Exclamation Maximizing damage on H Lei Shen (10m)

hey guys. for this fight i'll be playing demo and i just wanted to know any ways i could min/max my damage output for the fight and practice such while wiping on progression.

what are good glyphs or talents i could use? and is full haste build good or should i go mastery w/ haste breakpoint?

i know that i should save fury for lightning balls then use immo aura, 2x Chaos wave then CS and void ray until they die.

i can't post my armory but if you want to look at it just look up Wzrdy on mal'ganis US servers.

thanks in advance

Pretty sure your best bet it mastery with breakpoint.

I'm not sure how beneficial GoSac is on Lei Shen though. Serv is nice for the FG storm every minute and double FG storm every other.

If you notice the balls aren't really a problem for your group, it may not be worthwhile to pool fury for it. Seeing as its 10 man though and you're demo, you probably will need to pool fury for balls.

Dark bargain is a must. When you get a static shock on you in transition, pop dark bargain and tell people to get the hell away from you. Then, right before the shock lands, Unending Resolve. Then, right before the dark bargain starts ticking, Twilight Ward. You may want to pop a healthstone there also to help your healer out.

Put a portal from the pillar to mid on the quadrant that will have the most trouble with Helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Pretty sure your best bet it mastery with breakpoint.

I'm not sure how beneficial GoSac is on Lei Shen though. Serv is nice for the FG storm every minute and double FG storm every other.

If you notice the balls aren't really a problem for your group, it may not be worthwhile to pool fury for it. Seeing as its 10 man though and you're demo, you probably will need to pool fury for balls.

Dark bargain is a must. When you get a static shock on you in transition, pop dark bargain and tell people to get the hell away from you. Then, right before the shock lands, Unending Resolve. Then, right before the dark bargain starts ticking, Twilight Ward. You may want to pop a healthstone there also to help your healer out.

Put a portal from the pillar to mid on the quadrant that will have the most trouble with Helm.
    how much farther ahead are we talking here? i usually play haste with gosac and i've watched other warlocks (like xyronic) do around 200k at the end of the fight with gosac and haste, but then again he is 25man and i'm not sure if the damage would be the same or not, i assume there would be more balls to aoe so idk.

should i spec into shadowfury for an extra stun on the balls or go with mortal coil for a heal incase i need one?

also, twilight ward absorbs the dot left over from DB? i never knew that, thanks for the tip

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wzrdy View Post
    how much farther ahead are we talking here? i usually play haste with gosac and i've watched other warlocks (like xyronic) do around 200k at the end of the fight with gosac and haste, but then again he is 25man and i'm not sure if the damage would be the same or not, i assume there would be more balls to aoe so idk.

should i spec into shadowfury for an extra stun on the balls or go with mortal coil for a heal incase i need one?

also, twilight ward absorbs the dot left over from DB? i never knew that, thanks for the tip
    more adds and more shadowflame dots = more aoe = more dmg

Yep, its shadow damage.

thanks for your reply's guys, i'll definitely try these out.

is it worth it to use frag belt since im engineering? i heard the damage is actually worth it if you use it in meta on CD.
    Last edited by Wzrdy; 2013-06-23 at 10:20 PM.

Deleted
    Heavy mastery on this fight is really good and if you dont have dks who mass grips then you should go mannoroth, Goserv is the better choice over gosac on this boss aswell. everlasting affliction is very good since doom will tick during the transitions and give you wild imps. I usually use imp swarm on 66% and 31% aswell to get plenty of imps going into the next phase. Dark bargain for solo soaking is very nice aswell. Aoeing the balls sometimes u want to chaos wave and sometimes u want to use guldan x2 instead. If you have high fury or cds up then u should use chaos waves. Chaos waves are the best if u have dks who grips the balls in since they die much faster and shadowflame wont tick for the full duration. My guild dosen't have a dk so when the ball spawns I ''precast'' 2x hand of guldans so the balls gets hit right when they jump into the raid and I get more time aoeing.

