Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidehoof View Post
    Flex raiding isn't going to be as flexible as some people are assuming. Example, it's going to be tuned closer to normal difficulty than LFR, per ghostcrawler tweet. Also, if there is ONE person different in your group for the week than what you started with, ie. one more person, one less person, or one different person, you have to start all over at the beginning. Flex is going to take up a lot more time than people realize, and could indeed be a disappointment if it ships as planned.
    If it's gonna be between normal and LFR it will still be an absolute faceroll, normal mode is easy as it is. Flex will be for casuals who actually want to do something that has a sense of progression rather than queuing to get gear

---------- Post added 2013-06-22 at 07:54 AM ----------

Also, I don't understand this argument of "I can just do lfr when i want rather than raiding at a specific time". What is the point of doing LFR if you aren't going to do normal raiding? All you do is get bad gear from a total joke of a raiding system.
    And you may be thinking "What's the point of normal mode then, all you do is get gear." You do normal mode so you can progress on heroic mode so you can have cool titles, mounts and gear to show off.

No, Hitorii, that's why you do normal mode. People's reasons differ.

I know one guild that raids normal, and never touches heroic. They raid to raid as a team, and when they're done, they're done.

I know people that raid for the best gear they can get.

I know others that raid to be first on their server.

Me? I've always raided just for something to do. My schedule no longer allows me to do normal, but I can do LFR.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitorii View Post
    And you may be thinking "What's the point of normal mode then, all you do is get gear." You do normal mode so you can progress on heroic mode so you can have cool titles, mounts and gear to show off.
    Fewer people care about your titles, mounts and gear than you imagine.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I like raiding, and I like heroic progression. I love the stress of having to play perfectly or fail. I used to be in a raiding guild but then I took an arrow to the knee but they disbanded and I floated for a while and now I am spoiled from being able to "raid" whenever I please. Gone are the days where I have to set alarms and go through my pre-raid checks I set for myself. I do hate it from time to time, I miss my raid leader yelling at people at the top of his lungs and teaching us the proper way to use profanity lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by grdn View Post
    I'm a retired hardcore gamer and I enjoy LFR since I don't wanna raid in a guild anymore.
    Log in to WoW, click, raid - perfect for people who dislike elitist guilds, logs and dps meters. Yes, there are toxic players from time to time, but they get kicked soon enough. Yesterday I met many cool people in a run, the chat was really fun.

You LFR haters should simply ignore it. No new people for your guild? Abandon elitism and crap meters, this may help
    Well, you could raid in a normal raid, since it tends to be more about having fun.
    Just avoid raids that do normals, calling themself "semi-hardcore", since it's often bad players, with bad attitudes like "officers get loot first", no matter if others benefit more from it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Paladzins View Post
    Why should they do normal raiding, if they get every loot in LFR? 20ilvl is not that rewarding, to do normals.
    And that is blizzards fail.
    20-26 ilvls. You forget thunderforged, which is very normal on 25man, which translates to the minor diffrence of 30-40k dps. it's 25-30% more dps.
    You might say that's not rewarding, but i politely disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidehoof View Post
    Flex raiding isn't going to be as flexible as some people are assuming. Example, it's going to be tuned closer to normal difficulty than LFR, per ghostcrawler tweet. Also, if there is ONE person different in your group for the week than what you started with, ie. one more person, one less person, or one different person, you have to start all over at the beginning. Flex is going to take up a lot more time than people realize, and could indeed be a disappointment if it ships as planned.
    It really doesn't require _one_ to know the diffrence.
    We had a pug with us a couple of days ago, and did the first 7 bosses in good 2 hours. Just stopped up before each boss and told the diffrence between our version and lfr.
    He was fairly competent at not standing in fire(low dps though), but one person doesn't matter that much on normal now. It will matter even less in flex.
    Basically just a pug-tank that can mess things up for real.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

I don't care about the gear. I am probably one of the few people who really does just do "LFR for the content".

I'm an adult with a demanding job and not a lot of time. Back in BC, I could devote many hours to learning and downing bosses with my guild since we were basically kids on summer break, but these days I honestly cannot. I don't have the time or patience, especially when it comes to a video game.

LFR fits my niche and my demographic perfectly. Call me bad, or casual, or whatever you want. I really don't care. I have more important things to do.

I still get to enjoy the game at my own pace.

I work late evening into early morning. East coast, USA

Hard to find many non LFR raids going on between 4-8 AM

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitorii View Post
    If it's gonna be between normal and LFR it will still be an absolute faceroll, normal mode is easy as it is.
    If that's the case. why did 35% of raiding guilds, defined as guilds that actually bothered to register themselves online AND then proceeded to kill the first boss in T15, hit a brick wall at the second boss in the 12-boss tier?

I'm thinking, if something is easy, it's not something that 35% of the people trying to do it can't complete after 2 months of trying.

But what is your definition of easy? It's "easy" getting shot in the head when 30% of the time the bullet doesn't kill you and instead leaves you as one of those window-licking players you no doubt are complaining about in some other thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    LFR = instant gratification without any skill, gear or time involved, which is what most players want, not to mention most players would lack some of the 3 requirements or all of them at the same.
    Don't kid yourself. LFR is simply a progression path to take. If LFR didn't exist, people that don't raid wouldn't have anything to do.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    20-26 ilvls. You forget thunderforged, which is very normal on 25man, which translates to the minor diffrence of 30-40k dps. it's 25-30% more dps.
    You might say that's not rewarding, but i politely disagree.
    I think one thing he is right, rewards in LFR are too great, its not the ilvl, its the itemization. Itens like Horridon´s Last Grasp, Wushoolay, Breath of hydra are too good to be in LFR. There should and will be Normal/Heroic exclusive itens. Blizzard already sad that.
    About ilvl, 20 ilvls is much more then you think, its 1 and half tier. My Disc Priest alt have 17,5k int with 504 ilvl. My Resto Druid main, have 27k int with 533 ilvl, its a huge diference with thundergorged itens and stuff.

