Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

The Final Titan? (5.2 - 5.4 spoiler)

Spoiler for those who haven't got past the titan runestones or haven't heard the Wrathion PTR files.
    Upon bringing Wrathion the Thunder King's Heart, he eats it, at which point he gets posessed and speaks in mogu voice:

WE HAVE FALLEN. WE MUST REBUILD THE FINAL TITAN. DO NOT FORGET.

Than, during the Escalation storyline, we're introduced to Dark Heart of Pandaria scenario, where meet titanic watcher Norushen, who was responsible for guarding the container holding the heart of Y'Shaarj.

And now, with datamined files for Siege of Orgrimmar, we now see that he's a boss as well, but more in a style of Valithria Dreamwalker.

We do not fight him, but instead he blocks out the exits into a quarintine zone (much like in scenario) and than forces out the Sha corruption out of the players, creating the boss.

Than further, while facing the Sha of Pride, he helps players, by protecting them from corruption and empowering them with titanic power (probably much like Engine of Nalak'sha from Elgalon).

Putting all the pieces together, Norushen was created for sole purpose and empowered with ability of expel the sha corruption, he was set to guard the Heart of Old god, but Mogu, due to curse of flesh forgot about it.

If Norushen survives the events of Vale and is taken to Orgrimmar, it's likely he mite be able to expel Garrosh's corruption... that is assuming that Y'Shaarj's direct corruption can be dispelled, considering that he was unable to purge the poor gobline in the scenario nad we had to kill him instead.

This also puts into perspective as to why the mantid, kept attacking the lands beyond the Wall. Some of them (as proven by Klaxxi paragons) have been locked away in embers for countless eons and are probably aware of their former master's final resting place, which would also explain their presence in SoO.
    Last edited by mmoc6e272995a4; 2013-06-17 at 12:16 AM.

I'm not seeing any connection between Wrathion's quote and Norushen(who is a Titan Watcher, not a Titan). The Mogu might just as well not have known about him in the first place, since it wouldn't have helped them with their mission.

That aside, why would anybody bother taking him along to "cleanse" Garrosh? Neither side has any interest in keeping him alive anyway.

Deleted
    I love the idea but Blizzard would never use something so sensible.

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 12:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I'm not seeing any connection between Wrathion's quote and Norushen(who is a Titan Watcher, not a Titan).

That aside, why would anybody bother taking him along to "cleanse" Garrosh? Neither side has any interest in keeping him alive anyway.
    I assume to weaken him?

10+ Year Old Account
    he looks a bit like a lion
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    he looks a bit like a lion
    Or a mogu! /gasp
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I'm not seeing any connection between Wrathion's quote and Norushen(who is a Titan Watcher, not a Titan).
    Ra-den was a watcher as well, but he still counts as a titan to them. Or a god, as it were.

I read this expecting more about the Titans then about this guy >.> might need a title change as it's really misleading
    Though I would say it would be a real stretch to take this guy to cleanse Garrosh, especially since everything in the DJ suggests nothing even close to that happening

interesting....now tell me i'm nostaligic about TBC and that crap of a MoP lore, Noruwhatever , the guy we re going to remember is name for the next 4 years

fucking epic

The term "titan" is thrown around a lot in WoW. I'm beginning to think that it's more of an umbrella term, so that anything associated with the titans - be it watchers, keepers, or even the eponymous titans themselves - can all be accurately labeled as titans.

Titans, man.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3-1866 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB (2-Way SLI) | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
    Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler; 200mm Fans x3; | Case: HAF 922 | PSU: Corsair Pro 750W

80+ FPS in Raids on Ultra. Stay mad.
    This setup no longer hits 80+ FPS in raids on Ultra. Stay sad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    interesting....now tell me i'm nostaligic about TBC and that crap of a MoP lore, Noruwhatever , the guy we re going to remember is name for the next 4 years

fucking epic
    What are you attempting to convey? Your post makes little sense.

10+ Year Old Account

fucking epic
    You lost me at "Noruwhatever".

I cannot see why Titans are viewed as the "misunderstood dictators" while the Old Gods are viewed as "evil" without a question. They are supposed to represent two extremes that should both be viewed us either acceptable or means to be opposed. The players allying with the titans versus the Old Gods will be too shallow and hypocritical imo.

