Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Pfft, she was clearly just intimidated my Varians chin and forgot that she's been leading armys into battle for 10'000 years or so.
    She wasnt, thats the thing. She is incompetent and only Night Elves can have such idiot as leader.

Derah. Open your eyes. The entire cataclysm xpac was based around thrall. You can't defend this. If you think alliance lore is truly equal to horde, maybe you should go outside for a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sznur View Post
    All that quotes are correct... your point ?
    Yeah, this is what I thought. They've been slapping the Alliance around since Wrath, so I don't see any flaws in those quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Derah. Open your eyes. The entire cataclysm xpac was based around thrall. You can't defend this. If you think alliance lore is truly equal to horde, maybe you should go outside for a bit.
    Why are you going back to cataclysm? I'm talking about Mists of Pandaria. Cataclysm is in the past. But if you REALLY wanna talk about cataclysm, out of the 5 high lvl zones in the game, in how many was thrall the focus? NONE.

Hyjal: Focus there was Malfurion leading the guardians of Hyjal against ragnaros. It had a small (and rather sucky I'll admit) questchain about thrall, but its just 8 small quests in a zone that has A HUNDRED AND TWENTY FIVE.

Vasj'ir: Absent completely. Not even mentioned (Save for the joke of "By Thrall's balls")

Deepholm: One very minor cameo were you turn a single quest to him and that's it, he's never seen or mentioned again.

Uldum: Absent completely.

Twilight Highlands: Absent completely. You get a very brief non-canon cameo in the form of a nightmare.

Then he shows up in 1 dungeon and 1 raid. HOW THE HELL YOU RATIONALIZE THAT AS "Hur dur whole expansion is about him"?

And what the fuck does that has to do with MoP? In MOP the alliance has gotten nothing but love, while the horde gets kicked in the balls, and they're still whining and bitching about it.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

The Alliance is nothing, any bit of lore you get, you should be happy with. The warcraft series can live without the alliance but is nothing without the horde!

I'll respond to your post as things go down.

You start off by complaining that our airship survived and is awesome. Okay sure. Gnome/Draenei engineering > Goblin. More safe, at least.

You lose Nazgrim, we lost Bolvar. And believe me, Bolvar was significantly more important than Saurfang's kid. He was a faction leader for Vanilla and BC.

You get kicked out of Dalaran. We lost our main hub on a CONTINENT. We gained a city for the one the Horde took from us.

You complain about the Thunder King's power, except that the Horde gets the power of the OLD GODs. And yes, at the moment, Garrosh is still the Horde, you haven't declared rebellion just yet.

Voljin certainly didn't beg for help. In fact, if he was begging, why is the Alliance running around playing errand boy for him all of 5.3?

The Horde didn't invade Theramore, but they certainly attacked it. And then blew it up. And if you'll recall, Undercity was neutral at the time of the Wrathgate due to an "uprising" and both factions invaded it.

You complain about losing your leader (we lost Bolvar) and your elite, but if you actually read the lore, both RHONIN and most of the 7TH LEGION were killed by the Mana Bomb.

You complain about our dailies and the rare spawns but you forget that you always wreck us at PVP. I spent over a month trying to do that stupid PVP quest and was denied my legendary quest completion for a long time because of it.

Anduin had less face time than Thrall did in Cata, and oh yeah, Garrosh nearly killed him, a young boy.

Don't call people whiners unless you have a legitimate reason. Last expansion was all about Thrally Sue and how special he is, this expansion is all about how awesome Voljin is. Get over yourself.

Alliance gets no lore cause they suck and dont do anything, whats so hard to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Why are you going back to cataclysm? I'm talking about Mists of Pandaria. Cataclysm is in the past. But if you REALLY wanna talk about cataclysm, out of the 5 high lvl zones in the game, in how many was thrall the focus? NONE.

Hyjal: Focus there was Malfurion leading the guardians of Hyjal against ragnaros. It had a small (and rather sucky I'll admit) questchain about thrall, but its just 8 small quests in a zone that has A HUNDRED AND TWENTY FIVE.

