High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    DoC change, fu blizz. Only fun thing about playing the dodo

Deleted
    "Dream of Cenarius has been completely redesigned to reduce complexity and increase usability, but maintain the spirit of the effects."

:-(

"Increase usability"... -Yeah right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone having issues with ror proc chances?
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

This forces us to use it in the 'optimal' way. I don't like the change as it makes feral even easier, just like the OoC tier bonus. I hope these are changed, as feral's LIKE the talents as they are. Blizz will probably see this and keep them the same for us, but give the other specs changes. This amuses me, as it shows how different every single druid spec is, no spec cares about the same abilities or stats, we are basically 4 classes in one.

Another *Semi-Feral* Change:
    Nature's Swiftness is now Resto Only.

10+ Year Old Account
    seems like the hybridity that blizzard pushed on us, we took it embraced it and bent it to our will and now we are too hybridy? If 5.4 launched we would have a lot of ramp up time.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    Hello
    I recently got "Bad Juju HC TF" from council. Atm i am using Soul Charm also HC TF (fully upgraded) and RoR ilvl 530. I have 530 ilvl.
    So i'm wondering if it's worth changing my RoR with my Bad Juju or not while using DoC. I hope someone can help me out

You should swap the Soul Charm for Bad Juju (after upgrading it) if you're wasting anything more than a little expertise, but if not Rune + Renataki's is going to be what you want to stick with.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Well i'll try to see if i can get my expertise to the minimum then since i favor Soul Charm tbh
    Thx for the reply

Well now that NS is going to be resto only, what do you guys think of our current choices for the healing teir? I have mixed feelings about this new Ysera's Gift.

I like the idea of an always on, passive healing effect which requires absolutely no concentration whatsoever. We already play the most complicated spec in the game. Less to think about is good. I already hate the fact that I have to play with DoC, and thus make the hardest spec in game even harder, just in order to be a middle of the pack dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Themessiah View Post
    I like the idea of an always on, passive healing effect which requires absolutely no concentration whatsoever. We already play the most complicated spec in the game. Less to think about is good.
    That's a pretty poor attitude to hold unless you feel you're a beginner at the class. Does it matter how much easier it is to use when you're dead because you didn't have a healing CD?

Currently I'm thinking I'll likely never take Ysera's Gift. The healing during progression fights is insignificant (and you're going to need more focused healing during certain times than others) and during farm the only thing that will kill you is you or somebody else fucking majorly, and Ysera's Gift won't save you where maybe Renewal or CW will.

Maybe I'd take it for soloing or dailies... maybe.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2013-06-13 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FeralSynapse View Post
    Well now that NS is going to be resto only, what do you guys think of our current choices for the healing teir? I have mixed feelings about this new Ysera's Gift.
    I'm always used Renewal another survival cd(for pvp also it's awesome), can do instant br with PS procs

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not overly fond of Ysera's Gift either. While having something that is passive is ok, especially since it will heal others it kind of opens up more of a choice for Symbiosis instead of almost always dedicating it to a priest during progression.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Currently I'm thinking I'll likely never take Ysera's Gift. The healing during progression fights is insignificant (and you're going to need more focused healing during certain times than others) and during farm the only thing that will kill you is you or somebody else fucking majorly, and Ysera's Gift won't save you where maybe Renewal or CW will.
    Pretty much how I felt. The healing that YG will do, will 90% of the time be covered by a priests atonement healing, and resto druids DoC atk healing, since if that little healing is required, they are probably wrathing/smiting spamming anyway to heal.

Even if big damage is going out, 5% heal every 5 secs is still very small. Then again, if there's a fight like will HC with constant damage, YG might be ok.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2013-06-13 at 08:03 PM.

That's a pretty poor attitude to hold unless you feel you're a beginner at the class. Does it matter how much easier it is to use when you're dead because you didn't have a healing CD?
    I take it that you think the attitude I outlined was "poor" because advanced players should be able to handle the number of "active" abilities we already have, + 1 more? It's not clear to me that having additional cd's is always a good thing, or that advanced players should have to be able to handle an ever increasing pool of active abilities. Sure, I may think to myself in certain situations, if I'd only had ability Q, then such and such could have been handled differently. What's also not clear to me is that I do not have enough abilities to already handle the situation you outlined, or enough abilities to already handle reasonably well any other number of typical situations.

With Predators swiftness I already have a decent amount of self healing. I also have healing touch, rejuvenation and tranquility. Given how much I already need to do, something I can take and forget about appeals to me. Again, if my attitude is "poor" because I'm not keen about totally min/maxing to the absolute maximum potential of my class, whereby maximise we mean, make my healing as high and as situational as it can be, then sure, I have a poor attitude. I suspect however that so does the vast majority of the wow community. Not everyone wants to min-max their healing while being in a dps role. Moreover, what exactly mix-max's may well be fight dependent.

