Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Apparently I managed to get a cheesed kill on ahoo'ru today. The bug that teleports more than one person into the same fight happened and we were like 5 in there, with sanoriak at very low health. We killed it, and everyone got credit for killing their current rank boss, and rose a rank.

It feels kinda crappy getting rank 10 in such a cheesy way, but still, it's nice not having it spend more time practicing on him.

Welp, I got Ahoo'ru to 45% with the fire pits just starting so I was all "I got this this time!". Then I remembered I sacced my voidwalker and not my felhunter and COMPLETE HEAL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Welp, I got Ahoo'ru to 45% with the fire pits just starting so I was all "I got this this time!". Then I remembered I sacced my voidwalker and not my felhunter and COMPLETE HEAL.
    Ouch, that must suck! I just cruised through all the rank 9 bosses 1 shotting all except Ahoo'ru, saying that, first attempt I got him to 2% as a firemage with full arcane reforges/gemming eventually got him down after 6 tries. The only boss I really struggled with from the 2 new ranks was Hexos, but once I figured out the patterns was cake.

1 thing that bugs me is I can't kill disruptron what so ever, doesn't matter how early/late I jump, I know I time it perfectly and yet I just constantly die to the lasers (I'm horde and am aware of the bug with the grates or something). Best attempt was like, 20%.
    Last edited by JP1o; 2013-06-13 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    My experiences with Brawler's since 5.3:

Disruptron post 5.3:
    I gave up on him after 100s of attempts pre 5.3 hoping that blizzard would fix the issues with dodgy laser height and invisible discs, turns out they didn't. I finally decided to man up and get back onto him last night, 20 attempts later finally killed him, thoughts:
    - as a melee, the fight is still seriously screwed
    - invisible discs still happen on some attempts, very blatantly at that
    - lasers still sometimes kill you even after what appears to be a true jump (200ms in australia doesn't help), horde arena complicates this with the lowered sections of the floor too
    - as a melee if the middle disc spawner activates FIRST it is basically a guaranteed wipe unless disruptron moves like an angel for you
    - successful strategy was to put med/high pressure burst on him early on, burning him to 40% as soon as I could, trying to save cooldowns where possible, then at 40% or so, popping Xuen and going balls out whenever I was in range of him, firing ranged abilities where possible, and popping defensives like crazy
    - while the lasers are shit, they ARE learnable and you WILL learn to minimise the risk of bullshit deaths while still having uptime on disruptron, RNG still plays a huge factor here in regards to where he moves
    - as long as discs don't go invisible they're not that hard unless it's the middle one
    - if you don't have stuns to deal with his aoe stun you're going to have to stay away from him for longer, I was able to deal with most of them with charging ox wave and fists of fury, if he started casting while my charging ox was on cooldown and I didn't trust my luck with safely fist...ing him I would gtfo of there
    - cross your fingers and beg for his mercy
    - also, I wasn't listening to music for all of my attempts, then my mate told me to listen to some music and get in the groove, the attempt that I put the music on, was the attempt that I killed him... >.> my rhythm was amazing and I performed everything flawlessly (and the RNG gods blessed me)
    Agree that even after 5.3 this fight is not well designed for melee. The lasers seemed to be much wider than their animations sometimes (latency perhaps?).

And yeah the middle pillar can die. If it never spawns on an attempt the fight is immensely easier. I barely tried it pre 5.3 but it still took me probably 2 dozen attempts last week.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Razorgrin has been hotfixed. He doesn't melee anymore if you are behind him (on his tail), and he has a pretty slow turning animation so as long as you stay behind him as a melee, he won't hit you.

Pretty simple fight honestly. One shotted it after the hotfix and finally got the epic shirt on my warrior

Deleted
    Got to Nibbleh in my 507 ilvl gear on my Destruction Warlock. Hit a complete roadblock on him though; I can kite him easily enough but hit berserk when he's at 24%. A big DPS check that just isn't possible until you get high ilvl gear, also I don't have any tier 15 gear which doesn't help.

nearly 20+ days and no blingtron card need it for achieve QQ

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    this boss is really for fotm reflect, only possible for class with either reflect damage or complete immunity

i can do phase 1 perfectly and have more then 1min to spare in phase 2 but 2 orbs phases will kill me

cant portal out
    cant take only 1 orb

any tips and tricks for this annoying boss?
    in response to my complaints about this boss before, it got hotfixed and i finally got my rank 10 and mount

"The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Finally managed to beat Disruptron for a full clear on all ranks, all card bosses and all four of the "rare" bosses.

(cheesed it in blood specc with dps gear @ ilvl 523, all buffs except attack speed and just barely made the enrage timer)

Strangulate talented for extra stun to avoid his aoe stun and Icebound Fortitude in the end to make sure I wouldn't die to orbs and shit.

Officially done with Brawler's Guild until Blizzard adds new bosses and ranks!

