Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    The room with the machinery and the conveyor belts looks very cool. Is that Blackfuse's room?

The outdoor part of Orgrimmar, from the coast to Ragefire is a bit odd. The models and textures under the city are so much better that it looks like they mixed two different games. They should have updated the terrain and the buildings a bit IMO.
    Judging by Blackfuse's dungeon journal entry i would assume so as the dungeon journal mentioned assemply lines and stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyrd View Post
    complete total waste of the city of orgrimmar as an actual raid site. to top it off, nearly a third of the raid doesnt even take place in orgrimmar, its in the fucking vale? why not just release two raids. one for pandaria and one for orgrimmar. one on pandaria where you fight the klaaxi, the sha and yshaarj's bullshit. then go to orgrimmar in the other and deal with garrosh.and the music, it sounded like deathwing's theme with more drums and less chanting. siege is going to be a dragon soul 2.0. im not impressed by this at all. id much rather just attack orgrimmar directly, use some military strategy for once, because you know warcraft was a real time strategy game.
    I think Blizzard doesn't want another Dragon Soul disaster. If the whole raid took place in the old Orgrimmar, people would be pissed. Personally, I'd rather see some new environments than fight in locations we've seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Hopefully they don't have a billion trash in this one. They admitted they had to much trash in tot but didn't remove some...
    Meh I think the amount of trash altogether is alright, it's just certain packs that suck :/ Like the Jin-Horridon Trash, and perhaps there's a bit too much between Tort-Megaera, other than that it's ok :3

I don't like how linear it looks. And tbh I hoped there would be more bosses in the actual city. From the video, it looks like there might be one boss fight in Valley of strength, then down into ragefire we go.

They should keep this area available to us after the next xpac goes live I'd so be rolling horde xD

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 12:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    I don't like how linear it looks. And tbh I hoped there would be more bosses in the actual city. From the video, it looks like there might be one boss fight in Valley of strength, then down into ragefire we go.
    How is it linear? Looks like there's so many different paths you can take at different times xD

massive fucking cop out.
    we have this huge outdoor city. possibility for an open air raid with air combat(gunships lol, mount to mount combat), naval combat (attacking, boarding and commandeering ships), did i mention the outdoor city.
    orgrimmar proper is large enough to house a raid itself. but instead we just hur da hurr up the front gate, notice that garrosh's room is completely empty, see onveniently blocked alleys and areas, just to enter the cleft of shadow, go into ragefire chasm all MC style and then jump down a huge pit. when i saw the underground section i was thinking, alright heres some boss fight like the dragonmaw drake riders or some shit. big pit, fly in and out of it, makes sense i guess. but nope. its the raid. the 'siege of orgrimmar' is really just lets walk through the gate because nobodies home lol, they all underground. why not just seal the one entry way, the giant pit, with some fucking lava or something and then be done with it? so garrosh somehow has the time, resources and manpower to dig this huge underground city beneath orgrimmar with unnecessary massive hallways, and has the brilliant idea to have one way in and out? one, single, pit.

complete total waste of the city of orgrimmar as an actual raid site. to top it off, nearly a third of the raid doesnt even take place in orgrimmar, its in the fucking vale? why not just release two raids. one for pandaria and one for orgrimmar. one on pandaria where you fight the klaaxi, the sha and yshaarj's bullshit. then go to orgrimmar in the other and deal with garrosh.and the music, it sounded like deathwing's theme with more drums and less chanting. siege is going to be a dragon soul 2.0. im not impressed by this at all. id much rather just attack orgrimmar directly, use some military strategy for once, because you know warcraft was a real time strategy game.
    So ... you want another airship battle like from ICC? Possibly the easiest encounter in the entire raiding timeline? Yeah, I'll pass dude.

I'd rather them not visit anything that could potentially have stupid coding requirements. As in the poor spine of deathwing spins that happened for little to no reason, or perhaps falling to our deaths during the Malygos encounter because the dragon vehicles decided they weren't going to spawn. There's so much crap coding being done already throughout the game, don't force more of it down our throat with stuff likes air ships, boats or any kind of vehicles what so ever ...

To argue your other points, I assume you haven't even done the secrets of ragefire scenario, the construction of the new underground orgrimmar is already underway.

Lastly, the music was probably just what the video creator used as the sound track, chill pill, go take one.
    What is tank?