Vasj'ir: Absent completely. Not even mentioned (Save for the joke of "By Thrall's balls")

Deepholm: One very minor cameo were you turn a single quest to him and that's it, he's never seen or mentioned again.

Uldum: Absent completely.

Twilight Highlands: Absent completely. You get a very brief non-canon cameo in the form of a nightmare.

Then he shows up in 1 dungeon and 1 raid. HOW THE HELL YOU RATIONALIZE THAT AS "Hur dur whole expansion is about him"?

And what the fuck does that has to do with MoP? In MOP the alliance has gotten nothing but love, while the horde gets kicked in the balls, and they're still whining and bitching about it.
    The alliance has got nothing but love..? Right. Finishing 5.3 in half an hour made me feel pretty loved. You really think horde has been kicked in the balls all expansion? Its been blue posted this expansion has been about horde. You're delusional bro

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 02:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by spelle View Post
    Alliance gets no lore cause they suck and dont do anything, whats so hard to understand?
    Nailed it. Fanboys are great. Grow up

Lol @ complaining about complaining. Players from both factions have bitched about anything and everything.

Horde: wrath is about alliance this sucks
    Alliance: you're making all our heroes neutral this sucks
    Horde: cata is making us BAD GUYZ this sucks
    Alliance: this expansion is about horde this sucks
    Horde: OMG WERE THE BAD GUYZ
    Alliance: this expansion is also about horde

If you seriously think there's a difference between gamers playing two factions of the same game, you need your head checked.

Quote Originally Posted by spelle View Post
    Did you make an account to reply to this? Alliance aren't cowardly war mongers. And id have no problem with horde being put in prison camps if we actually get a fair expansion. I can dream

Deleted
    As an Alliance player I admit that MoP so far has been good for the Alliance, but 2 major problems still remain and in my opinion that's why the Alliance playerbase is still angry:
    - the victories you mention don't leave any persistent consequence in the game. even the siege of Orgrimmar will end with us leaving the capital, so no persistent victory even there. plus, cataclysm was beyond horrible for us, by far the most biased and horrible expansion for a single faction ever.
    - a good Alliance storytelling is not there yet. 5.3 Alliance role has been very minor, and pretty much all MoP lore has been human lore, while we want other races to be involved as well, mainly Draenei and Worgen.
    Last edited by mmoc785ca38ad1; 2013-06-14 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Oh boo hoo. The Horde had been 'shat on' (your analogy) in all content up to 4.0, then the tables turn and suddenly the Alliance can't handle it. And apparently even the siege of Orgrimmar and the defeat of the Horde isn't enough for them, they want Stromgarde and Lordaeron back as well.

No, I think it is the Alliance who want everything and are never satisfied. Heck, if Blizzard had chosen to let the Horde raid Stormwind I think some Alliance fan would seriously consider a terrorist attack on Blizzard headquarters, they are that insane.

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 06:08 PM ----------

Lol, the Alliance has pretty much all their heroes from Warcraft 1 and 2 still being alive while the Horde has nobody left from that era.

Heck, the Alliance has even been promised to get Turalyon and Alleria back, while they already have so many heroes that Blizzard can't even fit them all into the story. Hence why Khadgar, Danath, Tirion, Malfurion, Tyrande and countless others just have to wait for 'their' time to shine maybe once in 6 expansions. This expansion they decided to use Jaina, Varian and Anduin. Next expansion they choose another 3 because they simply have too many options to choose from.

That is also the reason Alliance heroes tend to go neutral, the Horde has no equivalent hero or faction left.

Horde side is easy, they don't have many notable characters. And now it's very possible that a few of them are killed off on top of that. The plus side to all of this is of course that most Horde characters get enough screentime, because there aren't a whole lot to work with.
    I was livid when we had to kill Kargath Bladefist. Tagar Spinebreaker could have filled the same role as Warchief of the Fel Horde and we could have kept a hero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    You lose Nazgrim, we lost Bolvar. And believe me, Bolvar was significantly more important than Saurfang's kid. He was a faction leader for Vanilla and BC.
    Not really lost him. He's more powerful than ever and on standby for whenever the Alliance wants to break the vow of secrecy to call him back.

