Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Derah. Open your eyes. The entire cataclysm xpac was based around thrall. You can't defend this. If you think alliance lore is truly equal to horde, maybe you should go outside for a bit.
    *points to TBC and Wrath*
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    *points to TBC and Wrath*
    TBC revolved around the Horde more than it did the Alliance. Wrath was pretty overall neutral.

Honestly my problem with the Alliance has always been how insanely racist they are and always have been.

That's really the only thing that separates them from the Horde in my mind. Otherwise, both are really just gray factions trying to survive.
    my rank 1's from years ago don't mean dookie now lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    You must be playing a different WoW. The alliance storyline is completely dominated by humans and it's detrimental to every other race either due to neglect(draenei, gnome, worgen) or due to making their leaders look bad(Tyrande, Falstad, and Muradin).
    Curious how you completely ignored that Horde side is very similar, as I said. Undead are absent, Tauren make cameos, and Trolls are saved by Green Jesus and Chen from a near successful genocide.

Alliance is responsible to release one of the Echo Isles retake heroes from a cage in Dranoshar Blockade. And you didn't even noticed that, did you? It was just a another filthy Troll, not the High Druid of that race...

Ignorance about what's is around don't make you guys right. I just make your opinion less important due lack of effort on making it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziharkk View Post
    Honestly my problem with the Alliance has always been how insanely racist they are and always have been.

That's really the only thing that separates them from the Horde in my mind. Otherwise, both are really just gray factions trying to survive.
    yeah i know, but the funny thing is, all this current shit with Garrosh has pushed the bar out with him and his kor'kohn being the racist pricks of this current story, making the orcs look worse for it, and generally breaking the horde apart because of it.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    and you call alliance whiny

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Curious how you completely ignored that Horde side is very similar, as I said. Undead are absent, Tauren make cameos, and Trolls are saved by Green Jesus and Chen from a near successful genocide.

Alliance is responsible to release one of the Echo Isles retake heroes from a cage in Dranoshar Blockade. And you didn't even noticed that, did you? It was just a another filthy Troll, not the High Druid of that race...

Ignorance about what's is around don't make you guys right. I just make your opinion less important due lack of effort on making it.
    Um, blood elves and trolls are highly active in the story. Tauren have their Sunwalker thing. Goblins had two scenarios about them. The only horde race notably absent from MoP is the forsaken(who got a pretty large amount of new lore in Cata).

Draenei, worgen, and gnomes aren't doing anything. Night elves got to look like idiots so humans look better, and dwarves got a scenario where 2/3s of their leadership look like incompetent boobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    TBC revolved around the Horde more than it did the Alliance. Wrath was pretty overall neutral.
    how is wrath neutral? Brann in Ulduar, Tirion in ICC.

Quote Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post
    how is wrath neutral? Brann in Ulduar, Tirion in ICC.
    Tirion is neutral. Pretty sure it was the Kirin Tor in Ulduar.

Tirion is neutral. Pretty sure it was the Kirin Tor in Ulduar.
    well thrall was neutral in cata, yet the ally seem to bitch about that

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say Faction favoritism and people arguing about it on Forums indicate a job well done, as it means people are passionate about the game and its factions. The problem Alliance Players feel they have is that Horde Characters are developed much better in game than the Alliance, to which I believe there to be some truth.

In terms of 5.1, I think that was relatively even. The Horde had a better scenario with Vol'jin, as it advanced the plot and developed the story. The Alliance one featuring Tyrande could have been a 'what if' situation from what it really showed in terms of its after effects, and all it did for the Alliance was make one of their respected Heroes look like an idiot compared to Varian, who was suddenly obsessed with patience, but overall through 5.1 I feel Varian was coming along nicely.

In terms of Dalaran, thats a little iffy to me. Horde players infiltrate Darnassus and as such they are kicked out of Dalaran by Jaina. However, the Horde still manages to rescue a reasonable amount of Prisoners and slaughter a few Alliance with Rommath. The culmination of the 5.1 Storyline saw Anduin almost die, but my biggest issue is that we never saw any negotiations in game between Varian and Lor'themar, which I think would have been great to involve the Players in. The outcome is unclear to me, as the Horde did loose their foothold in Dalaran and sent the Kirin Tor towards the Alliance, but it solidified and mobilized the Blood Elves and with the fact they could have potentially joined the Alliance lore wise, I feel its a blow for the Alliance, and that leads us into 5.2

5.2 is much better as Horde for me personally as it develops Lor'themar Theron from someone most people didn't even know about into a badass Blood Elf who is someone who I'd love to see more of. I think my personal problem with 5.2 is that its Jaina appearing again. I was expected to see another Alliance faction. At the end of 5.1 Varian sends for Velen, who still hasn't shown up yet, and by now I don't expect to, but it would have been nice to see maybe the Draenei fighting against the Blood Elves and developing and solidifying the Draenei as part of the Alliance.

