Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I got kicked from an LFR one time in 5.1, but for kind of the opposite reason.

I was dicking around on my combat rogue, running ToES LFR. On Protectors, I decided to keep blade flurry on and dps as hard as I could. Flask, pots, food, etc. Needless to say, I topped meters by a silly margin. The second guy on the dps meter was a lock with a few pieces of heroic raid gear. He did some impressive damage as well, dwarfing everyone else on the list except me. My rogue was all lfr/valor gear.

I guess he got butthurt that he didn't have the biggest numbers in lollfr and was beat by someone with mediocre gear. About a quarter of the way into the boss he figured out what I was doing and started to try and call for a wipe, claiming that I was hurting the raid by cleaving. No one listened to him about wiping, but the entire time he just went on and on about how I'm trash. I never said a word, but it was clear I hurt his precious ego. He was spamming me in whispers with "BLADE FLURRY ISN'T SKILL," lol. I knew I wasn't helping the raid by cleaving, but it's LFR. I just wanted to see what kind of numbers I could get on the meter for the fun of it. Meh.

I was kicked after the boss. No one but the lock had said anything negative about me, from what I remember. But I guess his incessant bitching swayed them over. It was definitely a head-scratching moment. How dare I have fun on easy mode. I should have just done as much dps as the healers and blended in. But yeah, LFR people suck (mostly).

LFR is a cesspool, that's just fact. Say how ever much you enjoy it, "content for everyone" blah blah.... if the majority of responses for getting kicked for berating someone who isn't even there over long periods of time, relying on the rest of the group to carry them, and "Manners > DPS" even though the general consensus seems to be "Keep your mouth shut", it's a toxic environment that only reflects what the community has become. No self-righteous, "Content for the people! Down with 'jerks'! " attitude is going to change the image and state of LFR.

It is kind of funny though, some people praise CRZ because "It makes the world feel more alive" but LFR promotes a "Seen, but not heard" mindset.

Unless you are tanking, you will be invisible in LFR 99.9999% of the time unless you start typing and especially if you start complaining about someone else.

I don't think there's anything wrong with cleaving on Protectors.. if a boss is getting healed by the water, he should be dispelled or moved. Not your problem if you can't do that. Now, if you were cleaving the protectors that come out during Lei Shi's bubble phase, I can understand that. Still not as bad as staying on Horridon 100% and causing Jalak to come out on the third door.

I was once kicked while tanking for dying.....why? Because I had to damn well heal myself -_- yeah this was a 5 man but the priest was in Shadow and said no joke, "Your a pally heal yourself."

I would say that the major flaw with LFR is that you are taking a style of gameplay that usually has some form of coordination and is usually moderated by the person who organizes it, and just turning it into a free for all with 25 people. Trying to do a complex activity with so many complete strangers is difficult.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I remember trying to help out a group wiping on madness, suggesting a diff plat starting and bam, got kicked. Like WTF

i had a guy quit an lfr the other day for a mis-pull on a small trash pack - i was confused

he said something along the lines of "sorry for that mispull, i'll just leave now" then left without a word from anyone
    <insert witty signature here>

Quote Originally Posted by Simplexity View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFWh9aY4pas

Guy dings from fresh 90 to killing Lei Shen LFR afking through every 5 man/raid.
    That was... enlightening. Indeed I have seen players like this, never gave them much thought really (other than we are carrying them.) I didn't mind carrying them, but he brings up a good point: They need to learn how to fail to be successful. This is probably the best advice you can give Blizzard (or anyone) atm, don't whine about them being afk... highlight the fact that no one is helping noobs by carrying them, and they aren't motivated to become better (or even continue playing) because there is no need to do so. They are invisible, and because they cannot fail, they get bored quickly.

Lesson here: failure is proportionate to success. Wiping is a good thing, and this game needs people to fail more.
    "And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge."
    -Spike Spiegel

Quote Originally Posted by Jaojin View Post
    That was... enlightening. Indeed I have seen players like this, never gave them much thought really (other than we are carrying them.) I didn't mind carrying them, but he brings up a good point: They need to learn how to fail to be successful. This is probably the best advice you can give Blizzard (or anyone) atm, don't whine about them being afk... highlight the fact that no one is helping noobs by carrying them, and they aren't motivated to become better (or even continue playing) because there is no need to do so. They are invisible, and because they cannot fail, they get bored quickly.