To the same extent, this sort of thinking is the same reason I don't have a bind for a healing potion while playing as a cat. It's not something I find myself in major need of. Perhaps the fact that I haven't bound healing potion, and see no need to also means that I have a "poor" attitude. But I do at least have soul stone bound!

Same goes I suppose for all those who use the macro on the front page which puts natures swiftness with healing touch. That macro is not optimal in all circumstances, since it will auto cast natures swiftness on the next use of that macro, even when you already have predator's swiftness up: I'm guess that sort of accepting of a passive second best also makes for a "poor" attitude. Edit: I suppose to be fair one might have two separate macro's, with one that uses natures swiftness, and one that does not. I wonder how many actually do that?
    Last edited by Themessiah; 2013-06-13 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themessiah View Post
    I take it that you think the attitude I outlined was "poor" because advanced players should be able to handle the number of "active" abilities we already have, + 1 more? It's not clear to me that having additional cd's is always a good thing, or that advanced players should have to be able to handle an ever increasing pool of active abilities. Sure, I may think to myself in certain situations, if I'd only had ability Q, then such and such could have been handled differently. What's also not clear to me is that I do not have enough abilities to already handle the situation you outlined, or enough abilities to already handle reasonably well any other number of typical situations.

With Predators swiftness I already have a decent amount of self healing. I also have healing touch, rejuvenation and tranquility. Given how much I already need to do, something I can take and forget about appeals to me. Again, if my attitude is "poor" because I'm not keen about totally min/maxing to the absolute maximum potential of my class, whereby maximise we mean, make my healing as high and as situational as it can be, then sure, I have a poor attitude. I suspect however that so does the vast majority of the wow community. Not everyone wants to min-max their healing while being in a dps role. Moreover, what exactly mix-max's may well be fight dependent.

To the same extent, this sort of thinking is the same reason I don't have a bind for a healing potion while playing as a cat. It's not something I find myself in major need of. Perhaps the fact that I haven't bound healing potion, and see no need to also means that I have a "poor" attitude. But I do at least have soul stone bound!

Same goes I suppose for all those who use the macro on the front page which puts natures swiftness with healing touch. That macro is not optimal in all circumstances, since it will auto cast natures swiftness on the next use of that macro, even when you already have predator's swiftness up: I'm guess that sort of accepting of a passive second best also makes for a "poor" attitude.
    I meant more along the lines of, just because you feel you may not want to or be able to use an active ability to it's fullest extent, that doesn't mean passive alternative is automatically better. You might only use Renewal once every other pull, but does that mean Ysera's Gift is superior just because you're not (for whatever reason) taking advantage of the other choices? No, I don't think it does.

And I didn't intend for it to be a personal attack in anyway if that wasn't clear, I just don't think "it's better entirely just because it's passive" is ever a good attitude except for someone who is very new to playing the spec/class/game/whatever.

I meant more along the lines of, just because you feel you may not want to or be able to use an active ability to it's fullest extent, that doesn't mean passive alternative is automatically better. You might only use Renewal once every other pull, but does that mean Ysera's Gift is superior just because you're not (for whatever reason) taking advantage of the other choices? No, I don't think it does.

And I didn't intend for it to be a personal attack in anyway if that wasn't clear, I just don't think "it's better entirely just because it's passive" is ever a good attitude except for someone who is very new to playing the spec/class/game/whatever.
    Yeah my post sounded snarky too. Apologies for that: I'll offer a more complete response after my raid!

Currently dead, so tabbed and typing. Reading what you said reminds me of the quote going around on the fluid druid forums, from Greg regarding active versus passive talents. I suspect the situation is a little more dire than what he says. If I got a 1% dps increase from going with Doc above HotW, I wouldn't bother. So someone getting an increase out of an active talent in and of itself isn't enough. It has to be a meaningful increase to make the extra complication worth while. I suppose what I'm saying is that unless there is a clear gain from using renewal, instead of the new proposed passive talent, then I personally wouldn't bother. My time, patience, and attention is worth more.

All those active abilities cost me in terms of concentration. Sometimes I'm looking to see if something is off cd, because it feels like it should be, and next thing I know I'm standing in the wrong place. In this way, for me, provided it isn't a massive dps loss etc., passive abilities genuinely appeal to me.
    Last edited by Themessiah; 2013-06-13 at 09:36 PM.

I just have a hard time seeing Ysera's Gift ever save anyone.

I don't think the value of an ability lies exclusively in saving people.