This is going to be a lengthy post with some references to tin foil hat articles on wow insider and such but bear with me. I may go back and edit the structure of this post as well to make this easier on the eyes. Also feel free to correct any mistakes in my recollection of the lore, may be wrong with a detail or two but I'll give it my best.

So in the 5.3 ending quest for the legendary, Wrathion consumes the heart of Lei Shen that has a massive concentration of Titan power, stolen from Ra-den (The titan watcher who was charged with protecting the Engine of Nalak'sha.) During his titan power induced vision, he sees thousands of stars out in the cosmos and mentions that Azeroth is unique. As the OP mentioned, Wrathion states "WE HAVE FALLEN. WE MUST REBUILD THE FINAL TITAN. DO NOT FORGET." This is likely a message intended for all Titan constructs, and it's interesting to say the least, with the mention of having fallen (at this point nearly every titan construct we've run into has succumbed/failed their job) I want to focus on the "rebuilding" of this final Titan.

Creation of Azeroth:
    Azeroth was originally ruled by the old gods and the elementals, but at some point Azeroth attracted the attention of the Titans, a race of all powerful beings that wielding the powers of creation and order. Why? Why would Azeroth attract the attention of the Titans? Although they are all powerful, why would the Titans risk war with the Old Gods/Elementals over a single planet? I believe it's because Azeroth meets the rare requirements for the creation of a Titan. The Old Gods were defeated and imprisoned beneath the ground and the Titans set about creating life on the planet, creating watchers/titan cities/aspects and bestowing the seed of creation on the planet to create the new Titan deep within the planet. Why would the Titans imprison the Old Gods instead of killing them? It always falls back to the corruption being so deep that Azeroth would be destroyed along with them, but why would you be concerned about a random planet (The Titans create life on thousands of planets mind you) when you had the chance of destroying pure evil/chaos? Because again, the planet met the rare requirements to be suitable to create a Titan.

In Wrathions statement as well it mentions rebuilding this Titan, but why would we have to rebuild this Titan? Wouldn't the Titans set everything up in order for this Titan baby to naturally be created/grow and eventually depart the planet to join its brethren? Perhaps it was, until the misuse of the Well of Eternity's powers by the Night Elves which attracted the Burning Legion. Now the reckless misuse of the Wells power apparently sent out ripples into the Cosmos, eventually garnering the attention of Sargeras himself but why? Why would Sargeras care about this planets power use in particular? The Burning Legion is pure destruction, a wave that consumes all planets in its path so why would he suddenly move towards Azeroth? The Well of Eternity was a massive body of mysterious liquid which allowed the night elves to use magic. It's even said that the Night Elves evolved from Trolls who had resided on the shores of the well and mutated over time. But what if the Well was meant as a power source for something else? What If the well was the power source for the creation of this new Titan? With the Wells Destruction, the leaking of the Old Gods to the surface and the Cataclysm, it's no wonder this Titan has to be rebuilt, he's severely damaged. Now this job would fall upon the Titanic watchers/constructs, but they've succumbed to the curse of flesh and/or forgotten their initial assignments. So what do we have? We have a damaged, possibly corrupted inactive Titan inside Azeroth, waiting to be completed.

Now Sargeras has been interested in Azeroth from the moment he sensed the Wells ripples in the cosmos, even after being defeated multiple times and at this point having no physical body he continues to push onward, rumored to be returning with the Legion in the next expansion, why? Because if Sargeras is able to get his hands on Azeroth, this Titan Engine with its Titan Infant could be influenced/corrupted by Sargeras himself, or even worse Sargeras could once again have a body, destroying what soul this Titan could have possibly had and replacing it with his own.

This is a rough theory, and it could use some polishing but this was the best I could do on short notice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Norushen is a keeper, like Ra'den, Hodir, Freya, and the rest of the Ulduar keepers.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sre View Post
    This is going to be a lengthy post with some references to tin foil hat articles on wow insider and such but bear with me. I may go back and edit the structure of this post as well to make this easier on the eyes. Also feel free to correct any mistakes in my recollection of the lore, may be wrong with a detail or two but I'll give it my best.

