Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Gnomes... Gnomes are the one that could come out horribly disfigured.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

I think the most problematic one will be humans because we're humans and know how one should look like. Even if they take a more comical approach it's hard to hit the right spot. The human from the MoP intro looks very good but I doubt that the new model will be close to that. When Garrosh is an indicator for the new Orcs they won't look like the ones from the various intros and even when looking at the Pandaren they don't look like Chen from the intro. He's looking a little bit more slim and taller compared to the in-game model.

But in my opinion a new character model is only half the rent. Why do Sylvanas, Garrosh, Vol'jin or the Trolls from ToT look so good? Not only because of the new character model but also because they have real 3D armor to a degree. Just look at the female Troll from ToT. Character model is still the same just with better texture and 3D model chest armor and pants.

I really hope that Blizzard will make better armor in the next expansion. Helmets, shoulders and belts are looking good but especially chest armor and pants doesn't look good.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest I think they're all going to look fantastic seeing as how their modelling ability has improved so much. Even the look of monsters/mobs that we don't care about all that much while we're fighting them in MoP have ended up looking awesome and leagues ahead of previous expansions.

My main worries are however:

- Taking away the muscular, strong physique of Night Elf women in favour of sexing them up. They can still look attractive but don't turn them into barbie dolls. There are Blood Elves for that.

- That they don't fix particular issues from old models. Like Human females having giant, over sized weapons that are comically bigger than ones Human males have and couldn't possibly carry.

- That older armour in the game won't look as good on the re-done models.

- That models they don't think they can do much with will only get high rez textures and slightly more polygons rather than a full make over (eg. Forsaken)

- That they'll not support the new models with more variety options. Hair, skin colours/types, faces etc...
    Butts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    I just hope that they put the human females on a bit of diet
    Are you for real? They're not even the slightest bit chubby.

Undead. They can so easily screw up undead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre View Post
    My money is on Blizzard screwing up Night Elf female. It always seems like there is a vocal portion of the community that think the current model is too "manly" and want their proportions to be closer to your stereotypical Tolkien elves, despite the fact that they were envisioned as a race of savage amazons. I expect Blizz will take that feedback to heart and just churn out another pretty elf race.
    Amen to that sir,NO more skinny bit**es like Belf and Draenei I'm sick of it, we have enough of these two, don't screw up those "healthy" women.
    Only reason i play Nelf hunter is because I like her running and shooting even if I suck at playing hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post

- Taking away the muscular, strong physique of Night Elf women in favour of sexing them up. They can still look attractive but don't turn them into barbie dolls. There are Blood Elves for that.
    AMEN.
    Also I'm worried about Undead ...
    Last edited by mmoc63225ff88e; 2013-06-16 at 07:03 AM.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rerolling male troll if they make them look like the zandalari.

Deleted
    Undead male. I think its a both a sensitive model and one that is played by perhaps the biggest douchebags which will whine endlessly. A screw up of the undead model will destroy the forums, imo.

I am worried that new orcs won't have a hunch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    They all could come out wrong.
    They could all come out right.

we can only wait and see, I just hope that they put the human females on a bit of diet when the new models come out.
    So constructive.. and no the human females look just fine.. or should they not look like warriors? I mean they are only short descendants of vykrul

---------- Post added 2013-06-16 at 03:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    To be honest I think they're all going to look fantastic seeing as how their modelling ability has improved so much. Even the look of monsters/mobs that we don't care about all that much while we're fighting them in MoP have ended up looking awesome and leagues ahead of previous expansions.

- That they don't fix particular issues from old models. Like Human females having giant, over sized weapons that are comically bigger than ones Human males have and couldn't possibly carry.

- That older armour in the game won't look as good on the re-done models.

- That models they don't think they can do much with will only get high rez textures and slightly more polygons rather than a full make over (eg. Forsaken)

- That they'll not support the new models with more variety options. Hair, skin colours/types, faces etc...
    These are allll of my fears exactly. Keep this post handy when an official thread shows up. I'm afraid females will get sexed up like the sylvannas and tyrande models. and how the female pandas look, all with one face. I really don't want to look like :3 all the time.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongler View Post
    One thing's for sure if Garrosh's model is a red herring - not the Orcs. But if I had to think of which one could come out the worst, I'd say Draenei (if they are even doing BC races. If not, then Undead).
    The exact model may not be what players are getting, but I bet the skeleton and animations are. Blizzard would not devote the time needed to give it a full range of emotes just for a one-off boss model that will never use them.