Lesson here: failure is proportionate to success. Wiping is a good thing, and this game needs people to fail more.
    This is probably my only complaint about LFR, that if you are new to the encounter, it's really tough to learn what to do, because the group will just carry you through all your stupid mistakes. In LFR I was told to stand in puddles in order to mutate on Primordius, and well, the purple puddles are the only really obvious ones.

It took a couple weeks to realize it was wrong, because the group could always just carry me through it.

This is why I don't do LFR. The communities biggest retards gather to be useless together. That Preech video that was linked earlier in the thread was really good, and for me that is saying a lot since I personally hate that guys stream and 99% of all his other videos.

People need failure to make success meaningful. Getting a perfect in Street Fighter feels so amazing because of how much effort you put into your play, you literally didn't make a mistake and played perfect but how would you feel if there was a button that auto perfects people for you? That is LFR in a nutshell.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2013-06-14 at 01:17 AM.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarazet View Post
    Still not as bad as staying on Horridon 100% and causing Jalak to come out on the third door.
    Nothing wrong with that in LFR. Remember, it's easy mode. Getting Jalak at the 2nd or 3rd door in LFR is still way easier than doing the fight properly in normal mode.
    Apart from the fact, that if you help aoeing the adds you most likely get aggro from them and then die to them anyway, because LFR tanks are rarely good enough to hold them.

Quote Originally Posted by TacTican View Post
    What I try not to do is bash on people. That creates a toxic, hostile atmosphere, and people who don't want to raid in a toxic atmosphere (presumably, the majority of people who are there) would be justified in wanting me to GTFO and stop ruining their fun.

Next time do it with some tact, you might be pleasantly surprised at how differently people respond to you.
    This guy got it, too many people don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxyboo View Post
    You were likely more intrusive and disruptive to the LFR Run than the afk'ers were. And you got yourself booted.
    Exactly this. If bosses are dying, I could care less who is afk or who has crappy gear, or who dies to the maze. But what annoys me to no end is the person who is constantly talking garbage and posting recount.

LFR is easy now.. we get that.. just go with the flow and keep your mouth shut. Your comments in chat lessened the enjoyment of the LFR for more people than did the crappy dps of the afk guy.

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 04:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I hate people like OP. Ok, not hate... but but I hate the whiny, bitching "Im top dps, you slackers don't deserve to be in the same LFR as me" bullshit. Guess what? About 1/3 of the DPS will be good. 1/3 will be average or below. 1/3 will be crap. All you do by raging is to make LFR toxic. If you hate the thing that much act like an adult and don't run it.
    Exactly. LFR does not require ´top dps´.. it is a fun, casual place to run through and have FUN. You know what makes it unfun.. the OP. Bosses die rapidly, I haven´t seen a wipe in about a month on two different characters. If someone is afk.. so what.. it adds about 30 seconds to the overall run. And really, i have recount.. I have never seen anyone totally afk past the first boss.

Almost all of the actual problems in LFR are caused not by people being ´bad´.. it is by raiders causing problems.

To the OP. Just because you're doing top DPS doesn't entitle you to be a prick and call people out and harass them, even if they were AFKing. Initiate a vote kick, finish the instance, and get your gear. If you want real raiding, get a guild and do it for real.

As far as I'm concerned, LFR should be there to fill the role it was created for. That role is to let people see the content. That's it. See it. Not be rewarded by not wanting to put in any effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    if you dont like lfr dont play it otherwise get your mouth shut in lfr or get kicked - YOUR choice
    That just perfectly sums it up. Don't open your mouth in LFR with smartass comments or u run the risk of getting pwned and deservedly so. I seriously hate ppl who whinge about DPS or healing or someone being afk or whatever. As long as it isn't affecting the run ppl should just stfu. I have no problem with someone being afk and getting loot if the run isn't affected. LFR is boring as bat shit and no one wants to actually be at their keyboard. Too many delusional ppl out there with a god complex that think they are natural born leaders and one of a kind and treat LFR like its a guild run. Makes me laugh and cry at the same time.