5.3 is definitely better for Horde. It focuses around Vol'jin, with the Alliance not even seeing one of their Heroes. It felt underwhelming as an Alliance Player, compared to the combination of Thrall, Chen and Vol'jin, and the advancement of Thrall and Vol'jin's plot. Also the Dev's needed to be reminded that the full might of the Alliance could possibly have more sway on Garrosh's forces than a currently fairly small Rebellion.

Unfortunately my belief is that the Trial of the High King Questline has been scrapped in favor of Scenario Advancements. I don't expect to see Worgen, Gnomes or Draenei at all now, and based on comments during a live discussion it was made fairly clear that 5.4 would be focusing on the Humans of the Alliance, Anduin, Jaina and Varian. What I've said above is only relative to Mists Content, but I feel that the Horde Characters have been set up much better for the upcoming confrontation than the Alliance Characters, and they have their paths cemented in the Siege. I would like to see a 5.4 with a similar style to 5.1, which had a great story and build up, but I don't believe that will happen.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Pretty sure Thrall destroyed an alliance fleet and brought the goblins into the horde while he was "neutral." Tirion wasn't the leader of the alliance and then left to be neutral only to go right back to the alliance afterwards.

Tirion was firmly established as vanilly in Vanilla, hadn't been part of the alliance for decades story wise, and never had a role in the story before vanilla.

Thrall was the FOUNDER and WARCHIEF of the horde right up until the point he left to go do the shaman stuff in Cataclysm.

If you don't see the difference in that, not much I can say.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

Main Villain: Human. Former Alliance Prince.
    First Raid main Boss: Former Kirin Tor.
    Main antagonists of the main villain: Tirion Fordring and Darion Morgraine. Both came from Alliance.
    2 commanders perish at the feet of the Lich King, while they are bringing Alliance and Horde to the fight side by side.
    The Horde one is dominated into a minion, the Alliance one resist to take the place of the Lich King,in order to save the world.
    BTW, Horde lose control of one of their cities, and Alliance almost takes it to themselves, being held from that by force for their own diplomat.

We learn about the origins of Gnomes, Humans, and more about dwarves. Trolls have some minor curiosities.

The hub is a Former Alliance Town that was kind enough to allow Horde to use their facilities in exchange for help with Malygos. But we have to be careful, because the town's first lady just don't stab every Horde in the back, because it would upset her husband.

You know what? I just had enough of this Alliance blindness. I'll stop to post here and will only use this thread as a humor link with my friends that play WoW. Tragicomedy in its purest form.
    Last edited by Buu; 2013-06-16 at 01:42 AM.

Main antagonists of the main villain: Tirion Fordring and Darion Morgraine. Both came from Alliance.
    2 commanders perish at the feet of the Lich Kings, when they are bringing Alliance and Horde to the fight side by side.The Horde one is dominated into a minion, the Alliance one takes the place of the Lich King to save the world.
    BTW, Horde lose control of one of their cities, and Alliance almost takes it to themselves, being held from that by the force of their diplomat.

We learn about the origins of Gnomes, Humans, and more about dwarves. Trolls have some minor curiosities.

The hub is a Former Alliance Town that was kind enough to allow Horde to use their facilities in exchange of help with Malygos. But we have to be careful, because the town's first lady just don't stab every Horde in the back, because it would upset her husband.

You know what? I just had enough of this Alliance blindness. I'll stop to post here and will only use this thread as a humor link with my friends that play WoW. Tragicomedy in its purest form.
    While I do think that wrath was alliance leaning, don't forget that Arthas was a Lordaeron prince. Which faction is Lordaeron in now? The Horde, via the Forsaken, though they were sadly absent after Wrathgate and their role pretty much taken up by the neutral ebon blade.

Former prince of Lordaeron. Lordaeron is part of the horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    all lands belong to the trolls, and trolls are in the horde. Time for you to fall off a cliff alliance.
    #boycottchina

2 commanders perish at the feet of the Lich King, while they are bringing Alliance and Horde to the fight side by side.
    The Horde one is dominated into a minion, the Alliance one resist to take the place of the Lich King,in order to save the world.
    BTW, Horde lose control of one of their cities, and Alliance almost takes it to themselves, being held from that by force for their own diplomat.

The hub is a Former Alliance Town that was kind enough to allow Horde to use their facilities in exchange for help with Malygos. But we have to be careful, because the town's first lady just don't stab every Horde in the back, because it would upset her husband.

Arthas and Dalaran all have big ties to both Alliance and Horde, through the Forsaken and Blood Elves. Tirion actually is neutral, unlike Thrall.

The problem here, is that people like you go Human=Alliance. Despite the fact that not every human is with the Alliance, just like not every Orc is with the Horde.

Lor'themar is a blood elf. blood elfs used to be high elves. High elves are alliance.

bad logic is bad, just because Lordaeron is horde now, doesnt mean it was when he was still prince.

Lor'themar is a blood elf. blood elfs used to be high elves. High elves are alliance.

bad logic is bad, just because Lordaeron is horde now, doesnt mean it was when he was still prince.
    So I guess by that logic, the Forsaken and Blood Elves have absolutely no reason to hate Arthas I guess? Good to know.