Rolling blood issues @ Unholy DK

Good day, I just wanted to clarify the strange thing I'm not getting with this talent.
    For some bosses where this talent is extremely viable, it replaces the DoTs on the main target. The most obvious examples are Horridon, Tortos, Lei Shen.

Situation 1-taking Tortos example. I'm melee so 95% of the time I'm just tunneling the boss. If there are bats kiting nearby (2yards from boss head) and I will use pestilence/blood boil, nothing will happen. However, if I'll switch to bats when they're 13 yards away from head and spread the diseases-it will get the boss head and will reapply my dots(from good one to shit one, obviously). Same thing with horridon-you cannot spread diseases on someone 5y near to horridon, but can break diseases by someone 15 yards far from him. As I understand that, it happens because of the differences of the hitbox(i mean, the distance from where you can melee attack the boss). When you're trying to spread diseases from someone, it calculates the distance from the center of the boss to any hitbox in 10 yard around. It will explain that when I'm spreading dicease from add(2y hitbox range) to boss(20 y hitbox range), I just getting the edge of the boss hitbox, but in reverse my pestilence not even going outside of the boss. Am I understanding that correctly?

Situation 2-Lei Shen. Logically, if you're using pestilence on the fights with lots of adds, it is not placing the DoTs back to your main target. On lightning ball phace, however, pestilence triggered by blood boil will reapply the diseases on the boss, even if you was not switching the target from Lei Shen. Is that intended or I'm doing something wrong? I got used to switch off the rolling blood and use old UH AoE method to not to lose strong UH diseases
    Can someone please explain to me these two situations, if I'm understanding them correctly, or not? How can I improve my blood boil usage? Should I get rid of it? Any tips or advises are more than welcome, thank you
    and the last question, just a question basically leads to nowhere and not related to the topic-legendary meta gem buffs us slightly or so-so?

Deleted
    Blood boil picks the disease from your -closest- target, not the one you are targeting as pestilence does. So a worse disease might go to your 'main' target.

Generally Roiling Blood is viewed as subpar for unholy, Blight is better (really the only choice).

If I didn't read your post right, sorry. Been up too long

Quote Originally Posted by Minoan View Post
    Good day, I just wanted to clarify the strange thing I'm not getting with this talent.
    For some bosses where this talent is extremely viable, it replaces the DoTs on the main target. The most obvious examples are Horridon, Tortos, Lei Shen.

Situation 1-taking Tortos example. I'm melee so 95% of the time I'm just tunneling the boss. If there are bats kiting nearby (2yards from boss head) and I will use pestilence/blood boil, nothing will happen. However, if I'll switch to bats when they're 13 yards away from head and spread the diseases-it will get the boss head and will reapply my dots(from good one to shit one, obviously). Same thing with horridon-you cannot spread diseases on someone 5y near to horridon, but can break diseases by someone 15 yards far from him. As I understand that, it happens because of the differences of the hitbox(i mean, the distance from where you can melee attack the boss). When you're trying to spread diseases from someone, it calculates the distance from the center of the boss to any hitbox in 10 yard around. It will explain that when I'm spreading dicease from add(2y hitbox range) to boss(20 y hitbox range), I just getting the edge of the boss hitbox, but in reverse my pestilence not even going outside of the boss. Am I understanding that correctly?

Situation 2-Lei Shen. Logically, if you're using pestilence on the fights with lots of adds, it is not placing the DoTs back to your main target. On lightning ball phace, however, pestilence triggered by blood boil will reapply the diseases on the boss, even if you was not switching the target from Lei Shen. Is that intended or I'm doing something wrong? I got used to switch off the rolling blood and use old UH AoE method to not to lose strong UH diseases
    Can someone please explain to me these two situations, if I'm understanding them correctly, or not? How can I improve my blood boil usage? Should I get rid of it? Any tips or advises are more than welcome, thank you
    and the last question, just a question basically leads to nowhere and not related to the topic-legendary meta gem buffs us slightly or so-so?
    Don't use Rolling Blood on Lei Shen unless you don't care about losing your buffed DoTs.

The hitbox issue you describe seems to be pretty much the same as the issue I have when I'm tanking at horridon. I would love to keep diseases on horridon that I can then easily spread to the adds but the hitbox issue makes that nearly impossible without tanking the adds INSIDE horridon.

Quote Originally Posted by Abominae View Post
    Blood boil picks the disease from your -closest- target, not the one you are targeting as pestilence does. So a worse disease might go to your 'main' target.

Generally Roiling Blood is viewed as subpar for unholy, Blight is better (really the only choice).

If I didn't read your post right, sorry. Been up too long

Roiling Blood is fine and even likely optimal for unholy. If you are in a situation where you are worried about overwriting your diseases on your main target, UB has the same problems as Roiling Blood. Only untalented truely solves that issue.

As for general aoe, roiling blood is worth 1 blood rune off your general aoe as it saves you a pestilence. UB saves you one or two runes from untalented because you don't apply or spread your diseases. However its cd is so long it isn't good for sustained or frequent aoe. It really depends on the fight and your group comp. ( symbiosis and UB is a great combo.

Just as a reminder: Symbiosis should only be used if you can keep your festerblight target out of their range. It reapplies diseases every few seconds over 30s and you can't really stop it.

And btw, everytime someone writes rolling blood over roiling blood, someone kills a kitten.

If the issue with Rolling Blood is just that it applies from "nearest target out", can't simply moving close as hell to the main Festerblight target be the simple solution? I know not ideal for all but in theory is possible to do isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    Just as a reminder: Symbiosis should only be used if you can keep your festerblight target out of their range. It reapplies diseases every few seconds over 30s and you can't really stop it.

And btw, everytime someone writes rolling blood over roiling blood, someone kills a kitten.

Quote Originally Posted by boombeef View Post
    If the issue with Rolling Blood is just that it applies from "nearest target out", can't simply moving close as hell to the main Festerblight target be the simple solution? I know not ideal for all but in theory is possible to do isn't it?

Dead kitten.

Quote Originally Posted by boombeef View Post
    Yes. But since WoW is a little bitch when it comes to "what target is nearest" I wouldn't recommend it. Sometimes it uses the centre of the mob, sometimes it uses the hitbox.

If you wanna jeopardize your Diseases stay with RB. If you want safety for a miniscule DpS loss spec out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    Just as a reminder: Symbiosis should only be used if you can keep your festerblight target out of their range.
    Incorrect. You can dismiss the Mushroom with the following macro as Unholy:
    Code:
    /click TotemFrameTotem1 RightButton
    This basically makes it a ground-targetable AoE pulsing Outbreak that you can terminate whenever you want to.
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2013-06-23 at 04:52 PM.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Incorrect. You can dismiss the Mushroom with the following macro as Unholy:
    You still don't want symbiosis to refresh your festerblight diseases, don't you?

I know about the macro, hence the 'really' in my post.