Balance Stats question

Hello, I spend a lot of time on these forums, haven't posted before though. My question is directed more towards Slippy but anyone who has input is appreciated..

I do a lot of my own number crunching and I'm curious as to what your reasoning/data is for saying 6.5k crit is enough. To me that seems abysmally low... Maybe i'm adding wrong somewhere. I don't have the meta or UVLS yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackjac View Post
    Hello, I spend a lot of time on these forums, haven't posted before though. My question is directed more towards Slippy but anyone who has input is appreciated..

I do a lot of my own number crunching and I'm curious as to what your reasoning/data is for saying 6.5k crit is enough. To me that seems abysmally low... Maybe i'm adding wrong somewhere. I don't have the meta or UVLS yet.
    6.5k crit is pretty low, we've never said it wasn't. The point is that as you trade out crit for haste you're gaining DPS per point, but the more you trade the less per point you'll gain. This is because crit will have a higher value with less of it, mostly due to SS proc waste being marginally reduced.

Therefore, we say 15k haste+crit to ensure you have the baseline amount of crit where swapping will net you close to zero DPS. It'll set you up for when you get better gear (ie. even ToT normals will give you substantially more than 15k haste+crit), but that's essentially the break-even point. Without the meta haste has an even higher value because each point is guaranteed to contribute to the GCD cap and the 10289 haste breakpoint is always apparent (except during hero).

Overall, everyone has to remember that with 15k haste+crit our DPS was/is pretty low anyway, and there's really no way to get around it - we weren't the best DPS for T14 heroics. It's not fun to sit at 5-6k crit rating and have your SS procs be slightly random, but haste provides a steady output for your DPS that isn't RNG based and it's also a very good multi-target stat, which a lot of people either don't realise or don't believe.

Ok, thanks. Ya, i'm sitting at like 10293 haste, and almost 12k crit so. was just bugging me a little, should have figured you were just using it as a starting point. haha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackjac View Post
    Ok, thanks. Ya, i'm sitting at like 10293 haste, and almost 12k crit so. was just bugging me a little, should have figured you were just using it as a starting point. haha
    Need 10296 for the GCD cap. You might as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    Need 10296 for the GCD cap. You might as well.
    GCD is more of an upper cap, not a minimum, though. Those 3 points won't make a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    6.5k crit
    SS proc waste being marginally reduced
    Don't be modest, marginally should be replaced with completely eliminated with 6.5k crit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybb View Post
    Don't be modest, marginally should be replaced with completely eliminated with 6.5k crit.
    Marginally was in reference to a marginal change in crit, since I was talking about a per-point trade.

Ya i got my heroic tier legs off ji kun last night, so i'm over the gcd cap atm by like 200 haste lol. gotta see if i can bring that down at all