Some people really can´t fit a schedule and are too busy. Most people just can´t find a guild, cause are too lazy or simple don´t care, as i already said, there are guilds that raid 8-9 hours/week with good/perfect heroic progression. Guilds that raid 2 days/week and are already 13/13H.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    And through all of this crap that is the random bundle that we call LFR people STILL choose to abandon Raid Guilds for LFR, so why?
    Because I can no longer play enough to commit to even a 2-3 day raiding guild. Simple.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Simple.

1. I don't have to fill out a job app.
    2. I don't have to schedule my time around 9-24 other ppl.
    3. I don't have to listen to some 13 yr old rage over vent.
    4. I don't have to share loot with 9-24 other ppl.

Guilds and /trade raids would try and filter people with the chicken or the egg routine pre-lfr. Now the same stuck up pricks cannot fill out their roster and the same people that never got to raid can giggle and que. I say make LFR gear on par with normal mode since you want people playing together.
    That. So much that. Being in a raiding guild is like a job. I already have one and it gives me money. I play when I feel like it, not because it's pre-planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    I don't care about the gear. I am probably one of the few people who really does just do "LFR for the content".

I'm an adult with a demanding job and not a lot of time. Back in BC, I could devote many hours to learning and downing bosses with my guild since we were basically kids on summer break, but these days I honestly cannot. I don't have the time or patience, especially when it comes to a video game.

LFR fits my niche and my demographic perfectly. Call me bad, or casual, or whatever you want. I really don't care. I have more important things to do.

I still get to enjoy the game at my own pace.
    Trust me my friend, you are far from part of a small few who truly enjoy the LFR experience. Count me in too =)

Because i don't have enough time for some other kind of raiding

Would be interesting to see what the age range to all this is

I get the feeling old gits like me in the over 30 range are prolly more pro LFR than people in the teens to twenties range

Nearly every reply has been its cause of work or other life commitments like my response so i really would guess that age has alot to do with it

Deleted
    The only positive to lfr is you can queue for it whenever you feel like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Norbac View Post
    If it were that easy, LFR would not exist.
    haha, Ur so right!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody who does normal or heroic modes is worried about what's going on in LFR, except for the first couple weeks of the expansion.

I think LFR is pretty much like everything else cross-realm, you know what you're getting into ahead of time, proceed with caution. Don't like it? Don't use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    My situation.....

I have a 22 month old girl and i am four months pregnant with my second child.
    my play times are usually between 2pm - 4:30pm while daughter sleeps.
    However i cant really use this time for anything 'dedicated' as far as concentration goes, as my bf gets home from work roughly 3:15pm.
    And nothing pisses him off more than him getting in and i'm buried in the game, and dont tear myself away for 10 minutes to give him a hug/cuppa/ask how his day was.
    after daughter wakes up, its on with making dinner, getting her showered and in bed, a bit of housework done, maybe watch an hour or so of TV while she tires herself out, until maybe 9pm when she goes to bed. sometimes she doesnt go till 10, depends on the sugar intake slipped to her by the grandmother >.<
    this totally excludes the fact that with kids, shit happens (literally sometimes :P ) missing raid nights due to child illness, injury, temper tantrums, 'sorry guys, need to go shop, just ran out of nappies' etc. cant see it going down too well tbh.
    If we both decide to log back on, my bf only gets an hour before he need to be off to bed since he has early starts, after 11 i have to play 'silent mode' as he complains i type too loudly and keep him awake. This is only a problem because atm we're stuck living with my mum till we can find a place of our own (saving deposit >.<) so our pc's are in our bedroom

this is all assuming a daily basis. If this was a daily basis, me and my family would have no clean clothes to wear, living in a dirty house with a jungle for a garden, since at some point in my day i need to find time to 'play housewife', which invariably means i dont get to play by the above hours described, on a daily basis.

Being pregnant again comes with its own problems (for me personally) i suffer regular headaches, some becoming migraines. I have problems with my siatic nerve in my right leg, so i cant sit for long, and the usual, using the loo every half an hour >.< When baby is born, i'll be 'awol' for at least 2 months while struggling to sleep around the 'feeding every 2 hours' schedule and still trying to keep a normal routine for my girl.
    Not to mention, if me and my bf find a place soon, we'll be moving out, which is a massive interruption in itself, and then inevitably waiting to be reconnected to the internet.

naturally me and the bf come as a pair, resto shammy+warlock. so our schedule looks something like this:
    mon: me - 2-4:30ish me+bf - 9/10ish-11pm
    tue: me - 2-4:30ish me+bf - 9/10ish-11pm
    wed: me - 2-4:30ish me+bf - 9/10ish-11pm
    thur: me - 2-4:30ish me+bf - 9/10ish-11pm
    fri: me - 2-4:30ish me+bf - 9/10ish-11pm
    sat: me - 2-4:30ish me+bf - 9/10ish-11pm
    sun: me - 2-4:30ish me+bf - 9/10ish-11pm

all of which is subject to change with virtually no notice given

you think you can find me a guild thats ok with this?

Deleted
    Why it's so hard to answer to OP with "I do LFR because I like it!"?

I DO LFR because I like it. It's perfect for me and my personal satisfaction. And even with all the reasons (I know then, my schedule is random as fuck and I got tired of hardcore raiding), they don't really matter because they concern only to ourselves and no one else. It's not that the game doesn't give everyone choices, but NO ONE has to say a word about MY choice. Simple as that.

Some day people will start understanding that we should concern about bigger issues and not what so other guy/girl do with their pleasure time.