Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    not yet. only the staff & polearm with tokens dropped next week.
    Some pointers to the fight:

flask, food, pots!
    P1
    At start, go all out but don't go chain lightning on the adds. You pretty much need to get go T1 with only 2 shamblers. Fire nova from the adds also helps if everything is on cd. Just make your top priority towards LK.
    T1
    Go atop the stairs, and start slapping the spirit once it comes. Capacitor totem works wonders on Shamblers when they enrage. Position yourself so as the adds are near the throne, while you are "under" them. Well, few steps towards LK. This way the ice orbs shouldnt kick you around. Try aiming so that only one spirit is up after T1, preferably low hp. Use cds when they come up.
    P2
    Finish off the spirit, then the shamblers (they should be around 50% from nova/chains from the T1. Beware when they enrage and remember to throw HR right before P2, so that infest doesnt kill you if the spirit silences you. Remember to keep yourself near max at all times during P1&2 for Infest. That killed me so many times when it came at a bad time. P2 is not hard once adds are down.
    T2
    At T2 I did a bit of dmg to LK while he was in the middle until the first orb spawned and then i ran to the stairs. There just kill the spirits. You should aim at 2 spirits left or less, using cds freely. This one is cheesecake compared to T1.
    P3
    Here you get ported immediately to mourne, just throw HST, HR and searing totem. ST is keeping the spirits in order quite nicely while HR and HST keeps you alive. When there's 2-4s left on timers to get back to LK, pop SBT and Sham rage in case of spirits silencing you immediately. I think I went after LK at this point, keeping myself alive and popping whatever comes from cd. After second mourne phase, I focused on spirits (you could do this on first time, I was just worried about enrage timer). After 3rd mourne I had lust up again and popped all I had and hoped that I would kill him in time.
    Last edited by mmocf1f5ba6e9b; 2013-06-20 at 02:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zandervont View Post
    not yet. only the staff & polearm with tokens dropped next week.
    Some pointers to the fight:

flask, food, pots!
    P1
    At start, go all out but don't go chain lightning on the adds. You pretty much need to get go T1 with only 2 shamblers. Fire nova from the adds also helps if everything is on cd. Just make your top priority towards LK.
    T1
    Go atop the stairs, and start slapping the spirit once it comes. Capacitor totem works wonders on Shamblers when they enrage. Position yourself so as the adds are near the throne, while you are "under" them. Well, few steps towards LK. This way the ice orbs shouldnt kick you around. Try aiming so that only one spirit is up after T1, preferably low hp. Use cds when they come up.
    P2
    Finish off the spirit, then the shamblers (they should be around 50% from nova/chains from the T1. Beware when they enrage and remember to throw HR right before P2, so that infest doesnt kill you if the spirit silences you. Remember to keep yourself near max at all times during P1&2 for Infest. That killed me so many times when it came at a bad time. P2 is not hard once adds are down.
    T2
    At T2 I did a bit of dmg to LK while he was in the middle until the first orb spawned and then i ran to the stairs. There just kill the spirits. You should aim at 2 spirits left or less, using cds freely. This one is cheesecake compared to T1.
    P3
    Here you get ported immediately to mourne, just throw HST, HR and searing totem. ST is keeping the spirits in order quite nicely while HR and HST keeps you alive. When there's 2-4s left on timers to get back to LK, pop SBT and Sham rage in case of spirits silencing you immediately. I think I went after LK at this point, keeping myself alive and popping whatever comes from cd. After second mourne phase, I focused on spirits (you could do this on first time, I was just worried about enrage timer). After 3rd mourne I had lust up again and popped all I had and hoped that I would kill him in time.
    What spec and glyps did you end up going for when you killed it? Saw that Razecog was recommending a AS-UF spec, but on your previous post it said that you got the furthest with EM-PE.

EDIT:
    Congratulations on your kills!

Deleted
    I managed it with EM/PE, with SBT, CoE and Cond

Quote Originally Posted by zwaax View Post
    What spec and glyps did you end up going for when you killed it? Saw that Razecog was recommending a AS-UF spec, but on your previous post it said that you got the furthest with EM-PE.

EDIT:
    Congratulations on your kills!
    Wasn't recommending :P I don't like EM/PE so I always use AS/EotE and UF
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Deleted
    Did u guys clear all the other bosses on 10m N by yourselves and then switch to 25m HC when LK only left?

Deleted
    I certainly wouldn't recommend UF, simply because it does nothing for survivability and LB's don't get cast that much (my prio is heal if you're far enough under max hp, then HR to help stay topped, then LB/CL depending on targets). PE gives you defensive options with the EE (add tank and 20% reduction channel) and offensive options with the FE (aoe and burst dps), while EB sucks no matter what (well I suppose it does more for survival than UF, as it can proc agi/haste/crit)

Echo is weak IMO due to proc strength (ie. unglyphed heals) and reliance on RNG compared to the other 2 talents, AS is nice for the constant haste (worth more or less than EM depending on fight length) plus the extra instant heal (try to use it at MW4 for max effect) and EM is useful as a burst dps or healing CD (more MW with more haste).