@OP After reading ur post i'm so glad u got kicked man. Just stfu and DPS next time seriously. Do ur job without opening ur mouth. I hope you learned a lesson.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen people get kicked for the same reason you were, I've also seen afk'ers get kicked more often than not, and needers.

People kick those that cause a fuss though, sometimes it's just annoying having to hear for the 100th time how annoying a group of people are. Whether it is afker's pissing someone off, or the needers. Those people suck, yeah we all get it. But whiners also suck just as much in my opinion. We are going to get through this without your input. It's just not necessary. Vote kick him without the bitching if its such a problem, but I'm sick of all the drama, and the finger pointing, and the condescending attitude people have.

It's LFR. It's not hard, don't go into it with an 'I'm better than you' attitude or police the damn dps/hps charts. It is so annoying. As soon as I see that shit happen I just click into my guild chat window instead, I couldn't care less about the bickering and who is doing what. I just want to get through this. You think you are punishing the person that you are calling out, but you are really just worsening the experience for everyone else. Suck it up and deal with it like an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Except he doesn't do it normally and isn't trying to brag. He did it to illustrate a point.
    And people level 0-90 using pet battles, or herbing. A guy leveled to 60 as a warrior without using any gear. There are always ´crazy´things you can do to level in wow.. it is not hard. But this guy does it by inconviencing other people. grats to him.

Do you have any idea how many thousands of characters have been leveled by afking through battlegrounds? It isn´t that big of a deal.

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 04:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Monstercloud View Post
    LFR is a cesspool, that's just fact. Say how ever much you enjoy it, "content for everyone" blah blah.... if the majority of responses for getting kicked for berating someone who isn't even there over long periods of time, relying on the rest of the group to carry them, and "Manners > DPS" even though the general consensus seems to be "Keep your mouth shut", it's a toxic environment that only reflects what the community has become. No self-righteous, "Content for the people! Down with 'jerks'! " attitude is going to change the image and state of LFR.

It is kind of funny though, some people praise CRZ because "It makes the world feel more alive" but LFR promotes a "Seen, but not heard" mindset.
    The only cesspool was from the OP. Probably 24 other people were happy that bosses were dyng. I honestly don´t get this ´toxic´ environment stuff. You are confusing being mediocre players with being toxic, which was the OP. There is nothing toxic about clearing 3 bosses with 5 dps afk and nobody complaining in chat.. i am content with that.

Deleted
    I reported 3 people in one day today.
    Said nothing the entire raid. Healed perfectly fine. On Lei Shen, someone pulls the boss randomly, we fight him, after a while we die and someone asks who pulled. Someone from my server completely randomly says it was me that pulled and that I should be kicked from the raid. Just totally out of the blue. Not once but several times he continually says it was me. I don't know this person, have had no beef with them or their alts that are listed. Just seems like an asshat being an asshat.
    Next raid I joined (right after the above one) there was about 3 people AFK. I mentioned one of them being AFK which resulted in him flaming me with a whole list of vulgarities. Of course this guy also on top of this denied being AFK and was "lagging". Seems a lot of these seemingly AFK people are experiencing lag. This guy however was not even trying to attack things. He wasn't even targetting bosses nevermind attack them.
    LFR is a horrible experience. Seems you also can't even kick people now because it returns an error message saying they can't be kicked for another 2 or 4 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was once kicked for lets see....Trying out a high mastery build as a monk(i was taing too much damage beofre) and told to try it with guild not waste others time(small guild so not much choice)....Oh and of course for trying to fucking rez someone caue the healers were asses and just left em there after the fight.....

Que shitstorm from both of us me being told to do my job me telling him to do his tank and i start discussing swap and bam out...Oh right also dissed stormrage their server by mentioning i know many people who were leaving JUST because people like them were on it...

Some people seem to expect perfection out pf LFR you want a perfect LFR run go with guild...You wanna run with people experimenting and random bads(which may very well include me) then yes go LFR...

There are reasons i say new tanks NEVER get to learn....Too damn toxic and we never get the chance leveling because it's too fucking easy.

OP is just frustrated.

All of this can happen even in normal mode/hc mode pug groups (getting kicked for any reason). Its not a problem with LFR.