The Horde didn't invade Theramore, but they certainly attacked it. And then blew it up. And if you'll recall, Undercity was neutral at the time of the Wrathgate due to an "uprising" and both factions invaded it.
    That must be why Varian declared war on the Horde and attacked Thrall with the intent of wiping orcs off the face of Azeroth. AFTER the threat was neutralized.

You complain about losing your leader (we lost Bolvar) and your elite, but if you actually read the lore, both RHONIN and most of the 7TH LEGION were killed by the Mana Bomb.
    Bolvar is still very much alive and more powerful than ever. Rhonin was not an Alliance leader.

You complain about our dailies and the rare spawns but you forget that you always wreck us at PVP. I spent over a month trying to do that stupid PVP quest and was denied my legendary quest completion for a long time because of it.
    Gameplay imbalance has nothing to do with lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Did you make an account to reply to this? Alliance aren't cowardly war mongers. And id have no problem with horde being put in prison camps if we actually get a fair expansion. I can dream
    If you want to dream about land of ponies and rainbows then I heard there is a relatively new cartoon with pretty big following, maybe you should watch it.

This is another point that irks me, why do people bitch about thrall so much? entirety of cata? hardly. Wanna count how many times thrall showed up in cata? Goblin zone (which alliance players never see, so you can't count that as him being shoved down your throat). 1 very brief cameo before going to deepholm, 1 non-canon cameo in twilight highlands (Its not canon because its just a nightmare), 1 quest-chain in hyjal, 1 instance, 1 raid. That's it.
    You list all those things as if it's not a lot? Thrall was the central character of Cataclysm. He was being groomed to become the next aspect of earth. The final cutscene of the entire freaking expac was about his ugly baby.

How often have you had to interact with Anduin, exactly?

I'm not really an Alliance qqer, however, I do think that in general Horde gets more epic quest lines. The intro to Twilight Highlands was awesome. The battle to free Razor Hill was awesome. I'm sure the freeing of Orgrimar will be also awesome. True, we did get to raid Undercity once. We didn't really do anything in there, though. They also have better racials for PVE. There's a reason most Heroic guilds are Horde. I also feel that the Horde transportation system is better than the Alliance. There are more zepplins to useful places than boats.
    Last edited by xinjun; 2013-06-14 at 06:55 PM.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    If you want to dream about land of ponies and rainbows then I heard there is a relatively new cartoon with pretty big following, maybe you should watch it.
    ....lolwut. try to keep on track here bro. You might be a bronie, that ain't me

snip
    I don't want to hear about Bolvar. At least he went out with a bang. Dranosh Saurfang became just another death knight. If you read the Shattering, Dranosh would have been Warchief if he survived. We wouldn't even be having this discussion if he became Warchief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Less than 15 min after starting the expansion we lose our airship while you keep yours and it becomes "The Proud Flagship of the Alliance" "The ship that took down Deathwing" "The warmachine that rains death and destruction upon the horde in every single engagement it happens"
    Fair enough, although this just means that the Alliance is a bit more technologically advanced on the gunship part. (considering they've been building similar things since at least the second war)

We get to lose General Nazgrim, an orc that we've fought side-by-side with since WOTLK back when he was a simple sergeant, and we've grown to admire and respect him. And he's going the way of the do-do in 5.4 while you get to keep your spiffy Admiral Taylor, and Admiral Rogers.
    Assumptions. We know Nazgrim is a boss in SoO, we don't know whether he dies or not. What I think of it is Taylor showing up in the fight, and both dying.

We get to be kicked out of Dalaran like vermin, with a large chunk of our people locked inside as prisoners, and the alliance gains a frikking new capital.
    A Dalaran that isn't even represented ingame. And I wouldn't be surprised if Jaina ends up letting those prisoners go, considering how her last confrontation with Lor'themar went.