---------- Post added 2013-06-24 at 12:23 AM ----------

thanks for your reply's guys, i'll definitely try these out.

is it worth it to use frag belt since im engineering? i heard the damage is actually worth it if you use it in meta on CD.
    Its a dps increase ye but nitro boosts can be pretty good on lei shen in the transitions or in the last phase depending on what tact ur using

Don't HoG the adds like people are saying. They don't live long enough for Shadow Flame to do more damage than a Chaos Wave would do. Its one of the only places in raiding where Chaos Wave is desired.

yeah i kind of figured that :P

---------- Post added 2013-06-23 at 06:40 PM ----------

i'm going to try 14k haste breakpoint > mastery with goserv.

and yeah i was torn between the nitro boots and frag belt, but you're right i would probably need it more often than not lol

Deleted
    yeah i kind of figured that :P

---------- Post added 2013-06-23 at 06:40 PM ----------

i'm going to try 14k haste breakpoint > mastery with goserv.

and yeah i was torn between the nitro boots and frag belt, but you're right i would probably need it more often than not lol
    the 14k breakpoint isnt anything special at all on this fight, especially if your only using chaos wave on adds. You should go for as much mastery as you can as long as you dont go too low on haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Drenaco View Post
    the 14k breakpoint isnt anything special at all on this fight, especially if your only using chaos wave on adds. You should go for as much mastery as you can as long as you dont go too low on haste.
    so would the 8k haste breakpoint be better?

Deleted
    If you're the only one doing actual dps on the balls, go with go serv, 8k haste > mastery, when balls are spawning, 3 seconds before, move pet into place, Pop into meta, Activate Hellfire Aura > Activate Pet Felstorm > Chaoswave x2 > carrion swarm > voidray spam until they're dead if you dont have to stun them. Shadowfury before voidray spam if yes. In between balls in p2 you can always pop 1 HoG after the chaoswaves, balls spawn every 45sec, so p1 go 2 hogs, p2 1 hog, p3 they spawn every 30sec and you have to lose HoG completely from your duration, if you can line up DS + GO:serv for the 2nd set of balls in p3 your sustained dps should be fairly awesome.

HoG vs CW on 10m all depends on how fast the balls dies, same goes for KjC vs MF whether they get gripped well or jump around spread out. Try them out and compare, do whatever you feel is the best. I did HoG when i knew they would die slowly and CW when I knew they would die slowly (when others had CDs, etc).

In 10 man I prefered to use Sacpact over DB as u can solo soak with UR + sacpact fine anyway.

Going high haste depends on how comfortable you are with your UVLS procs and overall boss dps, haste on this boss will most likely increase your boss dps but lower your ball lightning dps. I personally went for full haste, mainly because I have the LFR UVLS and I don't trust it's proc rate.

Goserv should be superior to GoSac,especially on 10. GoSup will be slightly better for the balls but the duration of the transitions will increase the overall efficiency of GoServ even more, bringing it above the others IMO. Also if you're good you can micro your pet in transitions to stun and dps diffusion/possible bouncing ball adds.

Deleted
    Drop Soul Leech and pick up Dark Regen.

Quote Originally Posted by Isopahajuho View Post
    Drop Soul Leech and pick up Dark Regen.
    how come? for the transitions?

i noticed Soul Leech is getting nerfed in 5.4 too

Dark Regen is only good for transition but Soul leech is better for everything else. There are large periods of time where you don't take any damage so the soul leech shield can stack decently high. In P3 there's more damage going out so it's not as powerful as it was in the first 2 phases but it's still very good.

Without soul leech your going to be taking ~100-300K DMG from every Thunderstruck. With Soul Leech, you hardly take any damage at all (assuming you're far enough away).

I really think soul leech is better overall just due to the amount of absorbs in p1, p2 haven't made it to p3 yet...

Transitions may be better for Dark Regen, but your healer should be able to keep you up with healthstone, unending, sac pact

there are no fights where soul leech isn't the answer.