Poll: Do you think Bliz will actually nerf KJC?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Now they only have to buff fel flame well enough so that using it on the move isn't too much of a dps loss and thus KJC doesn't become mandatory.

On the other hand they did say at one point that they want to shift some of the MG damage into dots and haunt. That would also work in the sense that KJC isn't mandatory, but that might cause multidotting overpowerness again.

Still waiting for destro ember regeneration changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    Yeah, makes perfectly sense to nerf the whole class because it's terribly overpowered in the actual state and since PTR testing is finished now is the perfect time to act ...
    With so much movement now intended, its hard to argue we need to be outperforming hunters.

Unless AV is getting buffed significantly to outweigh that mobility, that's where we will likely end up.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Maybe speculation on how AV will be modified (or changed) is best suited to your thread on it
    It has always been this way. Still ridicoulously bad except on a pure patchwerk fight with huge dmg spikes. (something like ultraxion, and even then, its still bad)

Quote Originally Posted by darlissa View Post
    Still waiting for destro ember regeneration changes.
    Don't hold Your breath though, as his last "updates" on the matter were:
    Quote Originally Posted by gc
    "I suspect we may rather buff damage than embers, since the latter just turns into spam CB, but we'll see. It's early."
    "Destro shouldn't struggle to get embers, but the point of the rotation is to build up to CB not mash it all the time."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...unning-update/

"In a future PTR build, Kil'Jaeden's Cunning will once again be a passive effect. Selecting it will allow the Warlock to cast Malefic Grasp, Shadow Bolt, and Incinerate while moving. There is no penalty, so you'll be able to move at full speed.

We still feel that the 5.3 version of Kil'Jaeden's Cunning isn't working out, but we don't want to "nerf fun" either. It's clear that many Warlocks simply enjoy the feel of being able to cast on the move, and we'd like to be able to preserve as much of that feeling if possible."

Holy sheet
    yes. oh god yes.

Quote Originally Posted by whi View Post
    Well, if they buff damage rather than ember generation, then it'll be harder to be ember capped, meaning having to interrupt a CB cast won't be as big a deal ... well, at least not as big a deal as if if you're trying to bleed embers while you have immo + RoF on the target and are wasting bits

Still not great, but ... could be worse ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whi View Post
    Yeah, I read that, but spamming CB at a primary target while AoEing secondary adds is fun. They don't want to nerf fun, do they now?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Yeah, I read that, but spamming CB at a primary target while AoEing secondary adds is fun. They don't want to nerf fun, do they now?
    If my 1,2mln Chaos Bolts will translate in half as much 2,5mln Chaos Bolts, I think I'd manage to deal with 'fun' nerf :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    "in a future PTR build, Kil'Jaeden's Cunning will once again be a passive effect. Selecting it will allow the Warlock to cast Malefic Grasp, Shadow Bolt, and Incinerate while moving. There is no penalty, so you'll be able to move at full speed."

Yes , they are crumbling under our voice xD

Deleted
    I'm still worried about arena without being able to move while casting fear..
    Landing a fear on a healer is extremely hard and entirely up to the healer if it's going to happen or not. If the healer makes a mistake while pillar humping, yes you might get a fear off (provided that you can cast while moving), if the healer does not make a mistake, you will not land a fear. Even while being able to cast it while moving.
    Maybe our dots will be so strong that fearing won't matter?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    Maybe our dots will be so strong that fearing won't matter?
    I'm not sure about that, but without the snare on KJC we can at least stay on them, pillars were a whore with the snare, now they're on our side.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagecamia View Post
    Also now that we keep KJC, I expect some nerfs. They did say back when they were going to nerf KJC into the abomination it was, we would be compensated and balanced around the change. I wonder what is next.
    well im still expecting minor buffs, or atleast keep it the way afflic is atleast, as they said that with the change to kjc, the penalty of of taking kjc will be that you dont have monnoroth's fury or archimonde's vengeance, so with that in mind, and the fact that we got our dmg balanced around being able to cast all our spells with old kjc, im expecting buffs.

hmm only real spell that huts to stop was chaosbolt, so i don't know if i get the new kjc, new manaroths fury sounds pretty acceptable, just a mather of how hard they nerf rof ember reg, and where they add it again.

so mutch is getting changed i stop my hopes and wait for 5.4

I feel the recent proposed changes to the talent are more acceptable, but still feel like it needs something else adding to it. Being able to cast just shadow bolt whilst moving doesn't feel enough for a level 90 talent. Shamans get this as baseline with their filler (lightning bolt).

Maybe still include the 60 second cooldown, that allows you to cast everything for 10 seconds. That I would be happy with.
    Last edited by whywhatwhowhenhow; 2013-06-20 at 11:32 AM.