We got to the island of thunder to get some sort of power against garrosh. What do we get? a golem's triple-A batteries. What does the alliance gets? THE POWER OF THE FRIKKING THUNDER KING!
    The Alliance got the power of the Thunder King, yes. The Horde got the power of the Titans in form of Anima. Anima is pretty much used to create life. I'd say that's pretty even (or maybe even better)

Blizzard introduces 2 scenarios in 5.1 1 alliance and 1 horde. What's the alliance scenario about? Why of course you guys delivering a shameful defeat upon us by playing us like stupid fiddlesticks and luring us into the most obvious trap ever, and butcher our forces en masse in the most humilliating ways possible, including beign turned into exploding chickens. What do we get? hmm......... one of our most beloved leaders gets a knife in the neck, and we have to fight our own people
    I'm pretty sure those forces were all orcs, most likely part of Garrosh's army. And we all know how much of a tactician Garrosh is. Don't forget that the Alliance scenario made one of their most experienced leaders (Tyrande) look like some novice leader.
    Oh, and your beloved leader is leading a rebellion now.

We get to watch as our beloved faction gets run to the ground, broken, splintered and shattered, as we get to be forced to work with a monster and a madman whether we want it or not, while you get to play the heroes, saving the world from our insanity.
    So the Horde doesn't take part in the Siege? I think the Siege is more Horde centered because of how much they want to remove Garrosh. The Alliance just tags along.

We get to watch one of our beloved leaders, the same one who barely survived his encounter with death, PLEAD AND BEG to the alliance for help because we obviously are too weak to even put a dent on orgrimmar on our own. Great, we have to grovel and bow to our enemies in order to survive, while they get to smugly laugh and look at us with condencendance.
    Plead and beg? Or you mean that he's not stupid enough to see that he needs more than his own rebellion to take down Garrosh.

Alliance gets to canonically invade one of our capitals FOR THE SECOND TIME (first time was battle for undercity). How many times have we canonically invaded an alliance capital? hmmmmmm that's right, ZERO.
    Technically, the Horde (although the old one) destroyed Stormwind.

Ohh but it gets better, The final big bad of the expansion is a major horde figure, and the main cannon fodder you guys get to trample and butcher by the hundreds are horde soldiers, The Kor'kron, the supposedly ELITE of our forces. You get to walk all over our elite forces and kill them all as if they were simple redshirts. When was the last time we got to do that on a major scale, for a full expansion with the alliance's elite, 7th Legion? ohh that's right, NEVER, THAT'S WHEN.
    Did you know most of the 7th Legion was decimated in Tides of War? And the Kor'kron isn't what it used to be. Garrosh has been mass recruiting orcs and turned it into a war machine. The old Kor'kron were mainly protectors.

Hell, even in gameplay you have been blessed. Remember Krasarang? I sure do. Quests get random every day, and sometimes, the alliance is attacking domination point, while other time the horde attacks lion's landing. When the alliance attacks us? they take over our docks, they have airships bombarding the CORE OF OUR BASE from the sky, and they set the outer perimeter on fire. When we get to "invade" lion's landing? Hmm............ we dont' get within a 100 yards of the damn thing. Because the most we get to do is fight in the barricades well outside your base. Great, you pwn our base, but we don't even get to be inside yours.
    They take over the docks? That's weird, I've never done a quest that takes over the docks. And the Horde does technically invade Lion's Landing. But you probably didn't do the scenario with the same name. The only dailies involved in the outer walls of the Horde base is killing 2 named mobs. The dailies don't get much further than that.

It gets better. Alliance rares in Lion's landing? priest one is in the middle of SIX MOBS. Warrior one is in the middle of SEVEN MOBS. Rogue one is right next to 2, and blinks away constantly so she ends up pulling 4 extras all the time. Horde rares in domination point? Rogue is in a tower in the middle of nowhere, so you allies can kill it without pesky mobs interrupting, Warrior one is right at the entrance with no backup save for 2 mobs that don't pull with him when you attack him from range, priest one is at the back of the base near a very convenient stump you can use to fight her with no extra adds.
    The warrior is in the middle of 2 mobs, with mobs running around. You have to kill 2 mobs at most and pull him to a safe spot.
    I'm not sure where you're getting the 4 mobs from the rogue from.
    I'd have to agree with you on the priest, but only because she doesn't always move out of the tent, so it's difficult to pull her to a safe spot.