"The basic idea of a tank is well understood. It works like an argument with my mother. The mobs keeps beating on you, and the more you throw it's own shit back at it, the more it focuses on you and hates you. Perplexing enough, this is actually not only your goal, but the mob eventually gives you loot and money when it dies instead of writing you out of its will." (Senotay)

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." -- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post

How is it linear? Looks like there's so many different paths you can take at different times xD
    The way the camera moved, it didn't look winged. I could be wrong, but it really didn't seem to go into an area, look at what seemed to be boss rooms, then go back out through where it entered. I miss being able to skip a troublesome boss and come back to it later in the week *shrug*

Looks amazing, with ToT and SoO its looking to be one of the best expansions for raid atmosphere.

I see the return of the Elevator boss! Raiders beware!

Looks alright, seems they are going their good old ways of "re-use as many places and textures as possible to make it lazy for us", but generally some places seemed interestingly pretty.

I just wished they would start implementing more new areas for the end raid of an expansion instead of half-reused stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    You will always have those who complain about every little detail. But in full the raids looks amazing for sure.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Looking more closely at it, I'm starting to think the Dungeon Journal is not completely in order yet. I can't imagine some bosses taking place in certain places, and there are too many big-boss-rooms inside RFC, if most bosses are really there, the actual city will be mostly trash.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Looks alright, seems they are going their good old ways of "re-use as many places and textures as possible to make it lazy for us", but generally some places seemed interestingly pretty.

I just wished they would start implementing more new areas for the end raid of an expansion instead of half-reused stuff.
    Well we knew that this raid was going to be in orgrimmar and they definitely could have done worse, imagine if the whole thing was above ground it would all be reused.
    did you really expect the raid would be anything but orc architecture combined with gobliny mechanics?

Quote Originally Posted by AD Arbsbear View Post
    You will always have those who complain about every little detail. But in full the raids looks amazing for sure.
    Well, yes but constructive critisism is good.

Imho, it's not bad but we need to wait.

About the undergound thing: how would they manage the orgrimmar out of raid and inside the raid? The architecture should change consistently, hence the onlly way to make na Orgrimmar raid was to put it below of the city itself.

I love the heart hanging from the ceiling in garrosh room
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

massive fucking cop out.
    we have this huge outdoor city. possibility for an open air raid with air combat(gunships lol, mount to mount combat), naval combat (attacking, boarding and commandeering ships), did i mention the outdoor city.
    orgrimmar proper is large enough to house a raid itself. but instead we just hur da hurr up the front gate, notice that garrosh's room is completely empty, see onveniently blocked alleys and areas, just to enter the cleft of shadow, go into ragefire chasm all MC style and then jump down a huge pit. when i saw the underground section i was thinking, alright heres some boss fight like the dragonmaw drake riders or some shit. big pit, fly in and out of it, makes sense i guess. but nope. its the raid. the 'siege of orgrimmar' is really just lets walk through the gate because nobodies home lol, they all underground. why not just seal the one entry way, the giant pit, with some fucking lava or something and then be done with it? so garrosh somehow has the time, resources and manpower to dig this huge underground city beneath orgrimmar with unnecessary massive hallways, and has the brilliant idea to have one way in and out? one, single, pit.

Very few raiders want even half that.

If they were going to add mount combat, vehicle combat (again), or boat combat, it would have to be the form of minigames, where that is the only thing taking place. From the near unanimous review of gunship in ICC and FL in Ulduar, no one wants that in a raid environment where they're clearing it for months at a time. It's just not that much fun.

Now a minigame with pirate ships like the CS:Source minigame, mg_pirateship would be fun. Maybe next expansion, but they probably won't do it this one.

15+ Year Old Account
    If that is the raid, it looks huge.

massive fucking cop out.

While I don't really have a personal opinion on the matter, having the raid in the area we already know as the outdoor Orgrimmar... they would just get another a million more complaints about rehasing content. Building an underground Orgrimmar was probably wise. If I misunderstood your actual complaint, sorry in advance.

Rest of what you summed up makes quite a lot of sense to me atleast.

Orgrimmar isnt that big if you think about it

I think we all knew the majority of the raid was gonna be underground in a type of bunker

gotta say the whole thing looks awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    Need to see it when they finish it. As for im not impressed, just one big underground claustrofoby bunker,however that titan-style rooms in Vale looks nice.

Deleted
    If it's as linear as ToT I will be rather disappointed. But it looked pretty nice in the video, just no more trash like after Jin'rokh.