Basically due to spellpower difference you are best taking the first thunderforged caster weapon you can get and building around that. As has been mentioned the staves are "easier" in that they only require one lucky roll (winning the loot is another matter lol). Also you can't get an OH without crit which is not showing consistently as our weakest stat over all 3x specs. So in terms of collection of stats the staves are better this tier. Though not so much better you aren't better off using a thunderforged weapon and just reforging the crit vs a perfectly itemized conventional version.

Shadowburn

Can anyone provide a mouse over shadowburn macro? I feel like it would be really helpful/useful/plain fun on horridon and other fights with adds to be able to see one go low health and click/cast shadowburn, since they usually die before I can find them otherwise.

Also, I generally set the target I want to havoc as my focus and use the 'cast at focus' hotkey for that... If there's a better, not-too-complicated alternative, I would love to see that as well!

Also, I don't think I missed any of these, but apologize if I did.

can anyone give me some tips how to do good things in lei shen hc 10? <3

Spam FnB AoE on Ball Lightnings, cleave off of them with Havoc + Shadowburn. Not much else to say, really, Lei Shen is all about raid coordination; it used to be heavy on the numbers, but not with all the gear everyone has now.

yea but what stats and grimoires are the best for this encounter?
    Last edited by akukaracha; 2013-06-17 at 02:20 PM.

Deleted
    I'd go mastery all the way for the aoe moments. By doing this, gosac and gosup will be quite close together but i'd personally go with sup, as pet's don't get affected by the winds in the last phase.

GoSup with Shivarra, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by rables View Post
    I'd go mastery all the way for the aoe moments. By doing this, gosac and gosup will be quite close together but i'd personally go with sup, as pet's don't get affected by the winds in the last phase.
    GoSac has no effect on AoE damage.

GoSup w/ Shivvara and MF is probably your best bet with lots of Mastery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    GoSac has no effect on AoE damage.

GoSup w/ Shivvara and MF is probably your best bet with lots of Mastery.
    I think you misunderstood, i meant that they're probably close together if you go full mastery. That is just a rough guess though.

Wondering if I could get any help with my DPS here. I did my first normal raid with my lock (also my first caster) and I feel like I'm really underperforming.

Pulled 56k on Protectors of the Endless, which just seemed incredibly low to me. Any feedback on what I'm doing wrong?

Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...e/?s=284&e=681
    Char: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...stian/advanced

Deleted
    Try keeping rain of fire up close to 100% of the time, it's a very great ember generator on a fight like protectors. Using havoc to cast immolate and 2 incinerates help a bit with ember generation too. Since you have relic, which has a predictable icd, get an addon that tracks the icd and get as many embers ready as you can when it's about to proc.

Gearwise, try getting those missing enchants and getting hit capped.

Can you recommend an addon to track ICD? I'm running ElvUI so I can see the procs but not sure if it can track ICD

On the obvious side it looks like you're missing quite a few gems and enchants.

Weak auras is a good add on to track ICDs and procs. There is also a very good thread here to provide sample auras that you can import.

Deleted
    Just took a quick look at your log, a couple remarks :
    - You should use Havoc to generate embers on this fight (yes, the extra damage is useless, but the embers aren't)
    - Only 3 Dark Souls in 6:36 ?

PS: Parks and Recreation !

Edit: wow looks like this wasn't such a quick look

Quote Originally Posted by rables View Post
    I think you misunderstood, i meant that they're probably close together if you go full mastery. That is just a rough guess though.
    GoSac is massively behind on single target, even when mastery stacking. It's just slightly behind when mastery stacked and with 2 targets up for 100% of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow ....just wow....idk what to say

Got a few updates for you guys. Standard disclaimer applies that this is all still in early testing and subject to change.

Fel Flame has gotten a slight rework. It now has a 1.5 second cast time, but can always be cast while moving. Also, it no longer extends the duration of damage over time effects (and, as such, no longer causes them to lose their "snapshotted" stats) and has gotten a small damage buff. The intent here is that you should be able to use this to keep up some damage when you need to move, but you'll want to stick to your standard rotation otherwise.

Looking specifically at Affliction, we're lowering the bonus damage that Malefic Grasp provides and moving that damage over into Haunt and the DoT effects themselves to compensate. We still want Malefic Grasp to be your primary filler for single target DPS, but this will make it a bit less punishing when you can't afford to channel it (especially in PvP). Haunt will once again be interrupted by movement, in favor of the Fel Flame change.

There's been a couple adjustments to the level 90 talents as well. Both Kil'Jaeden's Cunning and Mannoroth's Fury have had their cooldowns and durations lowered to 60 and 10 seconds, respectively. Mannoroth's Fury now only applies to the core AoE damage spells (Seed of Corruption, Hellfire, Immolation Aura, and Rain of Fire), but increases their damage by 100% while active in addition to the range increase. Note that Rain of Fire is being changed to no longer generate enough Burning Embers to be worth using in a single target rotation (so, Destruction shouldn't feel forced into Mannoroth's Fury).

These should hopefully be hitting the PTR in the next build. Once again, please remember that we're very early in the 5.4 development process. Any or all of this may still change before the patch goes live.
    Last edited by HeaddsDead; 2013-06-18 at 01:34 AM.

This fel flame change sucks for destruction both in pve and -especially- in pvp. I cannot understand why they don't make fillers cast able while moving.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trident00 View Post
    Can you recommend an addon to track ICD? I'm running ElvUI so I can see the procs but not sure if it can track ICD
    I run extracd for tracking ICDs / procs, sometimes I've needed to add them manually, but that's not hard - when set up you get a nice line of all of your procs with (I)CDs listed, making it quite easy to see when you've got multiple procs up, how long they'll be lined up for and if another is coming off CD soon.

Deleted
    Well here's the official confirmation that Rain of Fire will no longer play a part in our single target rotation.

Whilst it might not have been practical, it did give the spec a bit more diversity than spamming incinerate. I wonder if they'll buff ember generation somewhere else to compensate.

Deleted

DS vs trinket proccs

Hey I’m trying to maximise my dps output, and the guide says to save embers for dark soul, DS gives me 30% of my crit rating which for me would be about 1400 as i reforge out of crit,
    1400 crit rating compared to a trinket procc of about 7k int… isn’t 7k int worth a lot more? Shouldn’t I save my embers for my trinkets? Am I missing soth about DS?