https://twitter.com/AMDRadeon/status/347803712930070529

Big news for CrossFire! We plan to release our driver that delivers improved multi-GPU frame pacing on July 31. More info soon.
    About fucking time.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay..
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    didn't they say that about all the previous drivers aswell? or did they just not see it as an actual issue?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    didn't they say that about all the previous drivers aswell? or did they just not see it as an actual issue?
    Nop, this is a highly specific driver aimed at reducing the insane frame latency spikes that crossfire experiences.

Your last bit is correct, before this AMD simply didn't see it as an actual issue because tools like FCAT and frame rating weren't part of benchmarking practices and Fraps FPS meant everything. Now that micro-stutter can actually be MEASURED, shit just got real for AMD because the benchmarks painted a rather alarming picture.

Releasing HD7990 months before releasing their official frame-rating driver really wasn't a smart move and resulted in some pretty terrible HD7990 reviews lol.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

I wonder how many letters will be sent to reviewers requesting that they take a second look at the 7990 as well as 7950/7970 CFX with the new driver.

Challenge Accepted!
    "Dear Anand, I'm writing you because of.."

In seriousness, some Driver-reviews are likely to happen. A re-review though? Eh, doubt it.

Deleted
    I wonder how many letters will be sent to reviewers requesting that they take a second look at the 7990 as well as 7950/7970 CFX with the new driver.
    even if AMD pulls it off i think the amount of extra testing would be minimal at best.
    just having the general BF3 test redone orso by techpowerup but not much more is what i'm guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    even if AMD pulls it off i think the amount of extra testing would be minimal at best.
    just having the general BF3 test redone orso by techpowerup but not much more is what i'm guessing.
    Why not? They did a review of Catalyst 12.11 which was the biggest performance increase this far, this new driver is a big deal so I don't see why they wouldn't treat it the same.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Oh come on, you forgot about me! :S

Joking, nobody was really making "fun of you" in that kind of sense, t'was just random comments because we knew you were a bit iffy about your case....when someone brings up their dislike/annoyance for something they own, it's fun to rub it in their face (a bit more) :P

Now enjoy that Fractal case you sexy drummer.
    I knew you guys were fucking around. I made it very clear several times... yet you guys still went on ignoring that fact. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Thank god. I nearly lost my external hard drive and ~1 terabyte of anime.

http://i.imgur.com/UROqxvG.jpg

I ripped it out of its shell and wiggled some bits, now it can be seen (but only by my laptop for whatever reason) and only in a very specific position (took me nearly an hour of trying to get it to pick up where it is now). So im terrified to move anything for fear it will never work again, and i'm letting everything transfer to my new external i just picked up. I'm just praying it lasts until its done, ive got so much unwatched stuff on there.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I lost 1TB of anime (with no backups) I would go truly fucking psycho. With the connection and data caps here that's like 1 year of work gone. I would honestly just sit there and cry.

Got a 4TB NAS backing up ~800'ish GB, another 4TB internal HDD with the original files and more copies of random stuff strewn around some portable drives and the primary 1TB.

Wish you the best of luck on recovering everything man.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2013-06-23 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    If I lost 1TB of anime (with no backups) I would go truly fucking psycho. With the connection and data caps here that's like 1 year of work gone. I would honestly just sit there and cry.

I have a 4TB NAS backing up ~800'ish GB, another 4TB internal HDD with the original files and more copies strewn around some portable drives and my primary 1TB.

Wish you the best of luck on recovering everything man.
    Yeah, I lost roughly 400gb of anime. I've managed to recover "some" although I dont know which series and how much of em because the recovery program is very unorganized due to renaming all the files to "file 1, file 2, file 3"
    etc etc >.> so frustrating.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

i had a friend over to have a bit of a marathon. neither of us had been following attack on titan so we caught up on that (downloaded) and then decided to watch madoka magica which was on my external. Pulled it out and thats how i found out. we both went into extreme panic mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mmm I need to get Madoka Magica.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree with you. I thought something was off about this from the day they announced it. No way Microsofts marketing was this daft, there had to be some sort of idea behind this. Which was blatantly obvious the moment they made a 180. 9gag-crowd is easily manipulated, and judging the sales they've already forgot about it in the light of the recent, as you put it, "they listened to the gaming community"-gesture. I say gaming community knowing it doesn't represent actual gamers, yet they make up the majority so their behavior is what ultimately determines the outcome. XBone will sell.. allot. Despite there being better alternavites. (Smart-TV, PC).

Also played the game "Remember me", not completely finished. But it gives me the same vibe as "Beyond Good & Evil". I really like it, despite the mixed reception. Best points of the game are the level design (atmosphere), voice acting of the main character and the story.
    Combat is somewhat average, but it works well. Platforming is the weakpoint, yet i fear this is a necessary evil due to the linear design of the levels. I hope, unlike BGE, this IP doesn't get shelved.
    Definitely worth the buy when it's on sale. (i got it cheap)

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...C61EB8DC91201/
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...60BF1D5525EFD/
    http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...82A2BE1671CDE/

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/re...iew_id=3237767
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2013-06-23 at 10:17 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are complaining about losing something you can just retorrent from the internet.

Meanwhile, I lost all of my personal data (old pictures, videos, poetry/song lyrics, stories, tons of other documents) that is, about 90% of it nowhere on the internet, on my two drives.

Boy, anime sure sounds important though.

Be glad you only maybe lost some anime.

Sure it's a lot, but that's why we sleep/have jobs/have school to go to, so you can just torrent while you're away. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Off-site FTP-back up.
    The least unsafe thing I can think of atm.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    You guys are complaining about losing something you can just retorrent from the internet.

Meanwhile, I lost all of my personal data (old pictures, videos, poetry/song lyrics, stories, tons of other documents) that is, about 90% of it nowhere on the internet, on my two drives.

Boy, anime sure sounds important though.

Be glad you only maybe lost some anime.

Sure it's a lot, but that's why we sleep/have jobs/have school to go to, so you can just torrent while you're away. :P
    Problem for me at least is that I havent watched more than half of what I had and I cannot remember the names, it's easy to torrent if you know what the thing is called lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    Problem for me at least is that I havent watched more than half of what I had and I cannot remember the names, it's easy to torrent if you know what the thing is called lol.
    Just saying - if you can't remember what you lost, it can't have been that important.

Just saying - if you can't remember what you lost, it can't have been that important.
    Perhaps, but with that quantity of anime it's hard to remember every single name, moreso with those that i hadn't had a chance to watch yet, which is at least 50% of it.

To add: I'm not talking like 10-20 anime series at 1080p, by my estimate I had at least 50-60 different series.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2013-06-24 at 06:21 AM.