Overall though it depends on preference, but some fights do require extreme burst and others have you taking a lot of damage (both of which favour PE). Fights requiring sustained dps without too much damage might allow UF to be more competitive though.
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2013-06-20 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    I certainly wouldn't recommend UF, simply because it does nothing for survivability and LB's don't get cast that much (my prio is heal if you're far enough under max hp, then HR to help stay topped, then LB/CL depending on targets). PE gives you defensive options with the EE (add tank and 20% reduction channel) and offensive options with the FE (aoe and burst dps), while EB sucks no matter what (well I suppose it does more for survival than UF, as it can proc agi/haste/crit)

Echo is weak IMO due to proc strength (ie. unglyphed heals) and reliance on RNG compared to the other 2 talents, AS is nice for the constant haste (worth more or less than EM depending on fight length) plus the extra instant heal (try to use it at MW4 for max effect) and EM is useful as a burst dps or healing CD (more MW with more haste).

Overall though it depends on preference, but some fights do require extreme burst and others have you taking a lot of damage (both of which favour PE). Fights requiring sustained dps without too much damage might allow UF to be more competitive though.
    I know that PE is better, but I don't like using it. Simple as that. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jecht View Post
    Did u guys clear all the other bosses on 10m N by yourselves and then switch to 25m HC when LK only left?
    I did atleast.
    Last edited by Razecog; 2013-06-20 at 05:56 PM.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Deleted
    yep, 10 m. was nothing troubling on them.

Deleted
    http://i.imgur.com/PoPFo0h.jpg

Well I couldnt wait for the weekend so went for a rush and wiped 3 times before the kill.

Awesome tips fellas keep the thread alive!

Deleted

Well I couldnt wait for the weekend so went for a rush and wiped 3 times before the kill.

welcome to the club!

You are now part of the awesome club. Gratz with the kill!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have some problems with Gluth in Naxx25: I can bring him down to around 60% (4mil.) but then he starts eating his zombies and the healing is just insane. I have currently itemlevel 518 and am elemental. Killed Patchwerk in 25man, so my damage should be good.

The zombies follow me whatever I do, I can root them but Gluth eats them regardless...I can't kill the zmbies because the have high HP and will be eaten regardless...any tips for me?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zandervont View Post
    yep, 10 m. was nothing troubling on them.
    i cant switch to 25HC after killing bosses in 10m normal. How did you do that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumb View Post
    i cant switch to 25HC after killing bosses in 10m normal. How did you do that?
    go out, change to 25, go in and at the entrance inside, you should be able to choose hc

Deleted
    You can just burn down Blingtron 3000 if you have around 200-205k dps.

Did it yesterday.

Wanted to try LK 25 HC since I saw someone did it as Ele, but I need to kill him on Normal first. Having a problem with the Necrotic Plague. It keeps one shotting me as I transition into T1. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening and what I can do to prevent it?

Deleted
    You only get the Plague if you let your elemental tank him (which shouldnt happen), since he can only cast it on players which are not flagged as the tank (same with the val'kyr in p2)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just a followup on what I've done so far since the Panda edition.

Ulduar25 Hard Mode edition (rest was done on normal):

-Freya
    -Mimiron
    -Yogg-Saron on 4 Lights.

For some reason, the Thorim tactic doesn't work for me on 25 man, only on 10 man. As soon as Sif starts saying, Thorim already does the Failures orb wipe where as on 10 man, he does it after Sif ends with Thorim, my Lord!. I do not know why there is a difference, but it is present and it makes me unable to do it. I can do it with a level 80 herald char next to it in the arena with the same tactic, as it won't trigger the death orb, but that doesn't count as solo.

I calculated and by the looks of it, if you let Algalon stack you, you have about 85 seconds and with 34.9m health, you need about 440k dps (or 436.5k) in order to beat him. With my 220k burst self buffed, that seems highly impossible for me at this time. Stack dropping gave me more time, but I still lacked way too much DPS, 40% at best.

Yogg-Saron is the first time I attempted today, 4 lights seem pretty doable (I just wanted a fragment ), but I will attempt 1 light next week with Thorim next to me, just to see how much is required and to get used to the insane amount of debuffs.

ICC25:

-Lord Marrowgar. Heroic seems like an impossible feat, he casts Bone Spike during Bone Storm and that does seem to affect you. Reroll goblin and it won't.
    -rest of the bosses I haven't attempted on heroic, except Deathbringer Saurfang. He did too much healing though when the debuff came up and I didn't even hit Frenzy. This was with 150k DPS overall, so it seems a bit more was required for effectiveness. 25-man normal worked though.
    -Festergut and Blood Queen were not possible for me, I simply lacked DPS big time. I haven't done Lich King, but seeing the posts that enhancement did it, I can't let my fellow elemental shammies kick the bucket.

To do list for me:
    -Lich King 25 Heroic
    -Yogg Saron 25 0 lights
    -Al'akir (with Council)
    -Algalon 25
    -Hodir and Iron Council 25 HM
    -Ragnaros (either mode is fine)
    -Madness HC

Quite a list of impossible feats, but I'm burning with the passion of desire and determination!
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    I haven't done Lich King, but seeing the posts that enhancement did it, I can't let my fellow elemental shammies kick the bucket.
    Actually, the first who posted a LK 25h kill here was me and i did it as elemental, after that just all enhancers decided to try it too (it appears that 90% of soloers are enhancer)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santeka View Post
    Actually, the first who posted a LK 25h kill here was me and i did it as elemental, after that just all enhancers decided to try it too (it appears that 90% of soloers are enhancer)
    Maelstrom Weapon says hi.

I'm currently attempting it though, didn't saw your post, I do feel it's doable, but my god >< dunno if I just make it that much harder or I just suck at watching Infest, I think 95% of all my wipes have gone to that.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work