10+ Year Old Account
    I would expect a similar number of skills as GW2 with ESO. One of their main goals with the combat is to make it so you're paying attention to your UI as little as possible. They want you to focus on what's happening in the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    I would expect a similar number of skills as GW2 with ESO. One of their main goals with the combat is to make it so you're paying attention to your UI as little as possible. They want you to focus on what's happening in the fight.
    Maybe it's just me being used to playing the same character for almost 7 years in a row in WoW, but I used to have around 20 or so binds that I used frequently, plus 10 or so that were situtional, and a few others that were there ''just because''. I never really had any problems with paying attention to ''what I should be paying attention'' (the combat, not having to watch CD's etc).

We all can see how RPG element got rid off in Elder Scrolls. Skyrim is the pinnacle of 'consolization' of the series. The RPG elements got removed for so-called 'action' combat: button mashing "missed-the-moment-by-0,1-sec-and-enemy-decapitates-you" playstyle. That definitely was caused by unreliable save states of consoles and limited control set, and we cannot legitimately consider them a conscious choice.

If the combat is not strategic choice of multiple abilities and is just clicking 3 buttons in certain order, at certain moments, or in certain combination, the game is not [MMO]RPG and is just another fighting game for console (like Fable, Bloodrayne or Kingdoms of A.). They should just relabel themselves as such.
    Last edited by Tackhisis; 2013-06-22 at 07:16 AM.

I suppose the whole endgame thing would cheese me off if I wasn't going to be buying it anyways so I could play Elder Scrolls multiplayer and explore the rest of Tamriel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I suppose the whole endgame thing would cheese me off if I wasn't going to be buying it anyways so I could play Elder Scrolls multiplayer and explore the rest of Tamriel.
    What "endgame thing" are you referring to?

What "endgame thing" are you referring to?
    Probably the 50++ solo content, adventure zone raid bosses, and the instanced raiding zone they are "talking about" implementing.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Probably the 50++ solo content, adventure zone raid bosses, and the instanced raiding zone they are "talking about" implementing.
    But why would that cheese him off?

Maybe he would rather there wasn't end game at all?
    Not sure.

Deleted
    I guess one might think that this is a "cheap" way to offer content to max-level players instead of creating new stuff ...

We don't know much yet, but if they just let us "replay" the other factions quests/events (or whatever they'll call it) with an increased difficulty it would be in fact a cheap way of creating content.
    Let's just hope that there will be faction specific content for each 50+/++ zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    We all can see how MMO element got rid off in Elder Scrolls. Skyrim is the pinnacle of 'consolization' of the series. The RPG elements got removed for so-called 'action' combat: button mashing "missed-the-moment-by-0,1-sec-and-enemy-decapitates-you" playstyle. That definitely was caused by unreliable save states of consoles and limited control set, and we cannot legitimately consider them a conscious choice.

If the combat is not strategic choice of multiple abilities and is just clicking 3 buttons in certain order, at certain moments, or in certain combination, the game is not [MMO]RPG and is just another fighting game for console (like Fable, Bloodrayne or Kingdoms of A.). They should just relabel themselves as such.
    I thought MMO meant MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE.

If there is a massive number of players online, then isn't it an MMO?

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    I thought MMO meant MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE.

If there is a massive number of players online, then isn't it an MMO?
    It's Tackhisis.

Don't bother with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...77x-rH-k#at=47

If you don't want to watch here is the information:

Fishing: Use the type of bait and location you are at influences the type of fish you will be able to catch.
    Fish can be used by Provisioners to create new recipes.
    Cast bait out in water, when bobber goes underwater you reel in the fish.
    Can start off with a basic mount, or different leveled mounts and you decide how you want it to grow with the feeding system. Apples and oats are examples of things to feed them.
    Depending on what type of food you feed your horse it can carry more items for you, sprint longer, or it's natural horse speed might go up.
    Can name your horse and have multiple horses.
    Can't put armor on your horse yourself, but the way it grows and while it levels up it acquires new stuff on it.
    There will not be mounted combat in the game at the moment.
    Your typical megaserver information in that the system is smart and will always try to pair you up with your friends, but it can't all the time since you might have multiple friends. Can move between channels to see your friends if you want too.
    They have a LFG system. Once you discovered a dungeon you can travel to that dungeon at anytime.
    You can be a Jack-of-all-trades in crafting, or you can specialize in two of them if you want.
    There will be a Guild Bank
    Can trade within your own guild and have a big system for it.
    Won't be a guild progression system at launch, but is something they are looking into adding post-launch.
    Sometime soon on elderscrollsonline.com they will add a system where you can add your guild on there and have your guild members join and will be ported in when the game is launched.
    Thinking of adding a mobile app of some kind so you can keep in touch with your friends and guild while no online.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanag View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...77x-rH-k#at=47

If you don't want to watch here is the information:

Fishing: Use the type of bait and location you are at influences the type of fish you will be able to catch.
    Fish can be used by Provisioners to create new recipes.
    Cast bait out in water, when bobber goes underwater you reel in the fish.
    All I need to know is that fishing is in the game. ^_^

Sounds a lot like WoW's fishing... but given the "zones" I'm curious about how diverse the fish are.

Aaaargh, I just want to know more about their zones and at least a word on how gear is going to work........

Please.... anything NEW would do, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish they made the fishing more like a fishing sim game. They could just phase out the fish to other players so there's no harassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanag View Post
    Can trade within your own guild and have a big system for it.
    Why emphasize on this? There will be no trading outside the guild?

I wonder how 3rd person will feel compared to 1st. They added 1st later it seems. I prefer 3rd person, but i felt like even in Skyrim, it was detrimental to be playing in 3rd, or it was just harder to see some things. If both options are fine and comfortable then that'd be great.

Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    I wonder how 3rd person will feel compared to 1st. They added 1st later it seems. I prefer 3rd person, but i felt like even in Skyrim, it was detrimental to be playing in 3rd, or it was just harder to see some things. If both options are fine and comfortable then that'd be great.
    I think I have just been playing 3rd person MMOs for too long because at this point playing in 1st person takes me more out of the game than 3rd does (I know that is totally backwards). I also tend to feel like my sense of direction gets messed up more in 1st which is probably directly related to the fact I like to rotate my camera a lot when I am fighting or running around to see what is around me. But yea if you could have the option of the two (and preferably to zoom fairly far out in 3rd) it would probably be the best solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Why emphasize on this? There will be no trading outside the guild?
    If you watch the interview he said that they wanted to add a dynamic system for in-guild trading. That doesn't mean you can't trade outside of your guild, I was just pointing it out since it was in the interview. Pretty nit-picky.

10+ Year Old Account
    not sure if people saw the interview at E3, but they said mod support for the UI will be available!
    dragonmaw - EU