Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Of course they just care about money, what's wrong with you, where have you been?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelfire View Post
    this is not the case
    III. Limitations on Your Use of World of Warcraft.
    (5) buy or sell for "real" money or exchange gold, weapons, armor, or any other virtual items that may be used in World of Warcraft outside the World of Warcraft platform
    Is it this?
    2. Rules Related to "Chat", Interaction With Other Users or With Blizzard Entertainment Representatives. When engaging in Chat in World of Warcraft, or otherwise utilizing World of Warcraft, you may not:
    (9) Participate in any action that, in the sole and absolute opinion of Blizzard Entertainment, results or may result in an authorized user of World of Warcraft being "scammed" or defrauded out of gold, weapons, armor, or any other items that user has earned through authorized game play in World of Warcraft.

So i cannot buy for real money anything to use ingame and it's not the case.
    And I cannot act in order to scam anyone but in this case I was scammed, ok not for an in game item for a blizzard store one but it si not mentioned in TOU or I didn't find
    You can buy something that is applied directly to your account to be used in game.

You cannot buy something and apply it to another players account or sell it unless the store allows you to gift it.
    You also can't purchase something for in game gold that was originally bought outside the game.

If you were to buy a cool item or gold at an auction website and spend say $200 and the person never delivered the goods Blizzard would do nothing as well.

If the bloodwing mount turned into an item that could be traded or sold on the Auction House then it would be fair game but it's not. Blizzard has done this once, with a pet.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have aquired a guardian cub on AH for 3k several months ago, someone has paid 10 euro for it I just thought that people who wanna have gold can spend a lot of real money for it and this guy have just spent a bit more but as exchange the guardian cub guy lose more..
    You piad in game gold for an in game ITEM.

How hard is it to understand. You can't trade in game stuff for out of game stuff.

If you can't make the trade using the trade window, it isn't supported.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    Don't forget, TCG mounts are BoE specifically to prevent trading gold for the code, which is against ToS. You do not need the code for TCG mounts because you can trade the mount, directly, in-game for gold, making it an in-game transaction. OP broke ToS. Live and learn.
    That's right I'm not saying that I'm fully right I acted as a noob because I thought was possible, but in the specific I just say that I have not strictly violate the TOU so I should be refunded, mount or money, in the case for what they havewritten they should refund the object.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have aquired a guardian cub on AH for 3k several months ago, someone has paid 10 euro for it I just thought that people who wanna have gold can spend a lot of real money for it and this guy have just spent a bit more but as exchange the guardian cub guy lose more..
    The difference is this is not a code. It's an actual item in the game which you can sell. The seller can't sell it for 24 hours and after 24 hours it's non refundable. The seller also can't remove it from your character.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 09:29 AM ----------

That's right I'm not saying that I'm fully right I acted as a noob because I thought was possible, but in the specific I just say that I have not strictly violate the TOU so I should be refunded, mount or money, in the case for what they havewritten they should refund the object.
    You were sold a code and not a physical item in game. The player can't trade it or put in on the AH. You got scammed big time but there's not much you can do about it. Technically Blizzard could ban you for this transaction but they know your 27k loss is probably punishment enough.

The problem is that ignorance of the law is not an excuse to break it, even if you didn't mean to or didn't want to. What it all boils down to is that you paid for something in game that was against the TOS and therefore forfeited both the gold and the item in question. Sometimes you need to ask questions before making such purchases.

Deleted
    Day by day more people fall for this and more will.

Their is a topic on the official forums and it was in the launcher also for bit.

Funny tho i copied what one spammer on my realm was spitting out and fired it out also a few time for a lol and was surprised at how many people /w me back asking how much, so many thick fuckers out their no wonder they keep doing it.

Deleted
    Blizzard does not recognize any purported transfers of virtual property executed outside of the Game, or the purported sale, gift or trade in the “real world” of anything that appears or originates in the Game. Accordingly, you may not sell in-game items or currency for “real” money, or exchange those items or currency for value outside of the Game. [/QUOTE]

item or currency for real money or value outside the game, in my opinion i exchanged currency for value inside the game and I RECEIVED, if he give me a code that don't work a I give him the money before I agree that i was totally wrong but as the code worked i suppose that everything was good, the problem is that the day after it was cancelled

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard does not recognize any purported transfers of virtual property executed outside of the Game, or the purported sale, gift or trade in the “real world” of anything that appears or originates in the Game. Accordingly, you may not sell in-game items or currency for “real” money, or exchange those items or currency for value outside of the Game.

item or currency for real money or value outside the game, in my opinion i exchanged currency for value inside the game and I RECEIVED, if he give me a code that don't work a I give him the money before I agree that i was totally wrong but as the code worked i suppose that everything was good, the problem is that the day after it was cancelled
    In this case your opinion is wrong. He could have just as easily given you that code over vent or some other program.
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2013-06-18 at 02:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    you broke the rules and you expect them to help you?

You certainly are a "noob". Doesn't change that Blizzard should take more care of these things but decides it's not worth the money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buying a Blizzard store mount from someone else is against the Terms of Service. You broke the rules, you deserve to be punished for it.

What exactly do you hope to prove by posting here OP? You throwing a tantrum and threatening to quit isn't going to gain you any support so why are you still trying to argue with us?

We are telling you what happened, you broke the rules, got scammed and Blizzard will not give you your money back.

Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    the only thing refunding fools with their easily separated gold will do is greenlight stupid, reckless behaviour. Blizz didn't ban him, they did their part.
    Is your reading comprehension lacking or something ? Where did I state that he should be refunded ? Blizzard should better police tos violations in chats but decides not to.

Accordingly, you may not sell in-game items or currency for “real” money, or exchange those items or currency for value outside of the Game.

You exchanged gold for a code that you redeemed outside of the game, which then provided you with an in-game item. The code itself has no value inside the limits of the game.

The reason the bat code worked is that some unsuspecting user had there account information stolen and a gold seller was selling bat codes as fast as he could to get gold in-game so he could use that gold to entice other users to give them their account information...rinse, repeat.

Blizzard's stance on this has always been out in the open. If it doesn't fit in the Trade window then you can't buy it with gold. If you do, you are responsible for what happens.

In fact, this very site you used to make this post has a post over on the side responded by a blue:

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...hallenge-mode/

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    While not in violation of the Terms of Use they are unsupported. If it doesn't fit in a trade window or on the auction house, it would not be supported
    That's the snippet in concern of the thread. Since the purchases are made with a stolen / invalid credit card once the fees have been reversed Blizzard removes all traces of said item.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    That's right I'm not saying that I'm fully right I acted as a noob because I thought was possible, but in the specific I just say that I have not strictly violate the TOU so I should be refunded, mount or money, in the case for what they have written they should refund the object.
    No, you violated the very rule of the TOS you traded gold for something bought with real currency. That's the rule you broke it you do not deserve a refund since English is obviously not your first language perhaps you are misunderstanding what we are saying. Trust me though you screwed up and are lucky you didn't get an infraction of some sort on top of it.

Blizzard has a stickied post about your situation on their customer support forums:
    ★★ Attention: Virtual Property Scams! ★★
    Don't buy anything in the game that comes from outside the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game masters explained the situation very clearly: you purchased a mount with gold that was bought with stolen credit cards and you were actioned for it.

There isn't anything really here to discuss, especially as you've decided to quit WoW.