Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    We're still working on it all and we've noticed for the first transition what worked best for us is actually 1 - 2 - 2 - 5

The second transition we have yet to really work on sadly so cannot really comment although we we're thinking 2 - 2 - 6, but i gues 3 - 3 - 4 might be more viable but we'll see.

I wouldn't mind confirmation though that silences work on the balls, I've been told we cannot interupt the cast (didn't check myself) but I don't think aynone tried silencing, i surely haven't seen a ring of peace anywhere during our attempts atleast. (At the moment we're three healing it, but we might try two next raids)

Quote Originally Posted by Odeanathus View Post
    We're still working on it all and we've noticed for the first transition what worked best for us is actually 1 - 2 - 2 - 5

The second transition we have yet to really work on sadly so cannot really comment although we we're thinking 2 - 2 - 6, but i gues 3 - 3 - 4 might be more viable but we'll see.

I wouldn't mind confirmation though that silences work on the balls, I've been told we cannot interupt the cast (didn't check myself) but I don't think aynone tried silencing, i surely haven't seen a ring of peace anywhere during our attempts atleast. (At the moment we're three healing it, but we might try two next raids)
    I would suggest going with 2 healers, it makes the first transition abit harder if you dont have alot of hybrids but it just makes it overall alot quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Odeanathus View Post

Definitely run with 2 if you can (we use Disc/MW for a bit of extra damage throughput, but the tradeoff of the disc is inability so immune/solo soak). The transitions might be a little dicey depending on comp, but the final phase will go much faster as long as people don't do something foolish.

We run 1/3/3/3, followed by 2/3/5. Obviously YMMV based on comp and all, but what I'm saying is that you can and should tailor to your groups strengths (and weaknesses), as there is no true cookie cutter way to do the fight/transitions.

I use HolyWrath stun to keep the balls in check, but I don't think that silence works any longer (at least, RoP doesn't). I've tossed a shield at them a few times, but usually it just finishes off the add, so I can't confirm on the silence portion there AFAIK the cast is non-interruptible (outside of stun), as the cast-bar shows purple/protected to my UI, which also indicates silence immune (based on SUF coding, anyway). TL;DR - Just stun them to be safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

We went 2/2/3/3 with a tank plus immunity melee as the second. In the three groups we have 2 people who can immunity and one who can't. We simply use minor personal cooldowns or spirit shell/shields to survive a static shock that needs soaked.

It's all about finding what works for your group and sticking to it. For what it's worth the first intermission is the harder of the two. Once you've seen it a few times you shouldn't ever wipe in the second transition.
    Aerzara, Discipline Priest
    <Modest> 14/14H - US 2nd 10m Guild

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did 2/2/3/3 (melee, tank) in both of the twos. This forced diffusion to the other platforms.

Did 2/3/5 for the second transition with the same general theme. Tank/melee, tank/melee/melee and both healers/all range in the last quadrant. The only way you can wipe on the second transition is if your platform with a lot of people spawns a massive amount of diffusion adds by massively derping. Roots and void tendrils can buy you time if this happens though.

If you can try and save your immunities in the second intermission for the last phase. This is the whole reasoning we put all of the range and healers in a large five person quadrant in the second intermission. Static shock usually happens during winds and because of it pushing you around it can difficult/dangerous for the person with static (if it's a range/healer) to try and stack with other range moving away from the melee clump. So just try and save them for the third phase. If melee get them fine because you will have two tanks and 1-3 melee DPS to soak. If it's a range hope they have an immunity and/or gauge whether or not you think it's worth it to try and stack on them while winds are out.

Third phase is fairly easy IMO as long as you don't chain a million diffusion adds. We had five overall attempts where we got to P3, three of which were with somebody dead from the start. The second time we got to P3 with everyone alive we killed it shortly after the third thunderstruck. Just make sure you have all of your DPS CDs up for P3, it helps a lot.

Not much to add in P3. Range/healers (except MW) move away during winds and bait thunderstruck outside. Use gateway or gap closers/speed boosts to move far away. Raid CDs right when thunderstrucks go out and watch the timers for diffusion/ball lightning. The first two thunderstrucks will enable you to safely have 7 people total be stacked in melee (to force 3 ball lightnings) before diffusion goes out. The third thunderstruck and beyond has the diffusion line up immediately after the third thunderstruck, which makes it very dangerous timing wise to try and get 3 ball lightnings. Doing it for the first two spawns is recommended as the only thing that can realistically wipe you is ball lightnings not being killed fast enough, multiple diffusion going out, or an awfully placed thunderstruck.

Transitioning safely into intermissions and the first intermission were the biggest hurdle for our guild. Total this boss took us right around 50-60 wipes, so not too bad. It largely depends on your composition (melee are amazing on this fight). Mass grip and long AoE stuns are nice, as are having classes that don't need much help for helm of command or static shock.
    Last edited by Tojara; 2013-06-13 at 07:02 PM.

