Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok if Saurfang is coming back then that makes up for Nazgrim

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so damn excited to see him back. By far my favorite character left in the lore. Think his shot at becoming warchief is pretty good. Blizzard did say it would be someone unexpected and i couldn't think of anyone better than him. Well liked and respected on both sides. Can't wait to see how it plays out

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    A Warchief is equal parts Strength and Leadership. Strength to destroy your enemies, and Leadership to bind the Horde together. The Orc you are about to meet is both of these.
    That's a very accurate description of Saurfang. That's why he is fit to be Warchief. Thrall had good leadership but lacked strength. Garrosh on the other hand had strength but lacked leadership. Saurfang has both strength and leadership. Plus, he is very very experienced.

Damnit, my inner horde craves saurfang lore!

Assuming that it's similar to the warlock green fire questline of 5.2, what could it be? Dual-wielding polearms? Then again, that would only benefit Fury and bring no incentive for other warrior specs to complete the quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    They better not kill him in 5.4!

10+ Year Old Account
    Saurfang's appearance is really not that big a surprise. At least considered if one does actually read quest text and NPC conversations...
    Thrall took off alone to Org, to see where the allies of the cause are... He mentioned Saurfang right there.
    Given that, and the dominant role of Saurfang, it was only a matter of when, and not if he'd turn up.

I completely fail to see any relation of that quest text, and a possible warrior quest line.. For all the text does is describing what Saurfang is and stands for.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    They said it would be someone unexpected. The most expected character (besides possibly Nazgrim before he was revealed as a boss) was Saurfang.

No one is expecting Thrall to become Warchief again. Hmm...

When Blizzard said unexpected, did they mean that people that know of Warcraft lore won't expect it, or that LFR heroes won't expect it? Because Saurfang is the obvious choice if you ask me. More obvious than Nazgrim to be honest, since Nazgrim has been incredibly loyal to Garrosh (which is the reason for his swift rise in ranks) and wouldn't probably join the resistance (which has now been proven).

*sheds a tear at all the unmitigated displays of respect for the veteran orc*
    Welcome back, Varok.

Okay - Random Procrastinating study thought here:

WHAT IF when blizzard stated that Garrosh would make us hate/loathe him, (IGNORING THE GUN'S TO THE HEAD OF THE TROLLS AND THE ATROCITY'S HE COMMITS)

HE KILLS SAURFANG.

Think about it. We demand the return of him, we love him, and that whole WOTLK speech too. It'd be fantastic.

The fan rage would be greater than Trassk's monthly cycle.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fuck yeah.

I hope we get to see some cleavage.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    They said it would be someone unexpected. The most expected character (besides possibly Nazgrim before he was revealed as a boss) was Saurfang.

No one is expecting Thrall to become Warchief again. Hmm...

When Blizzard said unexpected, did they mean that people that know of Warcraft lore won't expect it, or that LFR heroes won't expect it? Because Saurfang is the obvious choice if you ask me. More obvious than Nazgrim to be honest, since Nazgrim has been incredibly loyal to Garrosh (which is the reason for his swift rise in ranks) and wouldn't probably join the resistance (which has now been proven).
    I was really pissed when garrosh got warchief and Saurfang did not, it was a total spit in the face. He had far more experienced then Garrosh would ever be. I do not think Garrosh would never understand, and to put him in charge of the Horde was Thralls worst decision ever.

Hell Saurfang has lead the Horde and the Alliance(Might of Kalimdor), He has the experience, His morals are good, he will not attack the Alliance but will not let them push him around either. The Idea that Garrosh was going to be Warchief made me cringe, it was a bad idea. Blizzard tried to play him off as Ignorant but were trying to show how he was learning, Players were not buying it so they basically flipped the script and made him go crazy to just kill him and rid the bad idea. You can just tell by their writing of this.

Though I do hope Thralls does have to deal with war crimes, he thought to put an inexperienced dumb orc instead of any one else who could have done well? Hell I have a short list 5 people would would have been better then him.
    1. Saurfang
    2. Cairne
    3. Vol'Jin
    4. Eitrigg
    5. Hamuul Runetotem

Ill just end this with a quote:
    I am Saurfang. Brother of Broxigar. You know me to be the Supreme Commander of the Might of Kalimdor. An orc - a true orc warrior - wishes for one thing: To die in the glory of battle against a hated enemy. Some of you have fought in battles. Peace has been with us for many years. Many years we sat idle but many years we battled. In those years - where strife the land and Legion and Scourge sacked our homes, killed our families - these insects dwelled beneath us. Beneath our homes - waiting. Waiting to crush the life from our little ones. To slay all in their path. This they do for their god. And for our gods? We defend. We stand. We show that as one. United. We destroy. Their god will fall. To die today, on this field of battle, is to die an orcish death. To die today is to die for our little ones. Our old ones. Our… loved ones. Would any of you deny yourselves such a death? Such an honor?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was it confirmed to be Warrior-only or is that just the text someone dug up for it? My thoughts is it's part of the Legendary ending where you work with Wrathion to bring his choice for the Horde's new Warchief back to Kalimdor and to the rebellion. Then go raid Orgrimmar.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    ''An orc - a true orc warrior - wishes for one thing: To die in the glory of battle against a hated enemy.''

Saurfang - To die in the glory of battle
    Garrosh - a hated enemy

I swear Blizzard...don't you do it....

Could be with the Brawl'Gar Arena using it like the french revolutionaries used those sort of places. Usually they are offered a blind eye for teh activities that go on in there so it's a prime location for subterfuge and plotting.

Dunno, I've not read the link yet but somethingt hat popped out right away when reading comments.

Saurfang you say? I'm fangirling now. Squeals of joy and all.

10+ Year Old Account
    How epic would it be if Saurfang was the final champion of the Brawlers arena.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

GC said patch 5.4 will have a few big things coming for 5.4, and to choose our favorite.

This is definitely one of the best surprises if so. /reroll if warrior-related

10+ Year Old Account
    Varok is a good known lore orc, but I would like to see Thura the orc that was mentioned in Stormrage to appear to and with some more orcs to.
    Rehgar Earthfury should get his appearance to in WoW and even have a new set for himself to the new orc models to.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Lance View Post
    GC said patch 5.4 will have a few big things coming for 5.4, and to choose our favorite.

This is definitely one of the best surprises if so. /reroll if warrior-related
    That was about new features, and Saurfang having screentime hardly equals one.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Saurfang gets the Warchief title, I can't express my joy in words!!!

Hell YES!