree that the t15 bonus was lackluster for 10m and we feel the same about t16 so we probably won't be picking it up unless it is itemized really really well? I don't get this.
    those mods love the t15 set bonus! only explanation <3

Deleted
    Really liking the set bonusses, so what you guys thing the naming will be ?
    Something like "Shoulderguards of the Kor'Kron" because I have no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    If Scaramanga was made a mod on the forums that would explain it. Sounds like a mistake though, on bigger forums mods tend to hate on posts that essentially 'QFT' someone else's post, but the mods here seem pretty cool. There should be an explanation in your account details. Alternatively PM a mod and ask for a free meal, that usually does it.

Edit: After some thought I'm almost 100% certain it's an error, pretty sure it's a requirement mods state via a coloured edit that the post was infracted and generally why.
    Didnt even see I had an inbox haha, yeah you're right, it was a "Please post constructively" (which is what I did, I thought) automated response. It was considered a 'This' post. Cool

Still doesn't change my mind that if tier bonus' stay the way they are now without great itemization I won't be putting a priority on them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Both bonuses are shit. I think that I will probably stick to non-set pieces just like I do now.
    The warrior bonusses are not shit lol I'm sorry

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    The warrior bonusses are not shit lol I'm sorry
    Wrong forum, bro.

Deleted
    So if you use WoG with new 2 set, after 3 uses of sotr this wog is free, can be fitted during the off gcd between sotrs. Combined with the current t15 2 set this would mean you will win a 40% block rate with 100% uptime for free.
    So how much haste do you loose to win 40% block rate as a permanent stat and wouldnt you reach ctc?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you think 2p is bad you've clearly misunderstood the whole mechanic of it.

This would be the scenario to use it; 3 HoPo SotR to 3 stacks > stack 5 HoPo > SotR > 1 HoPo > SotR > 1 HoPo > 5 stack BoG WoG > SotR > 1 HoPo > SotR. You're now at 2 stacks of BoG, repeat the same rotation except you only do one 3 HoPo SotR to bring you back to 3 BoG until you bank 5 HoPo again.

Once at 3 stacks of BoG and 5 HoPo banked, you're looking at 4 SotR in 4 GCDs, not counting DP procs. Still think it's bad?

The question at hand is how to deal with DP procs and how to avoid wasted BoG stacks if one is to go with that talent. I also don't see the fascination of T15 2p + T16 2p, you're only using WoG at 1 HoPo.
    Last edited by Kheirn; 2013-06-13 at 01:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

Deleted
    You're on the paladin board friend, think you may have taken a wrong turn.
    Sorry god im Too tired to be reading forums now, zzzz I saw protection so thought of Warrior, my bad i'll just leave now.

Looking at my logs for the night I'm at around 10s or so depending on go procs for 5 stacks of bastion, and since you only need 3 to get the wog return, it'd be possible to do it probably at like 30% haste. Biggest thing though is the loss of Wog as a save, with all stacks dumped consistently you'd never have them if you needed it. It's an interesting concept, but its likely if it'd sim with any success they'd be made mutually exclusive.
    This is my biggest concern.

"I don't always WOG, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equ...err...5-stacks" - Most Interesting Paladin in the World

I feel like the bonus will be basically a consolation prize (much like t15) for when we DO have to WOG while we are progressing, and will become a tool to game HoPo/ShotR uptime once we outgear everything. Is it so much to ask to have a bonus that's useful during progression again?

Look at the DK set bonii - The DRW changes and the set bonus give any half-decent tank a semi. No more RP cost on DRW, and when you pop it with 4pc, you get all FU runes back as D runes AND you get FOUR FREE DS'S! That is just insane! Hell, even the 2pc (every 4 BBs, HSs or RSs give you an extra bone shield charge) is head and shoulders above anything we get.

Instead, we get a mini-game that basically offers us the choice of gaming one of our "saves" for a moderate increase in HoPo when palyed properly, IF we choose what has almost unequivocally been subpar gear (vs haste off-pieces). Plus, as you surmised, if one was to go for the 2t15+2t16 combo, we'd likely see commensurate breaking of the bonus to prevent ridiculousness. Even though, as I posted earlier, the 2 set bonii work against each other already AND it would force us into very poorly itemized gear.