These are allll of my fears exactly. Keep this post handy when an official thread shows up. I'm afraid females will get sexed up like the sylvannas and tyrande models. and how the female pandas look, all with one face. I really don't want to look like :3 all the time.
    Yup, that's my main concern. Night elves looking like blood elves, and dwarf females turned into cutesy clone-faces like the pandaren.

10+ Year Old Account
    They cant do any wrong than the current human models, so any improvements is an improvement to me, unless they give humans horse heads or something
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Achren View Post
    I think Sigma's referring to the giant hips that human females have. Seriously, those things are abnormal.
    indeed, currently hips, and rest of the human females are out of proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkarus View Post
    I believe they gonna do a good work, till now all the new models of the npcs end up being great in my opinion, Thrall (Orc), Ysera (Night Elf), Nozdormu (High Elf), Vol'jin (Troll), all of them, maybe because they are simple, nothing of shinny and brilliant armors with colored light and smoke, but, who knows.

So, when you ask me "Which new model do you think could come out wrong?" my response is "the models of the new armors and weapons" no doubt ¬¬
    I agree, all of the new models look great...except for Azshara/Tyrande, due to reasons below :P Good sign imo though regarding the new models we have seen, even if they are going to be using new skeletons/etc and not simply reskins like the npcs have (except for Garrosh).

Quote Originally Posted by Theatre View Post
    My money is on Blizzard screwing up Night Elf female. It always seems like there is a vocal portion of the community that think the current model is too "manly" and want their proportions to be closer to your stereotypical Tolkien elves, despite the fact that they were envisioned as a race of savage amazons. I expect Blizz will take that feedback to heart and just churn out another pretty elf race.
    Ysera would be a good model for night elves, and Alexstraza for blood elves (even though their models are virtually the same and Ysera is using a blood elf reskin along with Alexstraza), because it solves the issue of people complaining about wanting to play a blood elf on Alliance side (although some people legitimately want high elves as a playable race, some people just want to be able to play a blood elf on Alli side, and admit it) by keeping the models nearly virtually identical save perhaps for height and some other race-specific features like tattoos, skin color, etc.

Night elves are athletic looking, which is fine, but something feels off about the Tyrande/Azshara models we saw in Well of Eternity last expansion...Azshara was supposed to be this drop-dead beauty to rival all beauties in Azeroth, but her model didn't really reflect that. I think Night Elves should end up looking like something between the current night elf model and the current blood elf model--slightly more feminine but not quite as small and delicate looking as blood elves, still graceful looking and powerful.

I'm interested in seeing what Blizzard will do w/gnomes and forsaken. I love the male gnome model w/the white beard, but female gnomes never really looked "right" to me and therefore never bothered playing one. Forsaken...I have a feeling that model will end up looking very different from what we see in game currently.

Deleted
    I'm a bit afraid for new fem Draenei models. hope they won't take their sexappeal

The undead are pretty tricky.

They need a lot of customization options to be interesting (the bones should be optional, for starters), they are supposed to be ugly and, at the same time, they must look appealing.

female _________

blizz has a pretty awful track record.

Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    and if they made night elves look like big breasted blood elves that'd be a good time for me to unsub. eff those models.
    I'd be interested in finding out what irl gender these players are regarding female characters looking "too sexy" or whatever because personally, as a female player, I actually like the way Sylvanas/Tyrande/Alexstraza look. Wow is pretty tame in the sex appeal department, and I would prefer to have somewhat attractive looking character options rather than having a choice between playing a female human with hips that are 200% the size of her legs or an overweight pandaren/female dwarf. :P

No, she wouldn't. She doesn't look anything like a night elf.
    That's fine by me. I like the current night elf model, but I also like the Ysera model better in a lot of ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    No, she wouldn't. She doesn't look anything like a night elf.
    Yeah, Ysera is just a recolour of Alexstrasza, who is more of an update or modification of the Succubus.

Gnomes will probably go the most right, as they can base them somewhat off of goblins, which are animated quite well.

Humans could come out wrong. We haven't really seen much NPCs with much of an improvement on the current model. Given that we all are humans, it's really easy to pick off anything wrong with them. Women are also hard to get right too. Ask anybody who has dabbled in art, and they can tell you that.

What I really hope to see is the ability to adjust the dimensions of the models. Weight and height, as well as skinny, muscular, or fat. And even options that can show age or youth. That might be a lot to ask for though, considering the variety of races in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevegasm View Post
    What I really hope to see is the ability to adjust the dimensions of the models. Weight and height, as well as skinny, muscular, or fat. And even options that can show age or youth. That might be a lot to ask for though, considering the variety of races in this game.
    I would like that too, but it's just not going to happen.