Quote Originally Posted by Keiju View Post
    Got to Nibbleh in my 507 ilvl gear on my Destruction Warlock. Hit a complete roadblock on him though; I can kite him easily enough but hit berserk when he's at 24%. A big DPS check that just isn't possible until you get high ilvl gear, also I don't have any tier 15 gear which doesn't help.
    When you say you hit berserk do you mean you run out of room to kite or that the fire pits blow you up? When I was working on him I would run out of space before the fire pits even started and hit a similar roadblock that you did. If you're specced into KJC then warlocks are in a bit of a weird place with regards to the kiting pace. From what I understand the best pace to maximize space is to use walking (instead of normal running) while backpedalling, but because of KJC, the 30% movement speed debuff means we're way too slow, but using normal running (even with the KJC debuff) is a bit too quick.

What eventually worked for me was to stutter-step instead of consistently backpedalling, and stopping at corners to allow him to catch up into melee range before I continued kiting. Not sure if that'll help for you - I was a little more geared at about ilvl 512 at that time, I think, but I did kill him with some room to spare.

Quote Originally Posted by squee666 View Post
    This makes me feel bad that I got the blingtron card randomly one day and held onto it for awhile because i was too lazy to finish him. I did it today though and also after three agonizing hours I got Ahoo'ru. I just need to finish up my card battles and revisit some of the old rank eight bosses. I'm just glad to finally be able to ride my mushan and never see Ahoo'ru again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    Agree that even after 5.3 this fight is not well designed for melee. The lasers seemed to be much wider than their animations sometimes (latency perhaps?).
    Nope, not latency. They are just higher up or wider sometimes than they look like. Did him with 15 ms, and still failed seemingly perfect jumps from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by squee666 View Post
    Same. I've done Blingtron every day since the patch, and it's the only one I need. Been done with everything else in Brawler's Guild for weeks, was 5th on Kil'Jaeden to rank 10... and still no Blingtron. It's starting to drive me a bit batty.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Same. I've done Blingtron every day since the patch, and it's the only one I need. Been done with everything else in Brawler's Guild for weeks, was 5th on Kil'Jaeden to rank 10... and still no Blingtron. It's starting to drive me a bit batty.
    This is exactly my situation. Been talking to Blingtron every day and no card... friends are taunting me with receiving multiple robots... I haven't been this sad over an achievement in a long while.

Did Blizzard lower the amount of people that CRZ puts there recently? Few months ago, there was very blooming and active community, always big buff groups with lots of friendly chatter, now I'm lucky if I even find a buff group, and the social aspect is destroyed unless getting extremely lucky with outgoing players. Sure the queues are lower but the atmosphere is destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Illitti View Post
    Did Blizzard lower the amount of people that CRZ puts there recently? Few months ago, there was very blooming and active community, always big buff groups with lots of friendly chatter, now I'm lucky if I even find a buff group, and the social aspect is destroyed unless getting extremely lucky with outgoing players. Sure the queues are lower but the atmosphere is destroyed.
    they tend to enjoy the flood the brawlers once newer things comes out with crz, a bit later they wont turn crz on for it at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twosteps View Post
    When you say you hit berserk do you mean you run out of room to kite or that the fire pits blow you up? When I was working on him I would run out of space before the fire pits even started and hit a similar roadblock that you did. If you're specced into KJC then warlocks are in a bit of a weird place with regards to the kiting pace. From what I understand the best pace to maximize space is to use walking (instead of normal running) while backpedalling, but because of KJC, the 30% movement speed debuff means we're way too slow, but using normal running (even with the KJC debuff) is a bit too quick.

What eventually worked for me was to stutter-step instead of consistently backpedalling, and stopping at corners to allow him to catch up into melee range before I continued kiting. Not sure if that'll help for you - I was a little more geared at about ilvl 512 at that time, I think, but I did kill him with some room to spare.

Fire pits. I hit berserk twice but admittedly died mostly from running out of space. Even so I couldn't down him.

I don't think it's possible at my 507 ilvl gear level. That said, if any Destruction Warlocks with 507 ilvl or lower without set bonuses have done Nibbleh I'd be very interested in how they managed it. Doing my optimal dps rotation and still hitting berserk at 24% doesn't give me much hope.

Edit: Had a couple of gear drops and upgraded some gear with Valor and got up to 512 ilvl. Killed Nibbleh and downed the other two. Got my rank 10!
    Last edited by mmoc5bc19d4173; 2013-06-22 at 03:23 AM.

Finally killed Ahoo'ru today and got my mount! Did it as a 523 Destro Lock. Had so many wipes on him compared to any other boss.

Now if only Blingtron would be more fortunate. I want to try other fights, lol.

Deleted
    Just killed Ahoo'ru!
    13th on the server to do it!
    Was a bit shaky, but managed it with 2-3 seconds to go until enrage.
    533 Fire/Frost mage.