Deleted

Battlefiend: Barrens as Alliance

Is there any point to attempt this as Alliance ?!
    I went there with some guy, mostly to check things out. Lol, horde everywhere and always more than 2, couldn't do anything before horde would pile up on us as soon as some fight started.

PVP server so it's obviously expected but somehow this situation seems direly in favor of the horde, up to the point where it's not even worth trying without a full raid.

So why is this content even open to alliance players ? Pointless. Metzen's handiwork as usual.

Funny thing: the patch about Horde and Alliance making a coalition and working together for the greater good boils down to Ally corpses in the Barrens

Metzen is writer not balancer last time I checked. I very much doubt he cares in-game balance or practicability while advancing the lore. This is totally okay for current lore and I can't see any flaw which is what he cares I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    I went there with some guy, mostly to check things out. Lol, horde everywhere and always more than 2, couldn't do anything before horde would pile up on us as soon as some fight started.

PVP server so it's obviously expected but somehow this situation seems direly in favor of the horde, up to the point where it's not even worth trying without a full raid.

So why is this content even open to alliance players ? Pointless. Metzen's handiwork as usual.
    It's pretty much a crappy patch all around for Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Funny thing: the patch about Horde and Alliance making a coalition and working together for the greater good boils down to Ally corpses in the Barrens
    Enemy of my enemy is my ally. History is full with such acts, I can't see how this is weird or strange for some people.

Well i play on a 95% Alliance server ( frostmane EU) and I have no problems at all. I can imagine how both you and the horde on my server feels as we crush them on sight.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on a very active PvP realm and i do this quest as Alliance and I've had a few PvP moments, never been killed or mass ganked or anything, only time the PvP seems to get crazy is around the big elites

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I think that the reason is, that there are only few alliance players there (the ones doing quests/grind) while, due to proximity of org, many bored horde players goes there to "kill" the time while in que or waiting before raid. So yeah pretty crappy situation for alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I think that the reason is, that there are only few alliance players there (the ones doing quests/grind) while, due to proximity of org, many bored horde players goes there to "kill" the time while in que or waiting before raid. So yeah pretty crappy situation for alliance.
    As a mage, I find it easy to kill time there as alliance. At least I get a mog set rather than the same boring SW visuals
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    It's pretty much a crappy patch all around for Alliance.
    The last 2 expacs have been mostly crappy for Alliance. Yeah MoP gave us a few things but overall it is the same crap as Cata.

Better make friends on a PVE server if you actually want to do them. Sometimes openraid.us has people looking to farm Commanders. Personally it seems a little short sighted to make the area non-CRZ on PvP servers with massive imbalances Hell I want it to be CRZ for the commander farming. It's good valor with farm groups, but barely worth doing it more than once.

Just think of it this way, you're bringing a lot of joy to scrub players who get to kill you over and over because they have a 10-1 advanatage. You guys should get a medal.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-06-18 at 01:36 PM.

If you are just trying to farm the elites just wait until they are partially dead and then fly down and tag them. Make sure to not release from your body until the mob is killed, then release, run back, rez and loot.

Edit: Yes its boring and lame but it is a way to get the quest items on servers that heavily dominated by the opposing faction.

Well, having trouble doing content in contested zones in PVP Servers is not a privilege of Battlefield: Barrens.

My server is very heavy Horde, and Alliance doesn't get to do anything in Isle of Thunder as well. It doesn't really have to do with the proximity to Orgrimar.

Maybe, switch to a Alliance heavy server?

10+ Year Old Account
    Battlefield: Barrens wasn't designed with faction-dominant PvP servers in mind. Generally, the idea is that since the commanders tap to both factions, you've got both teams going after them to take them down while the leftover bad blood sees them going after each others' supply caravans, and behaving themselves near Vol'jin since the Alliance player is more or less the de-facto representative in the early stages of the coalition with Vol'jin's rebellion.

In-story, you're doing it to keep the trolls and orcs at each others' throats instead of attacking the rebels, because (as seen with the purge of Dalaran) all that's going to do is push the rebels back toward Garrosh and get them focused on attacking the Alliance again.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

It's not bias, it's just server pop. On KT the barrens is now alliance turf.

10+ Year Old Account

You whining about something, that's not bound to the faction, but rather the realm population.....

I've got toons on US Area52 Horde outnumbers Alliance by 9:1
    I've got toons on US Stormrage Alliance outnumbers Horde by 11:1
    Anecdotal, really... Find a realm that's either balanced, or try to get xrealm invite from someone. As for the quest aspect, PVE realm would be probably the better choice.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Talthun View Post
    It's not bias, it's just server pop. On KT the barrens is now alliance turf.
    Old speech is old. Thought that was a biased whining even before your update.

Server imbalance and game plot are two separated things. Take that advice and move to Kel'Thuzad, Korine. MIMIMI METZENBIAS MIMIMI.

10+ Year Old Account
    unless you're desperate for the 1 gear piece / week or maybe pet from those quests, its not even worth doing, did it once for pet , never went back ^^

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I camp allies til the commanders despawn and they get 0 loot. The Alliance are scum and should be treated as second class citizens.
    You cared enough to post.

depends on realm, on some realms there are 0 hordes and alliance just facerolls rares/resources