Durumu 10 normal - what went wrong?

We seemed to do great and then suddenly had some drop off in performance all around. I'm not sure if it's player fatigue or what. I'm trying to assign healers to blue, MDPS to red with the offtank and RDPS to yellow. Our wipes seemed erratic to me, we almost always lose one player to the maze which costs us our brez early. We had him down to 2% on our longest try, and that was relatively early in the night. It all went downhill from there.

I was seeing health dive during lights phase, so I asked the disc priest to swap to holy at some point for the extra healing cooldown (not many places to use barrier). Someone will probably say "swap to 2 heals" but we can't. We are locked at three healers.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9gesb24f1iuac3dk/

Any advice for us as we get ready for another week?

Tanks in yellow and at least one healer in blue beam. Then just reveal and kill red adds asap. Make sure soaking Life Drain works. Three healing shouldn't be a problem. If maze kills players, then it is just l2p issue.

First, keep both priests as Disc. You don't need 3 healers, but having 2 discs allows you to get essentially 1 DPS and 1 healer worth of DPS/HPS between them. They should also be doing a lot more damage when you run 3 healers; it seems like they don't trust smart heals to top people up and are doing a lot of overhealing rather than DPSing for Atonement.

Second, some of your DPS are really, really low. Your warrior and mage are doing something wrong.

Third, if your blood DK has a DPS spec, have him swap and let your pally solo tank. This will result in more DPS overall. You could even have your prot pally swap to ret and let the DK solo tank, but DK tanks don't do loads of damage.

Fourth, people are dying to really stupid things. The maze? No one should ever die to that. People are also failing to swap Life Drains properly. Your warrior also got knocked off at some point, which is just... terrible.

So, do more damage and stop the really dumb deaths.

I thought we had the drain life issue really well sorted out, we're revolving it at 3 stacks to the next player pretty consistently.

Our pally tank is only there for Sunday, Tue and Wed we have a monk tank. That's essentially our only swinging spot.

I'll post these logs to the mage and warrior forums and ask what the problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchetman240 View Post
    I thought we had the drain life issue really well sorted out, we're revolving it at 3 stacks to the next player pretty consistently.
    To clarify, the swaps are fine in general, but there are some deaths from it where the person took 4-5 ticks.

Our pally tank is only there for Sunday, Tue and Wed we have a monk tank. That's essentially our only swinging spot.
    A monk solo tank is even better as far as DPS. Your hpal will just have to pick up Clemency.

We seemed to do great and then suddenly had some drop off in performance all around. I'm not sure if it's player fatigue or what. I'm trying to assign healers to blue, MDPS to red with the offtank and RDPS to yellow. Our wipes seemed erratic to me, we almost always lose one player to the maze which costs us our brez early. We had him down to 2% on our longest try, and that was relatively early in the night. It all went downhill from there.

I was seeing health dive during lights phase, so I asked the disc priest to swap to holy at some point for the extra healing cooldown (not many places to use barrier). Someone will probably say "swap to 2 heals" but we can't. We are locked at three healers.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9gesb24f1iuac3dk/

Any advice for us as we get ready for another week?
    Okay, I looked at your longest attempt and would like to make a few suggestions.

First off you say you always have a fail raider die to mazes (yes their fail if dying to this mechanic, it's stupid easy to avoid, just don't rush the maze, and walk into the fire!)

Okay enough ranting lol, while looking at try 13, your first death DPS warrior walked over spore (purple void zone) while standing in the red beam, since this occurred later in the fight (I presume he had several stacks of red beam debuff, and the 2 ticks + him being a yard and walking in void zone snagged your 1st Brez on him (totally avoidable)

One of your DKs had the same problem later on in the fight! Causing another death, this fight is easily heal able with 2healers, b/c you push the color blind phase the faster you kill all the red adds!!!, thus taking less raid DMG, by reducing the # of stacking debuffs from each color!

Now lets go over your strat, you have the tank in with MDPS, RDPS in yellow and heals in blue, this too is bad, your making your Mage run the entire time (yellow never stops)

I recommend (as most other guilds are doing it and saying on other posts) to pu your off tank in yellow, with your hunter (best mobility +DPS from your range, + he can hit red adds while in yellow), go 2Heals w/Disc PRS and Holy Pally, holy is fail and needs a hot fix bad!! Use Devo Aura for Colorblind Phase, and PW:Barrier on maze (it's not solid, but you are correct on not an ideal spot in mechanics to use).

Put Heals in Blue, like your doing, hunter in yellow with off tank and 6 in Red.

What my guild Oligarchy does b4 we ever pull is put 5 raid markers down evenly spaced around Drumu, this makes it extremely easy to find the blue add (and NEVER reveal him), while finding the red adds faster, by knowing their locations ahead of time.

Also try and use, yellow, blue, red markers adjacent to each other (this will server as a stacking point whilecor beams are being assigned to your raid, have yellow go yellow dump the beam there and go back to red or blue or stay yellow depending on their role. Same withe red and blue, except they will either have to stay on blue (unless blue add is going to be there) or run around room if their red.

Be vocal!!! Biggest tip, your raid can't be scared or shy to speak up for this encounter
    For example healer gets targeted with red (may be a wipe unless really skilled, but it's just RNG, and doesn't happen all the time), so going back in front of the ( ) a dpser will have to call out going blue to cover the healer going to red.

Be vocal!!! For Life Drains!!!
    Your compo isn't the greatest for this but I would recommend having your frost DK be your leading person to intercept the LDs and pop AMS prior (45s CD)
    Second if you time this well you could have your Blood DK go and do the same, if your tinny is bad and drumubtank has lot of debuff stacks just have Pally BoP him, to allow him to stay on boss long enough to let the Blood DK soak a LD with his AMS up, lastly you can use the hunter with his deterrence, (but this is a DPS loss compared to the DKs; however, it is a DPS gain if another raider is going in with only 10-30% DMG red CD, due to the healing on DURUMU.

All in all the big thing here is to have your raid spread out away from your LD target (except for interceptor, but still be far enough away that if they were targeted with Force of Will it won't knock the LD target off the platform, in the even that this foes happen the only thing you can do is life grip (via priest) the stunned LD target out of the FoW!

Keep an eye on your MT every time boss applies both debuffs he needs to be topped off Right away!!! This is very Imp't ESP when he is nearing 3rd and 4th stack, b/c your heals are reduced and he keeps taking Bleed DMG from the Artieral Cut debuff, if you letting your tanks get multiple stacks of these your doing it wrong!!! Use your bubbles too to help, or just Bop the tank with your pally!

I hope this helps, I know you think you can't 2heal it, but honestly makes it much easier!!!
    Also check with your guildies that keep dying to fire ask them where the graphics are set (if not Ultra ask what graphics card they are using, and if they can't a seer that assume its crappy, go to game menu >system> graphics> advance make sure their card setting is on 9, not 11 then set their graphics to Ultra, have them reboot wow and hey should see fire than, if they still fail to fire it's time to hot the trade chat and start recruiting, because you have a casual raider who just flat out sucks and shouldn't be in ToT raiding

Best of Luck,

Seelean
    Guardian Troll Druid - 534ai
    US-Zul'Jin

Hm... any resurrection sickness?

---------- Post added 2013-06-19 at 10:13 PM ----------

My first thoughts!