Thread: Ionization ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boblet View Post
    You use a cooldown, obviously. Devotion Aura followed up with a Tranquility or Healing Tide Totem. It's really not a big deal unless your raid can't dodge the following lightning orbs.
    Now if only alter time worked for ionization then i could save ice block for the mass lightning orbs, terrible at dodging them...

be a tank and go "what are mechanics"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    be a tank and go "what are mechanics"
    Yeah, until you reach Horridon and lose years of your life due to DDs nuking on random targets, Adds jumping down at points quite ajar, and a shitload of groundeffects. not that it´s hard, but you actually need to wake up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    most classes can dispel themselves / avoid being debuffed ... how its hard ? random lightning balls on transitions are harder than this lol

Deleted
    Ionization an hard mechanic?

Lol! > Detterence > carry on as before.

Yeah it be unforgiving i tell you that.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're talking pure unforgivingness I'd rate mechanics such as Tortos' breath higher than Ionisation.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Now if only alter time worked for ionization then i could save ice block for the mass lightning orbs, terrible at dodging them...
    Greater invis when the debuff is about to wear off? voila, -90% damage taken and then you have an iceblock available.

@the OP. err, lol!

Deleted
    It's very amusing trying to carry an undergeared alt/friend through that encounter. Flawless victory for ionization.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Is the 2nd hardest and unforgiving boss mechanic in this game; first being the extra action button on Ultraxion. These are facts.
    Posts like these that provide so much information, proof, etc while stating them as facts are so insightful. >_>

Ontopic, if it's a fact where's the proof? Secondly Ionization is pretty easy, it's only hard if you have people who like tunnel or can't think half the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    It's very amusing trying to carry an undergeared alt/friend through that encounter. Flawless victory for ionization.
    Have him just pull and die?

On Topic: It's one of those mechanics that just get ignored after a few weeks of heroics.

For our first kills we actually set up dispels and people had to use cooldowns since they didn't have 450k hp buffed.
    Now everyone is at like 540k+ and there's plenty of room so everyone's just letting it expire.
    Last edited by mmoca821fe2863; 2013-06-16 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Is the 2nd hardest and unforgiving boss mechanic in this game; first being the extra action button on Ultraxion. These are facts.
    Have you ever fought a hard boss?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it is very unforgiving. You get it wrong, you die, which is the whole point. Getting it right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Need more mechanics like Ionization which make all players use their defensive cooldowns in a planned manner and not just as oh-shit buttons. =)
    Last edited by Nakkí; 2013-06-17 at 12:22 AM.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Gem for full stamina
    reading this in Garak's voice just made me weak for some reason...

OT though, It can be a minorly annoying mechanic at first glance, but a lot of classes have ways to self dispel, or avoid it which make it a lot more manageable:

DKs: Anti-magic Shell *before* the debuff goes out
    Druids: (Boomkin) can symbiosis a rogue, and Cloak of Shadows before it goes out (or after as a self dispel, if "latency" is an issue) (works for every second one iirc)
    Hunters: Deterrence before it goes out
    Mages: IB before it goes out
    Monks: Self dispel with Diffuse Magic
    Pallys: Bubble before it goes out
    priests: while they can't avoid it or self dispel, it's worth noting that they can disperse for every one, and thereby takes next to no damage
    rogues: Cloak before it goes out
    Shaman: (enhance/ele) can self dispel with glyphed Shamanistic Rage

That's off the top of my head, in our raid (given, only a 10m, so no real exp. in 25) we only ever need to dispel 3 or 4 people, depending on CD timers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ccKep View Post
    Have him just pull and die?
    I was more thinking about the: "Dispell me!" - Instakill because it hit for more than his max hp. I'm sure we could have done something about it, it was just very amusing to see. We had him use stamina flask afterwards xD

Cloaking .4 seconds after you get the debuff.

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

My guild only had about 5 total wipes to Ionization, the hard part was Lightning Storm

Morchok's slug of death is harder then ionization...

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    All at once? Wouldn't that be like major heals inc and possibly wipe anyway if not topped up..
    We just charged a spirit shell about 10 seconds before it went off, most people were 60%+ letting it tick off everyone at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Jin'rokh took us more pulls than any other heroic boss atm. We are 6/13H, 25man. 73 wipes to first kill. Horridon was around 70, Tortos 30-ish, Megaera about 50, Ji-kun 60-ish and Iron Qon took 22 pulls only.
    Ionization was the reason for 90% of wipes.