Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

5.4 Arena Comps ?

As the title says,
    which comps would be good
    cause i feel as if shadowcleave will be totally different with the warlocks being nerfed

Please don't make posts in full bold, nor a big font size. Consider that as a warning.

Last edited by Nicola; 2013-06-13 at 09:42 PM.

I think 5.4 is going to be completely dominated by Mele/Hunter/X and Mele/Mele/X. Don't really see casters comps being viable at all, only thing that still looks like it will be good is ele shaman.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nopkplease View Post
    I think 5.4 is going to be completely dominated by Mele/Hunter/X and Mele/Mele/X. Don't really see casters comps being viable at all, only thing that still looks like it will be good is ele shaman.
    And Frost Mages.

Frost + Ele + Disc would be a good 5.4 caster comp, maybe the only one though.

5.4 looks to be the season of double melee tunnel cleaves.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

It's too soon to tell, some classes look like they are getting deleted next patch (hello lock and SP) but it's obvious they'll compensate them later

Way too soon to tell. I think a week or two into the patch people will get a general idea of what is good and what isn't.

all i know is that i'm thankful for the warlock nerfs, casting while moving is plain stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    ...casting while moving is plain stupid
    That's rich coming from a hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    all i know is that i'm thankful for the warlock nerfs, casting while moving is plain stupid
    While I can agree it's rather stupid, with the way how affliction and destruction work, it's almost required. Casting chaos bolts or channeling an "interrupt me" beam while not moving at all ain't easy.
    Speaking for myself now, 70% of my casting done is behind a pillar, moving in and out LoS while casting so I don't get cc'ed or interrupted constantly. Being unable to move and cast is going to cripple my play style a lot. Having done games without KJC in 2s, the difference in performance between KJC and no KJC was rather big.

15+ Year Old Account
    Too early to tell. We've only had one wave of possible changes. There's more to come and edits to be made.

Affliction damage is highly affected by Malefic Grasp. I suspect they will doing something to change that--perhaps scale up the DOT spell's dmg and lower the damage contribution from the spell.

All i know is they're going to overnerf hunters, and leave melee as they are and we'll have melee cleave 2013.
    The vocal majority complains about hunters, nobody says anything about the melee, yet. :Z

Oh, and shadow priests may as well be deleted from the game. Void shift, mass dispel, and now shadowform. might as well remove their flash healing too so they get the message blizzard doesn't want them playing anything but a healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    super early but i'm bored.

ret/hunter/priest .. ret/feral/priest ..and kittycleave.

i dont think mages will be very good unless hunters and ele's take nerfs.

I'm hoping on the triumphant return of Ret/warrior/Druid

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    super early but i'm bored.

ret/hunter/priest .. ret/feral/priest ..and kittycleave.

i dont think mages will be very good unless hunters and ele's take nerfs.
    ^ Agreed.

Enh / Hunter / Priest or Enh / Hunter / Rdruid could do well too. Oh! And we forgot Feral / Hunter / Priest, how could we forget!
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I still think the amount of hunters will decrease though as they move silencing shot over to MM only in 5.4 Thugcleave however will likely benefit from more MM hunters.

But yeah I feel it will be a melee centric 3s ret/hunt/healer, ret/feral/healer, rogue/hunt/healer, druid/hunt/healer and maybe enh/hunt/healer

Casters I think will be quite limited but I do see ele shammies being quite strong this time around. Maybe frost mages.

Deleted
    Sorry for maybe asking stupid. But why do you see ele shaman being the strong caster, and not a mage?

Quote Originally Posted by funanyo View Post
    Sorry for maybe asking stupid. But why do you see ele shaman being the strong caster, and not a mage?
    Good offheals, ranged interrupt, farthest knockback in the game, obscene burst (200k in ~1.5 sec if you get good RNG with Surge/Mastery procs). I think it's mostly the completely 100% RNG burst they have right now that makes them crazy. Like you can get lava surge back to back to back or you can only get it once in 20 seconds; completely random. Sure you can see the Lava Surge procs but they're used almost instantly most of the time, making it really hard to counter.

Deleted
    I probably wont have an arena comps since nobody will take affly 5.4 to his team.

Mages not good in 5.4? are people still riding that fake train? Mages are the top pvp caster right now and basically carry ele shamans to high ratings, now every other caster is geting MASSIVE survivability nerfs whill mages stay untouched, Mages have been good since Vanilla and are still good right now, and will be dominating even more in 5.4

pretty funny considering, hunters cant be interrupted, can move while casting retaining great mobility, dont have dead zone anymore, and pets deal most of the damage anyway, so even if you cc hunter you are still getting trained by his pet/s- it might not me much for for classes like a rogues it too much specially considering all your anti-rigue/feral abilities