Hi guys,

I've been following the thread and I was hoping to get some advice on our raid.

We have:

Prot Pally
    Prot Warrior

Disc Priest
    Holy Pally

Hunter
    Ele Shaman
    DPS DK
    Windwalker Monk
    Warlock
    Shadow Priest
    Boomkin
    DPS Warrior

Who would be the best to bring on this fight, and what would optimal platforms be?

Deleted
    Hi we had our first day at this Encounter and we struggle at the second Transition.
    1st Transition we run
    pala tank
    druid tank+rouge
    heal pala+moonkin+hunter
    diszi+ele+mage+dk or warlock
    How should we handel the 2nd Transition?
    We tryed 1/3/6 with pala tank alone and druid tank+rouge+heal pala
    Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandoga View Post
    Hi we had our first day at this Encounter and we struggle at the second Transition.
    1st Transition we run
    pala tank
    druid tank+rouge
    heal pala+moonkin+hunter
    diszi+ele+mage+dk or warlock
    How should we handel the 2nd Transition?
    We tryed 1/3/6 with pala tank alone and druid tank+rouge+heal pala
    Thanks for your help.
    Need someone with the Pala tank or you'll get wrecked by the overcharge rings (unless you're not levelling that up somehow). First trans is fine how it is. For second I'd use the rogue, put the DK with the Durid tank so that all the Diffusion adds will get shot at the 6 platform. If DK gets static, AMZ it or get the Disc to grip him over.

Deleted
    We Level up static/diffu if this influences the positioning.

Gonna try Lei Shen this reset, i'm not really sure about what to overcharge for our setup, currently we are running:

Tanks: Guardin / Prot Warrior
    Healers: Disc Priest / Holy Paladin / Mistweaver Monk
    DPS: Hunter / Rogue / Enhancement Shaman / Elemental Shaman / 2x Warlocks / Boomkin / Mage / Dk

I think we are going with Static and Bouncing, also, best healing comp? Disc/Holy or Disc/Mw?
    #yolo #swag

Quote Originally Posted by xagonyx View Post
    Gonna try Lei Shen this reset, i'm not really sure about what to overcharge for our setup, currently we are running:

Tanks: Guardin / Prot Warrior
    Healers: Disc Priest / Holy Paladin / Mistweaver Monk
    DPS: Hunter / Rogue / Enhancement Shaman / Elemental Shaman / 2x Warlocks / Boomkin / Mage / Dk

I think we are going with Static and Bouncing, also, best healing comp? Disc/Holy or Disc/Mw?

H Pal/MW for heals. Discs aren't bad but no immunity.
    For DPS I'd go, Hunter/Rogue/Mage/Boom/Lock x 2

Immunity city.

Can anyone explain how grounding totem works with diffusion chain? We tried it a bunch on our first night of attempts and it was absorbing the diffusion chain, but still seemed to be causing a chain on the initial guy (and it looked like it went from the totem all the way back to whoever it was originally on, regardless of how far the totem was).

Didn't seem very reliable to us since all it did was prevent the initial damage, but it looked like it could cause far more chains.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Disc/MW is the best healing composition. MW can't be targets of diffusion chain nor can they be viable targets of thunderstruck or ball lightning (just make sure they are in melee range). This makes positioning way easier. It's a fight where when you can you want to have seven targets in melee range as much as possible, and obviously out if thunderstruck is coming and one of those targets is eligible.

I would NOT do bouncing bolts on 10 man at all. It makes the second transition a lot more difficult and would likely cause countless wipes. I don't even know what the timing looks like in the last phase because we never contemplated bouncing bolts, but there is a reason the majority of 10 mans go diffusion and static. They line up incredibly well in the last phase and are the easiest to plan for.

Bouncing bolts being fully charged means you're dealing with more than 3 bolts in the transition and final phase. This can be hectic and makes the second transition a lot more hectic. Having people run out to intercept bolts while static shock is happening and people have to range thunderstruck (cause a close thunderstruck will equate to death) just seems incredibly messy to me. The timing of diffusion is just really neat and if you do it right it's a trivial amount of damage with just one add spawning.
    Last edited by Tojara; 2013-06-18 at 09:16 AM.

Grounding means the add can be taunted and won't fixate on a player, so you can reliably get it to melee, stunned and killed, or even better, picked up by a tank in the transition and dragged to a better quadrant. If it chains then players were too cloes to each other, it will not chain from grounding totem.
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Quotey View Post
    Grounding means the add can be taunted and won't fixate on a player, so you can reliably get it to melee, stunned and killed, or even better, picked up by a tank in the transition and dragged to a better quadrant. If it chains then players were too cloes to each other, it will not chain from grounding totem.
    We tried it a bunch tonight like I said and the chain still happened. The lightning would hit the grounding as expected - but the chain would travel seemingly back towards the person who it original absorbed for, and also far bigger than it's normal range and chain the rest of us (we were grouped up under the assumption that grounding would just soak it and that's that, but it would always chain back to our group). We made sure that grounding was a good distance away from us too and the logs always showed the grounding taking the first hit.