There's been a lot of discussion on the topic of Kil'Jaeden's Cunning in 5.4 (most notably in this thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9282218881 ) but we've got some new info, and since that thread is growing rather large I think it's best to start up a new one.

We've been following all of your feedback very closely, and we're going to try a different approach to Kil'Jaeden's Cunning in 5.4.

In a future PTR build, Kil'Jaeden's Cunning will once again be a passive effect. Selecting it will allow the Warlock to cast Malefic Grasp, Shadow Bolt, and Incinerate while moving. There is no penalty, so you'll be able to move at full speed.

We still feel that the 5.3 version of Kil'Jaeden's Cunning isn't working out, but we don't want to "nerf fun" either. It's clear that many Warlocks simply enjoy the feel of being able to cast on the move, and we'd like to be able to preserve as much of that feeling as possible.

With this change, we can make the "penalty" of taking KJC that you don't have Mannoroth's Fury or Archimonde's Vengeance, which should result in more damage output in cases where movement is less critical (and we're working on some changes to Archimonde's Vengeance that should help with that). We're also still planning on buffing Fel Flame in a way that helps lower the impact to mobility caused by choosing one of those talents over Kil'Jaeden's Cunning, without nerfing it for PvP purposes.

Remember, we're still extremely early in the PTR process. There will be many more changes to the game before the patch goes live.

That's from Lore lastnight. Tbh i'm glad. I'd really like to see UA added to that list but I can live without it. On a side note, I'm a little confused if they are still going to change Fel Flame. Either way it doesn't really matter to me because I only use it maybe once per fight.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonofhyjal View Post
    There's been a lot of discussion on the topic of Kil'Jaeden's Cunning in 5.4 (most notably in this thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9282218881 ) but we've got some new info, and since that thread is growing rather large I think it's best to start up a new one.

We've been following all of your feedback very closely, and we're going to try a different approach to Kil'Jaeden's Cunning in 5.4.

In a future PTR build, Kil'Jaeden's Cunning will once again be a passive effect. Selecting it will allow the Warlock to cast Malefic Grasp, Shadow Bolt, and Incinerate while moving. There is no penalty, so you'll be able to move at full speed.

We still feel that the 5.3 version of Kil'Jaeden's Cunning isn't working out, but we don't want to "nerf fun" either. It's clear that many Warlocks simply enjoy the feel of being able to cast on the move, and we'd like to be able to preserve as much of that feeling as possible.

With this change, we can make the "penalty" of taking KJC that you don't have Mannoroth's Fury or Archimonde's Vengeance, which should result in more damage output in cases where movement is less critical (and we're working on some changes to Archimonde's Vengeance that should help with that). We're also still planning on buffing Fel Flame in a way that helps lower the impact to mobility caused by choosing one of those talents over Kil'Jaeden's Cunning, without nerfing it for PvP purposes.

Remember, we're still extremely early in the PTR process. There will be many more changes to the game before the patch goes live.

That's from Lore lastnight. Tbh i'm glad. I'd really like to see UA added to that list but I can live without it. On a side note, I'm a little confused if they are still going to change Fel Flame. Either way it doesn't really matter to me because I only use it maybe once per fight.
    Fel Flame will have limited use in PVE.
    Still useful in PVP as secondary resource generators/spammable filler. We definitely need a minor glyph to restore dot refresh however.
    I am a little concerned about GCs comment that he doesn't want to see us becoming back peddling fel flame spammers.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    We definitely need a minor glyph to restore dot refresh however.
    Not fussed if major or minor. I'm worried the echo chamber of those very rare Affliction PvE occasions that'll downgrade your DoTs has been overblown and caused what is actually a pretty hefty nerf to Destro/Demo and PVP.

I am kinda confused about all this Fel Flame talk. Why does it still need changed again? Increased damage would be nice cuz who doesn't want free damage buffs. But who still uses FF anyways? I MAYBE use it once per fight, and that's only if I have really weird trinket procs on the pull/on DS mid fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonofhyjal View Post
    I am kinda confused about all this Fel Flame talk. Why does it still need changed again? Increased damage would be nice cuz who doesn't want free damage buffs. But who still uses FF anyways? I MAYBE use it once per fight, and that's only if I have really weird trinket procs on the pull/on DS mid fight.
    The point is that damage on the move should not be that bad, so you can actually pick MF or AV as affliction. Because if KJC still remains used by 99% of the affliction locks in 5.4, the problem isn't really solved, right? And then we will have to face this problem again in 6.0 or w/e.

In other words, dmg on the move should be lower, but not too low, otherwise KJC will be mandatory.

Ideally KJC is a situational talent, used on heavy movement fights.

Deleted
    the only way this fix can be deal with properly, is, not incin being castable while moving, its chaos bolt, think of it this way, if they wont allow chaos bolt be castable on the move, then the damage nerf against players needs to be reverted, mean why have a spell that doesnt hit hard and even more easily interupted from before