Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I seriously freaking hate some people in LFR.

I just got kicked from LFR.

Not for DPS
    Not for slacking
    Not for afking

No. I was kicked because I pointed out AFKers who weren't doing ANYTHING.

Now there's more to this story. I basically bashed on the AFKers to the point I got kicked. Seems fair, it still ANNOYS me SO MUCH that they decide to kick me, while I was doing top DPS (lolLFRdpshurhhurrr) rather than the slacking people. They seriously didn't give a flying fuck about those people AFKing, yet they did give a damn about my whining.

TL;DR I'm frustrated because of how some of the community has turned out to be.

Anyone else got some LFR stories about how you pointed out obvious AFKers, yet they didn't get kicked?

Edit: Mods, feel free to lock this thread if you want. I was just extremely frustrated and just had to vent my frustration somehow.
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2013-06-13 at 07:34 PM.

Deleted
    if you dont like lfr dont play it otherwise get your mouth shut in lfr or get kicked - YOUR choice

I got kicked from an lfr for calling people that die to the durumu beam bad even though I was top dps and heals. Lesson learned you can do w/e you like in lfr as long as you don't talk.

I think its a game every time that button pops up to click yes the fastest.. it never tells me if ive won but I know I have

its almost like a yahoo popup.. I have to get rid of it asap

10+ Year Old Account
    The majority wins in lfr. And the majority is full of mouth-breathers, so yeah.
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    I just got kicked from LFR.

Not for DPS
    Not for slacking
    Not for afking

No. I was kicked because I pointed out AFKers who weren't doing ANYTHING.

Now there's more to this story. I basically bashed on the AFKers to the point I got kicked. Seems fair, it still ANNOYS me SO MUCH that they decide to kick me, while I was doing top DPS (lolLFRdpshurhhurrr) rather than the slacking people. They seriously didn't give a flying fuck about those people AFKing, yet they did give a damn about my whining.

TL;DR I'm frustrated because of how some of the community has turned out to be.

Anyone else got some LFR stories about how you pointed out obvious AFKers, yet they didn't get kicked?
    Surprisingly, no, I haven't gotten any stories like that. I just point out calmly that some people are still at the previous boss arena when we're ready to pull the next boss, and maybe we need to replace them?

What I try not to do is bash on people. That creates a toxic, hostile atmosphere, and people who don't want to raid in a toxic atmosphere (presumably, the majority of people who are there) would be justified in wanting me to GTFO and stop ruining their fun.

Next time do it with some tact, you might be pleasantly surprised at how differently people respond to you.

Personally, I'll put anyone on ignore if they're raging. I'll also VTK if the tirade doesn't end. I think we all know by now what we're going to encounter in LFR. Raging about it doesn't help. Very similar to the lady raging on the subway the other day. Yeah, we're all annoyed and the commute kind of sucks, but your attitude is really making it worse. I'm sure if we could have VTK her from the subway car we would have...

You were likely more intrusive and disruptive to the LFR Run than the afk'ers were. And you got yourself booted.

scrubs protect other scrubs, leave them be, see if you get your titan runestone then gtfo asap.

I'm my experience your better off just trying to vote kick the afk guy without saying a thing, and if you can't, your carrying someone. By talking and pointing them out you just make yourself a target for said afks. Most have dual monitors and are watching something on the other one so they occasionally glance back to make sure there still following and see the chat. You call them out, they vote kick you and laugh away while watching there show. Or other people just vote kick you for being the guy who's pointing out who to votekick.

LFR is like mob mentality at its finest. Know that anything you do outside the normal run is going to earn you scrutiny, whether it be good intentioned or not.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-06-13 at 06:53 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    <snip>
    Now there's more to this story. I basically bashed on the AFKers to the point I got kicked.<snip>
    You deserved the kick then, Top DPS or not being an ass is always deserving a kick.
    Next time Simply point out that someone is AFK, Right Click start vote and then carry on.

Deleted
    And this is why LFR fails at it's highest level.

I agree the OP shouldn't have 'bashed' other players but AFK'ing is worse.

This is why the community is going to cr@p in WoW. Anyone who speaks in LFR is accused of slacking and/or bashing so both get kicked. Then people whine on forums that no-one speaks anymore and no-one knows each other on their servers..... it's not the game that sucks it's the people within the game.

Suggestion to OP: Create a raid in Org/SW and do normal mode, probably more fun

Pointing out an afker is one thing, being rude about it is another. That's not to say that afking isn't bad but that most people just don't care about afkers and they don't want to listen to you whine about them either. As long as we're not wiping a bunch I usually don't bother with kicking afkers much myself it's just too much effort if I'm not in a mini premade to get the required votes right away.

I was kicked too, reported little twat, was so pissed that I opened ticket, write few emails, called Blizzard. They banned idiot for few days, then he made account on my server just to curse me, reported again and never seen him more. And yes, after that I keep my mouth shut, alt+tab, redtube and gg. Only alt-tab again to pick up loot. Still didn't get kicked. But, I play normally when rng groups you with normal people. To bad most of time you end up with idiots.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate LFR threads when they are numerous and veiled with titles such as "snowflake".
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmmm similar thing happened to me two weeks ago, I didn't badmouth any players, I didn't do anything wrong to be honest I was just topping the meters and got kicked because of it. Basically we did Horridon, I did around 230k and the tank started saying I was just hitting the boss (Even though I wasn't) and he kept edging the raid to kick me, we got to council did the attempt and wiped and the last thing I saw in raid chat was "Bye bye Mollox"

Was it fair? No.
    Was I mad? Yes.

I logged a ticket to Blizz and the GM's response was only

"Even though you believe it was unfair the majority of the raid accepted in kicking you so we can't do anything about it"

I guess things like that made me realize that casuals and trolls just hang out in LFR that don't really care/bother about what's going on, and if they see a kick button they just click yes... So I know I won't be doing LFR's in the near future anymore :<

10+ Year Old Account
    It's basically a double edged sword, which is unfortunate. Ive been kicked countless times for calling out the DPS doing 20k or the healers being out healed by DPS w/ healing abilities. LFR is essentially barrens chat + middle school combined with a day care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whenever I point out (in a matter-of-fact manner) healers who are in dps specs, they usually go on a flaming tirade against me which just gets them kicked faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    i joined LFR the other day, and a guy got kicked for skipping a trash pack.
    dragonmaw - EU