Were we doing it wrong? We tried it several times tonight and just decided not to do it anymore as it was causing multiple diffusions since we were stacked, and just spread out like normal instead.

EDIT: http://www.twitch.tv/gamaxcutie/b/418471550

about 13:16 in, you can see the grounding totem is a good distance away from us (10 yards or so) and it causes the chain to happen to us anyway when we are clumped.

Also 41:39ish was the last time we tried it. We had grounding decently further from us, and it still caused the chain.

If anyone can look at those time stamp in the stream and tell us what we did wrong, I would really appreciate it.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 01:26 AM ----------

Also question about transition 2 for those that have killed it.

Right now, my group is trying to do 2/2/6 for the second transition. We have -

Blood DK
    MW Monk

Prot Pally
    Rogue

Ele Shaman
    Disc Priest
    Shadow Priest
    Moonkin
    Hunter
    Warlock

Anyone able to see if that works? Is the MW monk eligible for baiting overcharge into his quadrant or do I need to swap him with someone? Can someone suggest something better that might work for that comp? We didn't get to transition 2 a lot but I'm just curious if there's a better way to do it when we do get to it consistently. Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Angelicat; 2013-06-18 at 11:36 AM.

Deleted
    Hello MMO's community, as many others in this thread, we just killed DA10m, so we gonna start progressing Lei Shen HC since next reset.

Our comp for this fight would be:
    T: Blood DK, Prot War
    H: H-Pala, Disc
    D: Mage, Lock, Boomkin, Hunter, S-Priest, Rogue

We are thinking about to start on Static Shock and Bouncing Bolt later, whats Your tips are for:
    1. pillars, is this order ok for us?
    2. positioning for 1st intermission (short explanation why would be great)
    3. positioning for 2nd transition (short explanation why would be great)
    4. any class tips for talents/glyphs (immunities are obvious for everyone for solo-soaking)
    5. tank dmg, is it high? it is 10m so could we (tanks) go more offensive for extra dmg?
    6. heal tips for managing cds and using dps defensive cds

logs from this week (farm + durumu and da progress) if this would help:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qfimnyt3bc00pbd7/
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-h1u7wnb1abo4ktcp/
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2wl26lisu19iu4mt/

Thanks in advance, any tips would be greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Angelicat View Post
    We tried it a bunch tonight like I said and the chain still happened. The lightning would hit the grounding as expected - but the chain would travel seemingly back towards the person who it original absorbed for, and also far bigger than it's normal range and chain the rest of us (we were grouped up under the assumption that grounding would just soak it and that's that, but it would always chain back to our group). We made sure that grounding was a good distance away from us too and the logs always showed the grounding taking the first hit.

Were we doing it wrong? We tried it several times tonight and just decided not to do it anymore as it was causing multiple diffusions since we were stacked, and just spread out like normal instead.

EDIT: http://www.twitch.tv/gamaxcutie/b/418471550

about 13:16 in, you can see the grounding totem is a good distance away from us (10 yards or so) and it causes the chain to happen to us anyway when we are clumped.

Also 41:39ish was the last time we tried it. We had grounding decently further from us, and it still caused the chain.

If anyone can look at those time stamp in the stream and tell us what we did wrong, I would really appreciate it.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 01:26 AM ----------

Also question about transition 2 for those that have killed it.

Right now, my group is trying to do 2/2/6 for the second transition. We have -

Blood DK
    MW Monk

Prot Pally
    Rogue

Ele Shaman
    Disc Priest
    Shadow Priest
    Moonkin
    Hunter
    Warlock

Anyone able to see if that works? Is the MW monk eligible for baiting overcharge into his quadrant or do I need to swap him with someone? Can someone suggest something better that might work for that comp? We didn't get to transition 2 a lot but I'm just curious if there's a better way to do it when we do get to it consistently. Thanks guys.
    You second intermission setup is perfect. It's exactly how we do it. Tank/mistweaver and tank/rogue. Everyone else together.
    Aerzara, Discipline Priest
    <Modest> 14/14H - US 2nd 10m Guild

You still have to stay spread even with grounding. The way it works is: Diffusion chain cast, hits a player. The grounding redirects this initial hit, and it will then bounce from the grounding to anybody next to the initial target, which is what you experienced. If you're all spread out, the initial damage is gone, and one non fixated add will spawn.
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

Deleted
    Regarding the Boss' position in the last phase: Is it better to have him on one platform and all ranged far away on the other one (move in for TS) or tank him in the middle and split ranged in 2 groups (whoever gets TS moves in) ?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We put him in one quadrant and have the ranged move to the opposite during violent winds to bait thunderstruck. Then you take ports and speed boosts back to the boss when it's cast.

You can't have range stand max range the entire time because it makes ball lightnings way more annoying to deal with. The goal of the last phase should be killing ball lightnings as quickly as possible and having thunderstruck be as far away as possible.