Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Sometimes I get the feeling the PvP designers are trolling us.

With changes like these:
    - Turn Evil now has a 15-second cooldown. (Note: Glyph of Turn Evil will be redesigned and noted in a future PTR update.)
    - Burden of Guilt has been replaced with a new talent called Evil is a Point of View, which allows the Paladin to use Turn Evil on players and beasts.

An 8 second CC on a 15 second cooldown. This is basically the start MoP blood fear they're wanting to bring back. Have they really not learned from these things?

Now I know it's early PTR and A LOT can change. But I just wan't to bring this change to light. They've said themself they don't want more (instant) CC in the game, yet they're changing turn evil to be usable on players.
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2013-06-16 at 04:50 PM.

Blinding light -> turn evil

Stun -> turn evil

*shudders*

Even if they don't make it instant it will still be fairly stupid, paladins (and everyone else for that matter) don't need more cc ;s Maybe if it replaced blinding light. As is it just sounds bad.

One isolated change at this stage cannot indicate a design pattern or trend.

too many CC's as it is...I'd rather go back to a time of few CC's and shorter interrupt cds, having to learn to fakecast was very important in healing pvp and seperated a good healer from a bad one when it came to healing while someone's beating on you.

im so excited for another fear, we definitely dont have enough classes with fear like cc. 8 sec cc that sometimes paths you across the map so it take another 4 sec to get back into the battle

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    - Turn Evil now has a 15-second cooldown. (Note: Glyph of Turn Evil will be redesigned and noted in a future PTR update.)
    Does anyone read this? They realize blood fear is overpowered at this point and they're planning on changing the glyph. A 15 sec CD casted fear is going to be effectively the same as repentance, but on a less common DR. Since only holy paladins take repentance as-is, I'm feel safe in that this will only make holy paladins a little stronger and they can certainly use the help.

Blizzard's doing some dumb stuff with balance but this isn't one of those things.

With changes like these:
    - Burden of Guilt has been replaced with a new talent called Evil is a Point of View, which allows the Paladin to use Turn Evil on players and beasts.

An 8 second CC on a 15 second cooldown. This is basically the start MoP blood fear they're wanting to bring back. Have they really not learned from these things?

Now I know it's early PTR and A LOT can change. But I just wan't to bring this change to light. They've said themself they don't want more (instant) CC in the game, yet they're changing turn evil to be usable on players.
    Turn Evil: 15 sec cd, 1.7 second cast, 8 second duration.
    Repentance: 15 sec cd, 1.5 second cast, 8 second duration (which im sure will get upped to 1.7 sec cast). The glyph is currently removed.

All they did was give pallys a choice on what DR they want their cc to be (sheep = rep, fear = turn). Nothing gamebreaking yet but I'm sure they will change it since its too similar to repentance.

Deleted
    So palas will have free time to heal every 15 sec. Legit.

so they take yet ANOTHER cc away from ret by putting a cast time on it.

ok, thanks holy paladins.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Turn Evil: 15 sec cd, 1.7 second cast, 8 second duration.
    Repentance: 15 sec cd, 1.5 second cast, 8 second duration (which im sure will get upped to 1.7 sec cast). The glyph is currently removed.

All they did was give pallys a choice on what DR they want their cc to be (sheep = rep, fear = turn). Nothing gamebreaking yet but I'm sure they will change it since its too similar to repentance.
    Except it fears dont dr with traps. What this will do is paladin/hunter combo (which currently already is one of the strongest comps in the game I believe) even stronger.

But ye, I totally forgot about the cast timer. For some reason I was still thinking turn evil had no cast time due to the glyph. But even if paladins get to decide which DR they want, it's pretty stupid.

I'm pretty sure you don't play a Paladin, otherwise you'd understand the change.

They are putting Turn Evil (Fear) into the same tier as Fist of Justice (30s CD, 6s stun) and Repentance (15s CD, 1.5s cast, 8s incapacitate). They are removing instant Turn Evil completely.

Current Ret comps, like DK/Ret and Hunter/Ret will work the same, most Rets will still take HoJ because they run with Priests who can fear. All this change does is open up more comps for Ret Paladins (and Holy, a little bit) such as Ret/Rogue/x and Ret/Mage/x, where they don't need to rely on Fist of Justice to land kills. It also means Paladins can swap their major CC between incapacitate DR tree and Fear DR.

I guess it means Holy could get used in comps like RMPala and Junglecleave over Priests, as now they have a reliable CC that doesn't DR any of their teammates.
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-06-16 at 05:38 PM.

Honestly Im more annoyed that they are removing the instant turn evil glyph when we dont take the talent. Gonna be that much harder to stop unholy dks and avoid lock spell locks now.

Not a fan of this.
    Much rather they just buff Blinding light for holy pallys, than screw over all pallys against dks and gargoyles.
    Fear>incapacitate, why would I take repentance at all now?

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    I guess it means Holy could get used in comps like RMPala and Junglecleave over Priests, as now they have a reliable CC that doesn't DR any of their teammates.
    Except that's not the reason why Hpallys are struggling atm.
    Last edited by hammock; 2013-06-16 at 06:47 PM.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    they say they want to take away cc. they add cc. i feel trolled.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    they say they want to take away cc. they add cc. i feel trolled.
    No, if this change goes through, it is replacing the current Burden of Guilt talent which is a snare anytime Judgement is used.

Since it is also a talent, it means that a paladin doesn't have any more CC, just the choice of which one to use. A Pally can't have FoJ, repent, and this all at the same time.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    With changes like these:

Fear and Poly don't have cooldowns. I don't see the problem. Besides, you won't see many Ret's taking this over Fist and Holy already has an 8 second CC.

---------- Post added 2013-06-16 at 06:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hammock View Post
    Not a fan of this.
    Much rather they just buff Blinding light for holy pallys, than screw over all pallys against dks and gargoyles.
    Fear>incapacitate, why would I take repentance at all now?

Except that's not the reason why Hpallys are struggling atm.
    Fear isn't better than incapacitate? Monks, Lichborne, etc cannot break incapacitate.

If any gain comes from this talent, I hope it will be from the glyph at least. Instant but add 15 seconds (30 sec CD instant fear) wouldn't be bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    The glyph will be redesigned, it's unlikely that they will just tweak the numbers. Possibly something akin to Cyclone, 40% chance on hit to cause your Turn Evil to be instant and create a CD?

So you have:

Innstant ranged Stun, 30s
    1.7s Incapacitate, 15s CD.
    1.5s Fear, no CD or chance on proc for instant (with added CD?)

This then leaves Repentance lacking. Perhaps remove the CD on Repentance and just make it Polymorth. I don't think melee should have to hard cast CC. I also don't think Blinding Light, Turn Evil and Repentance should be in the Holy Tree.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post

Fear isn't better than incapacitate? Monks, Lichborne, etc cannot break incapacitate.

If any gain comes from this talent, I hope it will be from the glyph at least. Instant but add 15 seconds (30 sec CD instant fear) wouldn't be bad.
    I will always prefer fear over incapacitate because fear doesn't break on damage. Obviously that's an assumption at this point.

An instant fear would be horrible for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by hammock View Post
    I will always prefer fear over incapacitate because fear doesn't break on damage. Obviously that's an assumption at this point.

An instant fear would be horrible for the game.
    Fear also has the most ways to avoid or break in the game, as well as being brought by alot of other classes already. I agree though, another instant fear would suck, and it doesnt fit with the pally image. What paladin goes around fearing people? I swear most classes aren't even close to their original intentions anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    You don't really see Ret or Holy teaming up for Warlocks though, thisnamesucks.