Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Upon seeing these changed a single thing comes in my mind: did they even test warlocks or ever played one?
    First the Haunt able to cast while moving, now not but FF has a cast time? And they refuse to give MG channel time so they nerf its damage and put it into dots (which will probably tick like bullshit anyway)? And whats with the reasoning that " RoF wont generate enough embers in single target fights so you needn't to take MF"? Who on earth took MF for single target ember generation through RoF?
    I still think we will be fine in 5.4 tough (PvE that is) but these changes and the reasoning behind them are ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfarien View Post
    Who on earth took MF for single target ember generation through RoF?
    They mean if you would still use rof in the single target rotation, then the new mf would be mandatory for the 10s dmg gain on rof. But without rof singletarget, its not.

level 90 talents changed QOL destroyed, Now Felflame casted urggggg, its the only instant we have to kill pesky low level mobs or finish something. Its damage overtime might be the same but becuase they changed it to do damage from instant to after 1.5 casttime its a massive downgrade in qol

Deleted
    Fel flame reverted back to instant cast: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...88563348840448

Deleted
    I actually agree with the OP in that KJC is just kind of a flawed talents really, seems people are crying their eyes out that they'll actually have to thinking ahead to make best use KJC (same for new Mannoroth's too). OH WHAT. THINKING IN WOW. AT LONG LAST. There is too much mindless crap in this game; raid/dungeon finder the prime culprit.

People are acting like this is going to break warlocks, but warlocks were fine for years without being able to run & cast pre-Mists. And they are pulling damage from MG and putting into DoTs & Haunt, making a warlock model more similar to previous expansion. Haunt was going to be able to run-casted, but FF is being buffed instead - maybe they could consider making UA run-casted to make some whiny ppl quiet down but it doesn't need it. It could also be that they revert back to old MG model where it increased DoT tick speed while channelled, as the MG that does its own ticks means moving at the wrong time is technically a DPS.

The Warlocks of years ago are not the Warlocks of today. You're making an apples to oranges comparison.

Further, they fast turnover and re-implementation of spell and talent changes is clearly happening BECAUSE people are being so vocal about it. The more discussion the better.

The new 100% damage on MF just gona make Demo aoe even more OP, ppl will qq, resulting in a huge demo AOE nerf across the board and we just be making enough AOE with MF buff on making demo even more CD bitch and another button to stick in some macro...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    The new 100% damage on MF just gona make Demo aoe even more OP, ppl will qq, resulting in a huge demo AOE nerf across the board and we just be making enough AOE with MF buff on making demo even more CD bitch and another button to stick in some macro...
    Will it? Do you even know where most of the damage from Demo AoE comes from? Have you read what the new MF does?

With the new change it appears to be they are wanting us all to go demo. Well, they are the least affected by the KJC change with proper meta usage, and the now damage cooldown that MF is gaining it just seems that way.

Quote Originally Posted by esatikkane View Post
    Will it? Do you even know where most of the damage from Demo AoE comes from? Have you read what the new MF does?
    yeh immo aura is huge with alot of adds

Quote Originally Posted by Whabam View Post
    Its also a pretty big nerf to Destro ember generation on more than one constant target if they aren't pretty close.
    Uh... destro won't use it to generate embers so....

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    yeh immo aura is huge with alot of adds
    With the new MF , hand of guldan and the demon one is just a big aoe nerf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beenieshaman View Post
    Explain please? How does a 100% damage increase come off as a nerf?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beenieshaman View Post
    Lol. Isn't a nerf at all... If anything MF is probably gonna be the new sweet lvl 90 talent. I love it.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Another CD actually. Especially for demo. And aggro magnet at adds.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

All I know is that the level 90 warlock talents are going to be so awful that I see no point in taking any of them. They are all trash. I'll just go without one.

Well they could fiv AV .. that it fucking procs in instances from something! (tried my fav lolmutch dmg inc fight aka twins .. nothing)
    Then i had 1 talent to use :P

Mf the new way is uterly bullshit for destru, we don't bomb with ROF you stupid ... ... .... ... ... ...... dudes at blizz, we bomb with fnb +immo etc .. more range to rof wow .. great still not worth using .. WTF! stop killing it even more
    -> great buff to demo .. srlsy blizz do i have to spec demo? are you happy then?

the new felflame sounds like a dmg spell that basicly does nothing but can be spammed while running .. so yay atleast something (hope they change the mana costs @destru for it a bit so you can use it more then 2-3 times @walkencounters like creepyeyeboss

I loved manno fury

Will miss as well

R.i.p.

Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    Explain please? How does a 100% damage increase come off as a nerf?
    I don't think nerf is quite the best descriptive word to use, but its not as sweet as it sounds. Destruction will feel the "nerf" most with this talent as the % of our AoE derived from RoF is smaller with the rotation of F&B spells which are no longer effected by Mannoroths. This means any fight where the huge aoe range was niche for destro, your now only getting extra emberbits for 10 seconds and the beef of your AoE will never be benefiting from the added range or the added 100% dmg. Think of the times where you use Mannoroths currently...Primarily for ember generation or wide range cleaving.

All that said, 100% dmg buff for part of our AoE rotation is never bad, but in situations where this ability would really shine, its dmg bonus is indirectly balanced around less targets getting hit from your other AoE spells....

Void Ray, Carrion, Chaos/HoG, All F&B... The only spec that wont feel that is Affliction which only has one AoE spell.. Will be interesting to see if a SB:Seed will snapshot the MF 100% for the corruptions it applies.

We need to make some noise so they rethink MF again and maybe revert it