Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hunter - Tier 16 Set Bonus Discussion

So i was messing around with tier 16 in the PTR (you can get it in Niuzao Temple for free)

Not much to say about the 2 piece, feels extremely useless when we have things like readiness, and in places outside long boss fights even more so (trash,quest,duels,farming..etc)

tried the 4 set as BM and i don't think you can get past 9-10 stacks because of the global cooldowns so you will never reach 15 unless you beastial wrath twice with readiness (the 4p bonus buff lasts the same as beast within and no longer, but the damage you gain stays 2 sec longer) seems broken.

as survival i managed to get 20 stacks of extra lock and load uses without procing lock and load (no black arrow, and 20 stacks is max stack it just resets timer back to 1 minute after 4 set procs) , when i did proc lock and load you can only use around 12 of them because lock and load only lasts for 12 seconds ,got close to 200k explosive shots no big cooldowns or buffs used not sure if damage stack caps with explosive. (imagine starting a boss with 20 stacks lol)

anyways did not do much testing because of the constant ptr disconnects every minute or so.
    Last edited by Gungrave; 2013-06-13 at 09:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disclaimer: I have not tested these on PTR.

2pc: One of the most boring, useless set bonuses that we've had in a long, long time. In order for this bonus to not be terrible, it would have to be 5-6 seconds off the cooldown per Arcane, and 8-10 seconds off for each Aimed Shot or Multi. That's ignoring the fact that it's a very boring bonus compared to the awesome T15 bonuses, which are both fun and interesting. I'd scrap this and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    2pc: In order for this bonus to not be terrible, it would have to be 5-6 seconds off the cooldown per Arcane
    Agree, now that it is 30 focus it will be spammed way less just to have enough for a kill command.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    They might be good DPS increase, but I can't call T15 bonuses interesting at all... Both are just "you proc extra damage".
    I'm not sure what to think about T16 2p with changes that will come for arcane shot. On one hand, we will shoot less arcanes since focus cost is raised, on other hand Rapid Fire gets more value since we need to regain focus more often. Although, if it doesn't manage to lower RF to 2 minutes, all CD alignments will just break (speaking about BM).
    Last edited by Thiron; 2013-06-13 at 08:08 PM.
    Old Gods made me do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    2pc: One of the most boring, useless set bonuses that we've had in a long, long time. In order for this bonus to not be terrible, it would
    have to be 5-6 seconds off the cooldown per Arcane, and 8-10 seconds off for each Aimed Shot or Multi. That's ignoring the fact that it's a very boring bonus compared to the awesome T15 bonuses, which are both fun and interesting. I'd scrap this and try again.
    It should hook off of Signature shots in addition to Arcane, or just Signature Shots. Say, 4 secs for Explosive, 7 for Kill Command, and 10 for Chimera Shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    It should hook off of Signature shots in addition to Arcane, or just Signature Shots. Say, 4 secs for Explosive, 7 for Kill Command, and 10 for Chimera Shot.
    Makes no sense for KC to lower CD more than ES, they have the same CD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Makes no sense for KC to lower CD more than ES, they have the same CD.
    But KC can't get its CD reset and be used twice in a row with a proc.

I wonder if the 2pc with Thrill of the Hunt be a DPS increase.

The two piece set bonus is pretty awful considering we probably won't gain any additional Rapid Fires due to the way Readiness works. Preeeeeeeeetty dumb.

Also.. question about the 4pc for BM. How much does the damage increase last for?

Quote Originally Posted by Puerto View Post
    Also.. question about the 4pc for BM. How much does the damage increase last for?
    2 seconds and refreshes everytime you use an ability till BW ends, leaving you with 1-2 seconds of extra damage after BW expires.
    Last edited by Gungrave; 2013-06-13 at 09:08 PM.

What shitty set bonuses in all seriousness... Why not just put "Reduces the CD of Rapid Fire by 2 minutes" for 2pc

yeah and rapid fire seems even more shitty now with the stampede nerf....

Deleted
    Tried it on ptr, it seems the bonuses are pretty shit imo. The SV one I feel is slightly better than the MM one, and the BM one can't even stack to full potential due to short duration and the fact that your bw doesn't last enough to even build up 15 stacks of it (4set).

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyloggins View Post
    The two piece set bonus is pretty awful considering we probably won't gain any additional Rapid Fires due to the way Readiness works. Preeeeeeeeetty dumb.
    Yeah you are probably right. If they want to keep it a bonus to rapid fire they should either increase its duration or increase the haste IMO. Or even something like every time you arcane shot during rapid fire, you increase it's duration by 1 sec. AS costs 30 focus now so not like you can spam indefinitely. Though with thrill of the hunt that would need some kind of cap or ICD maybe. Probably too complicated
    Last edited by bendak; 2013-06-13 at 10:05 PM.

Actually the 2 piece means you won't have to delay Readiness at all to get two rapid fires off, but at the same time there are many fights where I would delay Readiness anyway. I think it's silly design when we have Readiness.

Maybe if they're keeping the 2pc, they're going to take away readiness sometime in the build/buff our shots to compensate?

Deleted
    They should swap focus fire with readiness for the 2p, now that would be awesome!

Deleted
    Well for people who are in the PTR atm those issues have to be adressed if we wanna hope for a few alterations.

Yea I tried these bonuses out, pretty awful. I haven't tried MM but for BM I'm finding myself having to delay the kill command right before BW comes up. Like when BW has 6 seconds left and KC is up I have to wait until BW comes back up. Reason why is cuz if I use KC I'm left with like no focus to use and I can't even get many stacks of the damage increase. Also, the readiness thing to further increase the stacks to 15, I don't see it. I was so focus starved with the extra focus cost on Arcane Shot and I wasn't even able to do more arcane shots with readiness. If you cast some cobras before doing your second BW, the buff will run out, it only lasts 2 seconds. I haven't tried Fervor yet though. The 2 pc is just complete garbage.
    For Surv, imo the 2 pc and 4 pc don't really synergize well at all. I used a total of 40 arcane shots over 7 min test. I also used 393 explosive shots. I found myself constantly spamming explosive shot while using cobra occasionally to refresh serpent sting, not many uses of arcane shot. 4 pc looks pretty good for surv, 2 pc is completely useless yet again.