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 01:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoskadosk View Post
    If you think 2p is bad you've clearly misunderstood the whole mechanic of it.

This would be the scenario to use it; 3 HoPo SotR to 3 stacks > stack 5 HoPo > SotR > 1 HoPo > SotR > 1 HoPo > 5 stack BoG WoG > SotR > 1 HoPo > SotR. You're now at 2 stacks of BoG, repeat the same rotation except you only do one 3 HoPo SotR to bring you back to 3 BoG until you bank 5 HoPo again.

Once at 3 stacks of BoG and 5 HoPo banked, you're looking at 4 SotR in 4 GCDs, not counting DP procs. Still think it's bad?

The question at hand is how to deal with DP procs and how to avoid wasted BoG stacks if one is to go with that talent. I also don't see the fascination of T15 2p + T16 2p, you're only using WoG at 1 HoPo.
    Nobody is unsure of how it works, nor how it looks on paper. We are saying that you're giving up the reliability of a banked WOG in favor of gaming ShotR uptime. Throwing this into a real world scenario where you may need that big heal, or on a high magic damage fight, or with DP procs obviously make this a bit more complicated.

And no, I see no reason to ever use 2+2 as their mechanics are diametrically opposed on efficiency. You'd be shooting yourself in the foot unless it was some crazy amount of adds you were tanking.

Basically, my stance is this:

The 2pc is not BAD. I will likely get it and use it, but not before my 2 warlocks, our disc priest and our ret/holy pal get their tier. It provides an interesting playstlye change, but not one that is conducive to "average" players. I wish, instead, that we had gotten bonii more in line with the DK set (2pc passively increases a minor CD, 4pc greatly increases effectiveness of a larger CD). We got the same "formula" but not the same effect.
    Last edited by Nairobi; 2013-06-13 at 01:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    This is my biggest concern.
    ... you're giving up the reliability of a banked WOG in favor of gaming ShotR uptime. Throwing this into a real world scenario where you may need that big heal, or on a high magic damage fight ...
    I can agree that it's lackluster on high damage magic fights. However, looking at Fireflys math, we'd be looking at close to or above 100% SotR uptime which would be insane on physical damage fights, certainly not something one can dismiss as "meh".
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoskadosk View Post
    I can agree that it's lackluster on high damage magic fights. However, looking at Fireflys math, we'd be looking at close to or above 100% SotR uptime which would be insane on physical damage fights, certainly not something one can dismiss as "meh".
    Still not calling it "meh", just not great or to the point that I'll be jockeying to get my tier over DPS or healers.

With proper gear next tier, we're looking at 50%+ haste from gear alone, putting us already well into the 80%s for ShotR uptime. 100% is great on paper and sounds awesome, but honestly with a decent bit of timing and skill, that 80% overall will translate to 100% effective uptime. Plus you'd not have (likely) shitty itemized gear, even if it only is in 2 slots.

Like I said: I'll get the bonus and use it, but I just don't have a raging hard-on for it from what I've seen now. Time will tell, I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    With proper gear next tier, we're looking at 50%+ haste from gear alone, putting us already well into the 80%s for ShotR uptime. 100% is great on paper and sounds awesome, but honestly with a decent bit of timing and skill, that 80% overall will translate to 100% effective uptime.
    Stats on the tier gear is not finalized, we can still probably take the best two and make use of it. The extra SotR uses over the "80% is 100% effective uptime" would just be pure damage at that point.

Deleted
    It really isn't, explain to me how this is anyone's definition of OP while you openly suggest to not run the t15 2p for the sake of 600 haste rating? It's the same bonus with a different coat of paint. That doesn't mean it's inherently bad, doesn't mean I won't end up using it as I do with the current 2p. It does mean however that there's no rush to get it.
    It really is not comparable. T15 2p gave block at the cost of sotr uptime. T16 2p gives you about 30-40% increseased uptime on SotR. That is just insane.