Even your major lore figures get love. Anduin is pretty much the protagonist of this expansion. he shows up in 60% of pandaria, and when he does, we horde players HAVE to work with him, and he ends up SAVING OUR ASSES. Yeah, goody. He's even part of the frikking legendary quest. Varian gets to be blue jesus, Jaina does nothing but kick major @ss (and be an @ss) and even Moira gets her own moment of awesome.
    Now, I haven't finished Chapter 3 yet (silly runestones) but part of the legendary questchain? He's sitting there, playing a boardgame with Wrathion. Varian doesn't do shit after all that happened in 5.1 (and he didn't really do much there either) so I'm not sure where this ''blue jesus'' is coming from. I'll have to agree with the Jaina part, she does kick some ass in 5.1. But nothing more than Lor'themar in 5.2.

Our lore figures? Thrall goes MIA, Vol'jin gets a knife to the neck, and hten has to grovel and beg for the alliance to help us or face anihilation, Nazgrim gets killed, Garrosh is completely insane and treats us just as bad as our enemies, Baine barely gets a cameo, Sylvannas is MIA, Gallywix to this day hasn't even been SEEN so he may as well not exist. Pretty much the only Major Horde Figure to receive any form of love is Lor'themar and I'd say ABOUT DAMN TIME, given that he's been nothing but a joke since he was introduced. (Remember his pissed off quote? "DON'T TOUCH THE HAIR". Yeah, even when angry he's supposed to be comic relief)
    Thrall already had a lot of spotlight in Cataclysm, you honestly think he should've gotten even more in MoP? Vol'jin gets a knife in the neck, recovers from it and starts the rebellion. And there's that assumption of Nazgrim dying again. You haven't seen what Baine does in 5.4 (neither have I, obviously)
    As for comic relief, the blood elves get far less than the gnomes do.

Reverse role stuff
    60% of the game? Let's see. 1-2 quests in the Jade Forest, 3-4 quests in Krasarang, 1 quest in Kun-Lai (part of the 5.1 questchain) and...
    Oh wait, that's it. Must be a pretty small game you're playing here.

All in all, I don't agree with the most of the Alliance whining (some of it is just over the top) but some of it is perfectly reasonable. It's also a reason why I've stepped over the the Horde and being Alliance for over 6 years.
    And I think you're just as bad as the massive Alliance whining.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

You have Orc Jesus, your argument is invalid.

I played alliance since day one of vanilla until day one of MOP, when my alliance raiding guild died. I've played horde for all of MOP. So:

1. Blizzard (as a whole) doesn't like the alliance very much. Thrall gets married has a kid, Bolvar gets damned to eternity of undeath. VP has to apologize for one of their senior employees referring to all alliance players as *derogatory term for gay people*.

2. It's popular to dislike the alliance. All over popular culture. I complained gently once to a web comic artist, that maybe he could portray alliance players as not complete idiots or horrible human beings. His (predictable) reply? FOR THE HORDE! So yeah F that guy, haven't read his crappy comic since. Hell even the Daily Blink does it via his girlfriend who posts really horrible things about the alliance, or at least she used to. Dude made me my own character poster in a contest once, awesome! Still stopped reading him because of his horrible girlfriend's posts. People really freaking dislike the alliance!

3. People seem to enjoy being bad guys. When I tried SWTOR, omfg how everybody was gushing over being on the side of the Empire.
    3a. That even transfers to real life - look at the 501st - they do lots of charity stuff while dressing like characters who served a xenophobic Hitler-was-a-kitten-compared-to-him evil emperor. They call themselves, "Vader's fist" - really? Vader? Same guy who murdered all those children? Who conducted "purges" etc? Yet the 501st is this fun thing.

I think #3 is telling. Apparently humans are evil. I never will be, though.

I've also learned one more thing.... you know how all those horde players are jerks? Actually it turns out everybody's a jerk.

So in the end, the only thing being horde or alliance does is cut you off from playing with a % of the player base on your server. That's it. The horde are comprised of stupid looking characters who mostly can't stand up straight. Whee. I play a goblin. I've stopped caring.