Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Which new model do you think could come out wrong?

Not saying that blizzard is bad at what they do, but sometimes during a reboot things don't go as planned. I think that dwarfs won't go over well. Specifically male dwarfs. I think that the beards will come out wrong. (Dem beards be important) Also, the undead. I hope they go for a design that doesn't involve bones popping out of armor. -_-'
    You make me smile with my heart.

If they give Night Elves a newer model so it looks like Sylvanas or Alexstraza/Ysera, I'm totally doing a race change. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm interested in Tauren. Wonder how they will turn out.
    Currently Procrastinating

I don't think any will come out wrong.

I don't really get it. Why are you convincing yourself already that something "won't go over well"? What do you base that on? Nobody hasn't seen anything of any new models yet.

I'm worried the most about female Tauren. If the clone-face of female Worgen and Pandaren are anything to go off of, I'm a bit scared they'll end up being Bambi's girlfriend clones rather than individual Tauren women. Going for the cute furry girl factor instead of like proper Minotaurs. Plus same face syndrome.

Not saying I don't like the female Pandaren, they're very well designed, but they all look the same. I'd be sad to see Tauren meet that fate. Please prove me wrong, Blizz!

So yeah, that's my biggest concern.

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

Whatever they do I just want hair and facial hair to not clip through helms/shoulders/cloaks etc when it clearly isn't appropriate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think any will come out "wrong". Some will come out with a MAJOR change and the QQers will jump on that boat right away.
    Aye mate

Hope for the best, be prepared for the worst >.>

Though its in my guts that they focused very well on this one and it'll be amazing.

My money is on Blizzard screwing up Night Elf female. It always seems like there is a vocal portion of the community that think the current model is too "manly" and want their proportions to be closer to your stereotypical Tolkien elves, despite the fact that they were envisioned as a race of savage amazons. I expect Blizz will take that feedback to heart and just churn out another pretty elf race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    I don't really get it. Why are you convincing yourself already that something "won't go over well"? What do you base that on? Nobody hasn't seen anything of any new models yet.
    Its blizzard, experience has thought us that most of it is bound to be shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Whatever they do I just want hair and facial hair to not clip through helms/shoulders/cloaks etc when it clearly isn't appropriate.
    Honestly, I'm half inclined to lean on the side of clipping - there are some helms that remove your hair / dwarfs beard that really ruin the look of a character because of it.

I'm most worried about forsaken, but that's purely because nearly all of my characters are that - i just hope they manage to preserve the feel of the old forsaken model / hair and face choices, while upgrading the poly count to make them look less blocky - as long as my character looks like a higher quality version of my current customisation choices, I'm fine,

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing's for sure if Garrosh's model is a red herring - not the Orcs. But if I had to think of which one could come out the worst, I'd say Draenei (if they are even doing BC races. If not, then Undead).
    | Happiness is the best revenge |

I believe they gonna do a good work, till now all the new models of the npcs end up being great in my opinion, Thrall (Orc), Ysera (Night Elf), Nozdormu (High Elf), Vol'jin (Troll), all of them, maybe because they are simple, nothing of shinny and brilliant armors with colored light and smoke, but, who knows.

So, when you ask me "Which new model do you think could come out wrong?" my response is "the models of the new armors and weapons" no doubt ¬¬

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyteyes View Post
    If they give Night Elves a newer model so it looks like Sylvanas or Alexstraza/Ysera, I'm totally doing a race change. :P
    Sylvanas used to be a High Elf, not a Night Elf

Forsaken will be problematic. Not sure how they will tackle the ripped armor look they have now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, Humans or elves... night elves are supposed to be lean, lithe and speedy.. but tyrande alex yesera and sylvanas are kinda sporting the knockers. Humans because well, they need to look real, but still cartoony

---------- Post added 2013-06-16 at 02:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Sylvanas used to be a High Elf, not a Night Elf
    Yeah, we know nerd (joke) but sylvanas is using the same body as alex and yesera
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

They're pretty faithful to the current orc animatios with Garrosh's rig so I'm not worried about that, but I am just the tiniest bit worried they might give trolls batty ears like Vol'jin and the Zandalari have. I like the batty ears well enough but I don't want them on my characters, personally. :c

Deleted
    They all could come out wrong.
    They could all come out right.

we can only wait and see, I just hope that they put the human females on a bit of diet when the new models come out.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Yeah, we know nerd (joke) but sylvanas is using the same body as alex and yesera
    Which is a higher res Blood Elf model.