Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Finding it a lot faster and more fun to farm these with a partner; had a frost mage buddy who I worked with to kite the pterowings to death, and I have a prot/ret paladin friend who we can aoe down 3-4 young devilsaurs at a time. The 3 of us combined at one point to farm the adult devilsaurs, too, when we got bored. Just required me to flip from ele to resto.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Haha, well it's a massive grindfest, I killed over thousand 3200k healthed dinosaures that drop 7 to 9 bones, Took me a while to get to 9999 this way, Glad i have it thought!
    Mount itself looks amazing!

---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 02:20 PM ----------

Gaining weight is not funny! >:O
    You should of just waited for Oondasta groups... Then kited the Dinos to the people and made them kill em for you... Thats what i did to get it lolimeanwhat! =D

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeiblu View Post
    At about 3500 bones now, I'm getting the eggs every 500 bones or so. Got another last night....if it's another Red Primal Raptor I may hurt someone. So far I'm 3 for 3 on Red Primal Raptor's....getting a little ridiculous.
    Yeah, 4000 bones and 2 red + 2 black so far. Be nice if you could stick them on ah instead of vendoring but oh well...
    Some mornings it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did some quick math. Assuming a dinosaur with 3mil health drops 8 bones, and you do 100k dps and have zero downtime... Getting 9999 bones would take 10.5 hours (30 seconds per dino kill). Add extra if you do less dps or have downtime :P

Currently at about 5.5k bones, had 3 eggs so far and a 4th one ready to hatch when I get home. Hoping it's the black as I have the other two colours now.

I also farm the packs of Dinomancers in my route round the Isle and have 3 of the 4 pets so far. It seems on my realm at least there is a market for the troll style greens that drop too as they sell relatively well (500g+ a piece) on the AH.

The worst part of all this is that I know once I have the 10 stacks I'll have to farm one more knowing the pet is there to be had too. If I roll it all into one grind then it won't be too bad is my thinking.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have farmed somewhere around 13,5k bones till now with my ele alt. At first I did it, because I wanted to have an egg ready every 3 days, but after 10 eggs I still miss the green one. On some days it took nearly 2k bones until an egg dropped. Now I am doing it occasionaly while waiting for a queue to pop or just because I like repetitive, but still slightly challenging, actions. I kill mainly the big terror horns kiting them along the coast near the flight master. After the patch I have gotten 2 of the new pets and 1 egg while collecting around 800 bones. On average I can get 500 bones an hour. Maybe a bit more if a don't get distracted by something else. Of course I sell the pet I get for 999 bones, too, for a nice little paycheck. :-)

Deleted
    Gratz, im already stuck at 3k, and have to strenght to do it.

500 and I'm already running out of steam. This is going to be a long achievement

gz, im at 6 stacks of bones already; with 1 stack per 1h 30m (protpaladin in retri spec solo pulling 2 primal direhorns simultaneously and 3-4 little direhorns simultaneously) I can finish this achiev fast, but iam lazy

Finally got the last of the 3 lesser mounts today after 598 kills and 13 eggs. Currently at 7 stacks of bones, not long now hopefully. Then there's just the matter of that bloody spectral pet.
    Some mornings it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints.

sadly i keep getting bored after like 50 dinos so i just stop .. maybe i get some some bored time soon again .. to finaly go to 4k ^^

I'm at 2 stacks, I realized I can solo the giant trexes, and they give around 40-50 bones a kill, but that just means less chances of eggs

That's amazing. Grats!

And best of luck to everyone else trying this.

Easiest ones to solo are the skycallers, 15-19 bones per, and take about a minute, 1:30sec to kill.

Gives way more than the little trihorns, and are way easier than the bigger trihorns/t-rexes.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by CausalXXLinkXx View Post
    I'm at 2 stacks, I realized I can solo the giant trexes, and they give around 40-50 bones a kill, but that just means less chances of eggs
    not true those have a 4-5% chance of an egg which is pretty high.

i'm on 6k bones and have found 6 eggs, green red green red green green....why u no black?

edit: 7th egg contained by 3rd red raptor, picked up an 8th egg today time to wait 3 days again...6655 bones.
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2013-06-13 at 02:44 PM.

Finally finished this grind. I think I'm more relieved to have freed up the numerous bag slots taken up by the bones than exited to actually have the mount.

Was able to get a few of the direhorn runt pets along the way, which was nice as well.
    Tishelle (Rogue) - Tisha (Mage) - Tishandra (DK) - Tisharia (Priest) - Tishanna (Warlock) - Tishie (Monk) - Tishette (Boosted Warrior )

well done sweet looking raptor

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats on everyone who worked and grinded super hard for a mount well-deserved!

On topic, what class do you guys solo the dinos with? I'm personally using a 506 brewmaster monk (with windwalker and rune stats mastery => haste = crit) to some success since I haven't tried soloing primal devilsaurs. Sometimes I run into asshats that kite dinos to me in hoping I accidentally aoe them with keg smash which really halts my bone progress ):

now 5 green 3 red 0 black raptors.....rng what a useless concept -.-

Deleted
    Heh, time to go grind this aswell,

175/9999 :/

Just wondering are the 9 million health ones easily soloable as a blood dk in Frost 1H gear? (Mastery mainly 148% mastery in blood atm) Around 500 Ilvl. weak weapon 463