Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post
    The only way they could redeem themselves is to give judgement a holy power generation or to have it heal somehow.
    But they'd never do that.
    Or have something else proc SH.

The more I think about it the more stupid this tier of talents is becoming. Literally a bunch of equally unappealing options. I mean like I said there's nothing Blizzard likes better than kicking a class after it's already down, but I never thought it would be this bad.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-06-20 at 06:02 AM.

Deleted
    Hahaha. Unless this is the start of a massive overhaul (in the last tier of an expansion???), we're all but done.

So what class are you planning to play next tier as a backup option guys?

druid rerolling inc?

I'll be rerolling to druid if something doesn't change soon

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup my druid is geared and on standby. I am paladin fan but I gotta do what I gotta do to make my guild move through this shit.

Disc priest second back up if too many druids.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    Yup my druid is geared and on standby. I am paladin fan but I gotta do what I gotta do to make my guild move through this shit.
    Unfortunately mine isn't but it has "something" and is ready. Going to start tonight because this is just stupid.

Transferred my 85 druid, will be leveling this weekend and gearing.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

Is Mistweaver hard to learn?

Quote Originally Posted by chairmanmao View Post
    Is Mistweaver hard to learn?
    HAHA. No, it is not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's try to stay on topic, please.

I know the situation sucks, but dropping to "what alt are you going to go with?" isn't very constructive.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Holy tier 16 bonus - 4 piece - Reduces the cd of guardian, divine favor and avenging wraith by 1 min.

Makes everything line up all neat and perfect. Something which I could get excited about and would be more in line with an end tier 4 piece bonus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    Let's try to stay on topic, please.

I know the situation sucks, but dropping to "what alt are you going to go with?" isn't very constructive.
    'What alt are you going with?' reflects the current state of holy paladin mindset. It's constructive; we need to be able to keep raidspots and in the current state we won't do it with a holy paladin.

In terms of 'constructive', what are you even looking for, a formal paper we can mail direct to blizzard HQ to change their minds? Perhaps some yuri like red alert mind control?

This is essentially a QQ thread on the state of our set bonuses, and holydin viability in general [which as far as I'm aware you've contributed nothing to]. It's not going to fix or change anything; we're fucked. We won't get major new mechanics this late in an expansion, it's slow, its cumbersome, and in the current ptr state it's useless.

for MOST guilds/players [in the ptr's current state], the most constructive thing they can do is have the holydin properly plan a reroll now and not when 5.4 hits.

The tier 14 set bonuses were by far the best in this expansion. The current tier's 4set is weak--so is the 2set, really, but some of the set pieces have our optimized stats. But the t16 2 and 4set are both really weak--not something you expect to see on the last tier of the expansion.

I dislike the odd cd reduction--if they insist on a 4set like this, it should be a 2min cd so it will line up with AW, rather than this awkward 2min 15 sec that will create a 15 second period of time that we can't use AW as we wait for the two of them to line up. 15 seconds is better than a full minute wait, I suppose, but for an end-game 4set, this is a waste of a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyaza View Post
    The tier 14 set bonuses were by far the best in this expansion. The current tier's 4set is weak--so is the 2set, really, but some of the set pieces have our optimized stats. But the t16 2 and 4set are both really weak--not something you expect to see on the last tier of the expansion.

I dislike the odd cd reduction--if they insist on a 4set like this, it should be a 2min cd so it will line up with AW, rather than this awkward 2min 15 sec that will create a 15 second period of time that we can't use AW as we wait for the two of them to line up. 15 seconds is better than a full minute wait, I suppose, but for an end-game 4set, this is a waste of a bonus.
    Assuming you actually mean HA?

Why do you feel like you have to wait for the cooldowns to align?

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    Why do you feel like you have to wait for the cooldowns to align?
    That's a question with a complicated answer, because I don't always align the cooldowns. I like aligning them for periods where heavy burst healing is needed for obvious reasons, but I will also rotate them. It depends on the fight.

With the 4set bonus, however, it makes it *almost* possible to use them both together on cooldown--but that 15 second discrepancy is incredibly awkward. I'm not sure if that really answered your question or not.

---------- Post added 2013-06-21 at 06:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    Assuming you actually mean HA?
    No I would have said HA if I'd meant HA. I very rarely feel the need to pop HA with DF and AW, as it can be a bit of an overkill (doesn't mean I *never* do this, ofc, b/c sometimes it is necessary). I like lining DF and AW up for burst healing to use and then alternate those two with HA (assuming a heavy burst healing fight, like Maegara). Other fights, I rotate the cds a different way. My CD usage is pretty fight dependent.

No I would have said HA if I'd meant HA. I very rarely feel the need to pop HA with DF and AW, as it can be a bit of an overkill (doesn't mean I *never* do this, ofc, b/c sometimes it is necessary). I like lining DF and AW up for burst healing to use and then alternate those two with HA (assuming a heavy burst healing fight, like Maegara). Other fights, I rotate the cds a different way. My CD usage is pretty fight dependent.
    Then your previous post makes no sense since the cd reduction of DF (2:15) more closely aligns it with the HA (2:00) cd. It already lines up perfectly with AW (3:00) so unless you're planning to delay AW to line it up with DF on the third set of cds? That seems awfully convoluted instead of delaying HA for 15 seconds per cycle and lining those up.

You can still get all of them lined up every third with the delayed AW but stacking every 2:15 is still more throughput than staggering HA and lining up AW or whatever thing you're going to be doing.

For anyone playing the home game here, I stack my cds whenever possible with some exceptions I'll stagger but most of the time I don't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    For anyone playing the home game here, I stack my cds whenever possible with some exceptions I'll stagger but most of the time I don't.
    Really depends on the boss for me. For megaera for example I'll almost never use HA and wings together, whereas on durumu the only real damage is in light spectrum so I build 5hp, pop wings and DF, then HA after a EF.

Quote Originally Posted by oggyowl View Post
    Really depends on the boss for me. For megaera for example I'll almost never use HA and wings together, whereas on durumu the only real damage is in light spectrum so I build 5hp, pop wings and DF, then HA after a EF.
    This is a good point really. I would say predominately I stagger my cooldowns to prevent overhealing but on something like Durumu it just makes more sense to stack them.The set bonus, if anything, benefits staggering cooldown fights much better. On a fight like Durumu the reduced cooldown is probably just a waste.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagzz View Post
    Even if Holy Pally throughput is going to be as bad/nerfed as it looks like it will be, holy pallies will still be an almost required thing to have at least 1 in a 25 man setting. At this point the classic HPally/Priest set up for 10 man will probably not be not as good, but whatever.
    Yer, they'll be badly needed to bring all that utility that ret and prot just can't bring to the table.