Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Follow up question:
    Why do you keep returning to WoWs arguably biggest fansite if you loathe the current game?

Something incredibly ironic about people complaining about a worsened community while they keep returning to vomit all over the game every chance they get here.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

a few things, guild breaking up, the same old grind, grind exp, grind mats, grind rep, grind dungeons.
    Didn't like how enhance played for cata even if it did do more damage, continued dumbing down of talent trees.
    dungeon finder was fucking depressing, personally if i go into a dungeon i don't just sit there like a tard and do the bare minimum like many others seemed to.
    Achievements(ocd points) hold no interest for me.
    might have came back for mists but nope...nothing new to break up the grind and Pokemon, a LFR tool, lfg x 2 or more, no thanks, and even more simplistic talent trees.

No compulsion to go back...even if they do something good for the next xpac, would have a look at their next mmo if it ever comes out but i won't hold my breath

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I like that, i like that alot
    I like you too, let's hook up?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Follow up question:
    Why do you keep returning to WoWs arguably biggest fansite if you loathe the current game?
    because there is more to the site than WoW and that is where i post now if at all

Follow up question:
    Who exactly are you talking to?

You should realize that not everyone who still browses this forum still plays the game.

Flip a switch heroic raids
    Heroic dungeons being dumped down to a 15 min point farm
    LFD
    LFR
    The death of the community (Heavily tied to the above)

Some of these things i could accept in Wrath... but in Cata it just become horrible. LFR was what broke the camels back for me. And the addition of heroic raiding also... i despise the principle. I came back for MoP, but the game has turned into something that i simply do not enjoy anymore.

Follow up question:

Something incredibly ironic about people complaining about a worsened community while they keep returning to vomit all over the game every chance they get here.
    I check mmo champ every now and then to see where the game is going. I played a lot in vanilla and tbc and it's not easy just to "forget" wow...it was a big time investment and part of my life at the time.

I don't think I'm bashing anyone, since I don't post very often...but it's a very different game than it was in 2004-2008ish and you can't expect that there won't be criticism for that.

I quit playing for about 6 months starting last September. It was mostly because of a combination of things:

1. Was sick of Dragon Soul. I already didn't care much for DS anyway, but there was a really long time between Dragon Soul and MoP's release, which made it worse. I'd already been actively raiding since early BC at that point without ever having taken a good break from the game anyway, so I was pretty burned out.

2. My guild of 6 years fell apart. Mostly due to a bunch of different individual problems with our core raiders (one of them got married, 3-4 others, including our raid leader and main tank, had work schedules changed that interfered with raid times, etc). We never really managed to recover from that, and it didn't help that we played on a dead server where it was difficult, if not impossible, to replace the raiders we lost. The rest of us tried to keep things moving, but it didn't work. After having been with that guild since BC, I didn't feel like starting over elsewhere.

I came back in March or so this year and joined a friend's guild as a more casual, non-raiding player, and I've been enjoying things a lot more. The game is a lot nicer when I can just play whenever I feel like it instead of feeling obligated to log on and be prepared at raid times. I never left because I hated anything about the game at all. Just needed a break.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-06-22 at 04:23 PM.

Follow up question:
    Because more than half of all the topics and discussions on this forum has absolutely nothing to do with WoW. And if WoW suddenly does a 180 and becomes good again (What i would consider good), i could maybe return. But for now, we vomit over every choice made by blizzard that brings the game further away from what we loved, instead of returning it to what we (I atleast) would consider WoW's glory days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by connectz View Post
    I don't think I'm bashing anyone, since I don't post very often...but it's a very different game than it was in 2004-2008ish and you can't expect that there won't be criticism for that.
    That's true enough. It's fair to say that if the game hadn't changed much in over five years there would be criticism for that too. Such is life.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Follow up question:

He tells you why he visits here in the first post. Quitting the game and loathing it are two, completely, different things, honestly try reading the thread before commenting it contains some incredibly useful feedback for Blizzard.

Wow is like a commitment now, if you want to be decent at the game you need to spend a lot of hours playing, and i just dont have that kind of time anymore to waste playing video games. Also its just not fun for me anymore, so why play a game that doesnt bring you any entertainment.

I haven't quit, but the main thing keeping me playing is the fact that it's a good past-time for me and my girlfriend, who currently live very far apart. That said, if the new FF MMO turns out to be good, then i'll certainly convert us. We're loving the amount of character customization thus far; which leaves me baffled as to why WoW has so little.

Deleted
    1. Recycled content - raids, dungeons, boss models, mounts, etc. This always got on my nerves, considering how much money Blizzard rakes in and how easily they could hire a few more designers. I'm sure there's a lot of extremely talented people out there who would love to work on WoW.

2. Huge gaps between content - having to wait 8+ months between patches gets old. They seem to have picked up the slack in MoP, though.

3. Considerable dumbing down of content - especially 5-mans. TBC was the sweet spot for me - and it's not just nostalgia talking. They were simply more fun and required awareness and teamwork. It felt more rewarding doing a good Shadow Labs run than facerolling your way through a small dungeon really fast and then having everyone leave the group without saying a word the instant the run is over.

4. Making everything accessible to anyone. Even though I have never been at the high end of PvE, I preferred it when the top stuff was out of reach unless you were a serious player who was committed to the game - seeing the main tanks of top guilds wearing armor that no one else had, stuff like that.

5. The community is unfriendly and full of people who are rude, disrespectful and who generally make the game toxic. The default behavior of players these days is to act like a douchebag thanks to the lack of consequences afforded by the ability to queue using dungeon finder, LFR etc. Back in the day you still had this kind of behavior from time to time, but generally people were more friendly, helpful and easy to get along with because if you became the douchebag of the server, nobody would play with you.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    That's true enough. It's fair to say that if the game hadn't changed much in over five years there would be criticism for that too. Such is life.
    Of course, I agree with that. I don't think that wow should have ever stayed in a static limbo. But for me personally, and the people that I played with the biggest change that drove us away was to the philosophy of the game. I could write a hundred arguments that people here throw around all day, but in the end if felt that we were no longer the target audience for WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Over-simplification of everything in game, Pandas, Pokemon, Farmville, their 2011 Blizzcon announcements, catering to casuals, lack of exclusivity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

I found a better looking girlfriend than my female blood elf paladin and that was it !

10+ Year Old Account
    My friends all steadily leaving the game.

And running LFR. All six of them. On four characters.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

I was initially put off by cataclysm ruining the old world and turning it into a retard-friendly joyride that made lvling annoying and boring; I felt pvp was shattered to bits by cataclysms changes to it, I also think changes made to tanking and healing, and generally class homogenization from WOTLK and into cataclysm made the game less fun. (along with a bunch of other things). However, the dealbreaker was when the lore was utterly ravaged and raped beyond recognition by MoP, so that ultimately drove me away.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to RBG and couldn't get on a decent team without that stupid OP trinket with a microscopic drop rate on ridiculously ginormous loot table. Ran DS on Heroic & LFR every week for 6 months, dang thing finally dropped, a LFR troll snagged it and went TROLOLOLOL before he sharded it in front of everyone. I wasn't about to do it for another 6 months to get another chance at it only for it to be obsolete by then.

That tore it for me - the whole you're "good" this season because you got a lucky drop and "bad" the next season cuz you didn't. Screw that noise.
    Valar morghulis