Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    It's not quite diminishing returns in the traditional sense. Strictly speaking, diminishing returns is getting less output from more input (ie: a log curve). Int will still add the same amount of damage as you increase it in a linear fashion, but due to positive feedback adding more Int also increases the damage gained from all other stats (and vice versa). The reason that secondary stats are worth more now is that we essentially have "too much" Int so that the influence of Int on other stats is much greater than how Int is being affected in return.

It's why Int is now worth more in T15 than it was in T14, but the gain is proportionally less than the gain for Haste & Mastery.
    What I'm trying to say Bink is that Yes INT will increase your DPS in a Linear fashion, However as a % of your DPS it will return less and less whereas your secondary stats have a more linear curve e.g. 450 Haste will increase your haste and therefore Theoretically your DPS By 1% No matter how much haste you have, whereas if you have 10000 INT, 100 INT will increase your DPS 1%, whereas when you have 20000 INT 100 more will only increase your DPS .5%.

Im not using perfect numbers of course, just round ones to better explain the math. Your secondary stats will certainly help prop up INT, but the curve remains the same, the Reverse is true as well, more INT will prop up your secondary stats

Quote Originally Posted by Gendori View Post
    What I'm trying to say Bink is that Yes INT will increase your DPS in a Linear fashion, However as a % of your DPS it will return less and less whereas your secondary stats have a more linear curve e.g. 450 Haste will increase your haste and therefore Theoretically your DPS By 1% No matter how much haste you have, whereas if you have 10000 INT, 100 INT will increase your DPS 1%, whereas when you have 20000 INT 100 more will only increase your DPS .5%.

Im not using perfect numbers of course, just round ones to better explain the math. Your secondary stats will certainly help prop up INT, but the curve remains the same, the Reverse is true as well, more INT will prop up your secondary stats
    If you're talking in terms of % increases then everything has diminishing returns. Adding 425 haste rating increases your haste by 1%, but that's only a 0.667% increase when going from 50% haste to 51% haste compared with a 0.8% increase when going from 25% to 26%. This is why it can be somewhat confusing to talk about DPS increases in percentages.

Myselfe i went full mastery sitting @25% Haste and 78% (i think) mastery so amazing on cleave/ aoe on trash before aminus pulled on vurst 1.2 milion dps

Quote Originally Posted by mrinvisable2 View Post
    trash before aminus pulled on vurst 1.2 milion dps
    gotta maximise that trash dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrinvisable2 View Post
    still shows the burst
    That's all well and good, but with the exception of certain fights where adds are a major factor, such as Heroic Horridon / Tortos (bats) / Durumu (walls) / Lei Shen (ball lightning). There isn't a lot of fights where you can bring that massive cleave burst, and even then in certain raid make ups your chance to cleave could be the time span of 2 seconds if you have multiple people bursting the mobs. For example on Tortos for our makeup, you have Chain Lightning, Blade Storm, Mind Sear, and Multi shot going into the bats causing them to be alive only for a split second.

Before I made my gem swaps I looked both into Mastery and Haste simply because while most Shamans were going Haste, Leeds was going Mastery... which made me curious. In the end I gained DPS both ways from changing out of Int gems, but I gained a considerable amount more from Haste over Mastery.

In the end the difference was around 4-8k from Gems when swinging away from Int (for me). Reforging is beyond straight forward with how they made gear.
    In my opinion during progression the gems should be swapped per respective fight but beyond that Haste is of more benefit to gem over Mastery. But again... that's based of my Sims and in game testing... maybe you're different? Although it feels fairly straight forward.

Also judging burst on trash is rather silly in my opinion