So in the 5.3 ending quest for the legendary, Wrathion consumes the heart of Lei Shen that has a massive concentration of Titan power, stolen from Ra-den (The titan watcher who was charged with protecting the Engine of Nalak'sha.) During his titan power induced vision, he sees thousands of stars out in the cosmos and mentions that Azeroth is unique. As the OP mentioned, Wrathion states "WE HAVE FALLEN. WE MUST REBUILD THE FINAL TITAN. DO NOT FORGET." This is likely a message intended for all Titan constructs, and it's interesting to say the least, with the mention of having fallen (at this point nearly every titan construct we've run into has succumbed/failed their job) I want to focus on the "rebuilding" of this final Titan.

Creation of Azeroth:
    Azeroth was originally ruled by the old gods and the elementals, but at some point Azeroth attracted the attention of the Titans, a race of all powerful beings that wielding the powers of creation and order. Why? Why would Azeroth attract the attention of the Titans? Although they are all powerful, why would the Titans risk war with the Old Gods/Elementals over a single planet? I believe it's because Azeroth meets the rare requirements for the creation of a Titan. The Old Gods were defeated and imprisoned beneath the ground and the Titans set about creating life on the planet, creating watchers/titan cities/aspects and bestowing the seed of creation on the planet to create the new Titan deep within the planet. Why would the Titans imprison the Old Gods instead of killing them? It always falls back to the corruption being so deep that Azeroth would be destroyed along with them, but why would you be concerned about a random planet (The Titans create life on thousands of planets mind you) when you had the chance of destroying pure evil/chaos? Because again, the planet met the rare requirements to be suitable to create a Titan.

In Wrathions statement as well it mentions rebuilding this Titan, but why would we have to rebuild this Titan? Wouldn't the Titans set everything up in order for this Titan baby to naturally be created/grow and eventually depart the planet to join its brethren? Perhaps it was, until the misuse of the Well of Eternity's powers by the Night Elves which attracted the Burning Legion. Now the reckless misuse of the Wells power apparently sent out ripples into the Cosmos, eventually garnering the attention of Sargeras himself but why? Why would Sargeras care about this planets power use in particular? The Burning Legion is pure destruction, a wave that consumes all planets in its path so why would he suddenly move towards Azeroth? The Well of Eternity was a massive body of mysterious liquid which allowed the night elves to use magic. It's even said that the Night Elves evolved from Trolls who had resided on the shores of the well and mutated over time. But what if the Well was meant as a power source for something else? What If the well was the power source for the creation of this new Titan? With the Wells Destruction, the leaking of the Old Gods to the surface and the Cataclysm, it's no wonder this Titan has to be rebuilt, he's severely damaged. Now this job would fall upon the Titanic watchers/constructs, but they've succumbed to the curse of flesh and/or forgotten their initial assignments. So what do we have? We have a damaged, possibly corrupted inactive Titan inside Azeroth, waiting to be completed.

Now Sargeras has been interested in Azeroth from the moment he sensed the Wells ripples in the cosmos, even after being defeated multiple times and at this point having no physical body he continues to push onward, rumored to be returning with the Legion in the next expansion, why? Because if Sargeras is able to get his hands on Azeroth, this Titan Engine with its Titan Infant could be influenced/corrupted by Sargeras himself, or even worse Sargeras could once again have a body, destroying what soul this Titan could have possibly had and replacing it with his own.

This is a rough theory, and it could use some polishing but this was the best I could do on short notice.
    Wooooooah, dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarl Balgruuf View Post
    Norushen is a keeper, like Ra'den, Hodir, Freya, and the rest of the Ulduar keepers.
    it's not confirmed, but ra-den may be a titan, not a keeper. he's indirectly called a "titan" (his powers = "the powers of a titan") and directly called a "god" quite a few times.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account

fucking epic
    Anyone care to explain what he just said?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

I'm interested in figuring out why Ra-den looks like your typical "Norse-ish" Titan watcher, while Norushen looks like a Titanic Mogu.

So far we've seen three 'breeds' of Titan watchers: The watchers of Ulduar who guard Yogg-Saron, which seem related to the watchers of Uldaman as well, are 'Norse/Dwarf' looking. The watchers in the Halls of Origination in Uldum are Egyptian-style. And now Norushen, which is Mogu-shaped.

What do the Titans -themselves- actually look like?

I still hold on to my pet theory that the Mogu (being Titan devices for battle) are somehow related to Sargeras pre-fall-into-darkness.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Highly unlikely he can expunge an actual Old God. As it looks like Garrosh does the fusion dance with that Heart.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sre View Post

Creation of Azeroth:

Bookmarked for pure zomg.
    His name is Robert Paulsen.