Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Can someone explain me this? Why were Rogues considered underpopulated in Cata and yet were completely ignored in MoP and now they announced that we should not expect a "massive overhaul"? If it is not some marketing bluff then I cannot see why anyone should stick with the class while it has lost so much of what it made it unique to begin with.
    Coz they threw a bone with legendary daggers (not so legendary tbh) because we felt left behind during cata, now we're left behind again, players are really losing their patience with GC's behaviour of trolling rogues.

The only class that can be considered as stale as Rogues are, is Mage. Yet, Mages have the luxury of simplicity where despite having a boring class a person can cope with it by making an effortless display of vanity in terms of performance and limitless effectiveness.
    Comparing mage to rogue seems a bit blaspheme to me, mage is great for raiding in any spec (try to raid as subt with rogue), all specs play very differently, all of 3 have strong aoe and cleave and mage's output is 100% player effort, there's not a 25-30% of dmg output granted by autoattack and so on...
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2013-06-24 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Comparing mage to rogue seems a bit blaspheme to me.
    Totally agree. What I was implying was that even that blasphemous comparison is the most legit one as strange as it sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikapika View Post
    Sweeping generalizations are a bad thing. I like combo points being target-based and positional attacks, they're worth a lot of flavor to the class and they can be implemented well, we just aren't quite there yet.
    If you are behind a target and that gives you a damage boost--that doesn't seem unreasonable, particularly if the boost is smaller. I can't support an attack that only works behind the target.

They seem totally committed to combo points on target. I think I'd just like redirect to be available more often; either reset by amount of damage (which would really help if you lose your points in a FoK pile); or by target death or something of that nature. Certainly a shorter cooldown.

I'm actually in the minority of rogues who like the "passive" poison business, for what it's worth. I support having the pure classes have a spec or two that get really good numbers for average players. Maybe I don't support complex rotations in general.

---------- Post added 2013-06-24 at 07:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Totally agree. What I was implying was that even that blasphemous comparison is the most legit one as strange as it sounds.
    I'm going to jump in here and say this: mage level 90 Invocation is Hunger for Blood. Mages don't need a bleed; but then, we didn't need to channel a freakin' spell. Way, way off topic, but it's absolutely amazing to me that the devs brought back a form of HfB--surely one of the most absurd rogue abilities.

Why even have attacks or bonuses for attacking behind a target? Apart from Ferals,there is no other class that has positional requirements and these requirements are the only ones that cannot be fulfilled under specific circumstances. (eg. Megaera, Tortos, Onyxia)

Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    I'm going to jump in here and say this: mage level 90 Invocation is Hunger for Blood. Mages don't need a bleed; but then, we didn't need to channel a freakin' spell. Way, way off topic, but it's absolutely amazing to me that the devs brought back a form of HfB--surely one of the most absurd rogue abilities.
    Hunger for blood still exists tbh, it goes under the name "sanguinary vein" but is passive now...

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Hunger for blood still exists tbh, it goes under the name "sanguinary vein" but is passive now...
    Wasn't HfB a buff? Because that is a pretty substantial difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Wasn't HfB a buff? Because that is a pretty substantial difference.
    Yeah, believe it was 5% damage on a 60 second duration... It was basically vendetta, but in a permanently up buff.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Yeah, believe it was 5% damage on a 60 second duration... It was basically vendetta, but in a permanently up buff.
    I miss hunger for blood. made mut a little more fun to play with imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    I miss hunger for blood. made mut a little more fun to play with imo.
    Gross. I'm glad HfB is gone. It was just one more thing to keep up that passively increased damage.

I do miss Overkill and Garrote stacking VW though. It made openers and Vanishes really speed up your rotation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Gross. I'm glad HfB is gone. It was just one more thing to keep up that passively increased damage.

I do miss Overkill and Garrote stacking VW though. It made openers and Vanishes really speed up your rotation.
    bleed removal was very nice. Especially for trollolol druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post

HfB was a good idea done badly. I really liked how it worked in Naxx, even if it was a bit unforgiving. Adding it back as a sub ability and tuning the cost and duration properly would be great in my opinion.