Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    First time in a few weeks, I had to recast it on our twins kill.

my tweet to gc mysteriously disappeared..

10+ Year Old Account
    5 freaking times today.
    Would be nice if there was an update or something beyond "Yeah we know".

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Deleted
    One thing i find many people mention when they report it happen a lot, is the healing from evo glyph, I havent personally used that glyph since the nerf to the %heal and i have had under 0.3%(estimate..) fails to invocation. Any of those experiencing this a lot tried swapping out that glyph? still happens ? same ratio of fails ? etc.

i know its properly not that simple, but worth a try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post
    One thing i find many people mention when they report it happen a lot, is the healing from evo glyph, I havent personally used that glyph since the nerf to the %heal and i have had under 0.3%(estimate..) fails to invocation. Any of those experiencing this a lot tried swapping out that glyph? still happens ? same ratio of fails ? etc.

Combustion, inferno blast and armors. Haven't used the evo glyph in a long time. I still have issues almost every day with invocation not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post

Haven't had it happen in weeks but I remember it happening a bit when I had the Evo glyph in, though it happened without the glyph too so while it may happen more frequently with the glyph, it's not just the glyph.

Invocation failed quite often for me last week, but it didn't seem to fail at all over 9 bosses after the Tuesday reset. Hope that's a good sign and not a fluke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last night was probably the worst its been for me. Nearly every other time I had to cast Evo, I had to cast it a second time for it. For bosses and for trash in ToT or just out anywhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    He's already aware and says "it's a tricky thing to fix".

My question is why the fuck aren't we being given some form of alternative? RoP? LOL yeah okay. IW? Now I'm automatically gimping myself.

It's basically just a big middle finger to us.
    As it has always been with LVL 90 talents :P Rop - Arcane, Invo - Frost/Fire PVE, IW - PVP, YEA, VARIETY BITCH!

Just yesterday, I had problems with Invocation when I changed from the SPA trinket to Breath of the Hydra. Switch back and the problems were gone. Could the issue be related to specific haste breakpoints of some kind? The main difference was the static haste on the trinket.

Deleted
    It's really nice, they are changing warlock 90 talents meanwhile mages have the most utterly broken 90 talents: pain in the ass to use them, buggy as hell and not really a choice between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiga View Post
    Just yesterday, I had problems with Invocation when I changed from the SPA trinket to Breath of the Hydra. Switch back and the problems were gone. Could the issue be related to specific haste breakpoints of some kind? The main difference was the static haste on the trinket.
    nah i get it pre fight with no procs going. i would also say the last couple nights this has been a bigger problem then normal.

Deleted
    I thought that it was related with valor point trinket but nah, it was a lucky night. Still getting like 5% miss evocation casting (the worst thing is when you miss 2 times in a row, really frustrating )

Level 90 Mage talents are bloody awful regardless. If I had my way, i'd give Mages an MoP-Warlock-style revamp from the ground up.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Level 90 Mage talents are bloody awful regardless. If I had my way, i'd give Mages an MoP-Warlock-style revamp from the ground up.
    Many mages I know feel this way as well. Unfortunately for us mages Blizzard says they are just fine. One of these days they may come to realize one of the reasons they lose subs is because people feel frustrated with their class only to have Blizzard tell them nothing is wrong.

If it's a haste breakpoint that causes it, then all the haste on your gear matters - it could happen when you equip a trinket with haste or one without..or it could happen when you change spec and haven't cast Frost Armor, but not after. A trinket proc could have the effect of making it happen or preventing it.

Just a theory, but I think the signs fit the symptoms? Since no one can reproduce it 100%, I think the issue requires a latency fluctuation too (or a server hickup of some sort).

I've found that it tends to happen the most in pre-pull scenarios. I've probably had it bug out about 10% of the time on pre-pulls, while only about 5% during combat.

I've got no idea what could cause this, all I know is that it's driving me nuts. One moment seems fine, next fight I find myself chain casting it 4-5 times. I've been trying to ask @Ghostcrawler nicely on Twitter what's going on with the bug, but now I'm starting to lose my patience

Apparently we don't have the technology to fix this super complicated issue yet. Failed for me last night 4 times in a row, a new record.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdommo View Post
    Apparently we don't have the technology to fix this super complicated issue yet.
    Can you pinpoint a specific circumstance in which to recreate the issue 100% of the time, or do you just hope it happens? How do you test that which you can't find? How do you fix that which you can't test?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Can you pinpoint a specific circumstance in which to recreate the issue 100% of the time, or do you just hope it happens? How do you test that which you can't find? How do you fix that which you can't test?
    It's completely random from what I can tell, I'll be fine one night and the next night have to recast over and over. GC already said it was bugged, no reason for me to test it, only to wait for them to fix it. Warlock talents more important than fixing one that is just straight up bugged apparently.