Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    You really must have 505 plus i lvl, especial if you are a DPS class. DPS makes most bosses in 10 man just /Smile to face. That is the reason that there are no Pugs at all to run ToT. Not because there are no players ( I am from mid pop server). Just because there is missing catch up mechanic to gear an alt to 500 plus ilvl in 2-3 weeks. Also run LFR takes ages ( I am queing as healer) and bad luck just makes you angry. This is whole hate to LFR. LFR in cata was much much much faaaar better ( even HC ppl rolls to LFR items for friends).

Quote Originally Posted by Memnarch View Post
    Ninjas are everywhere however. I remember doing 5-mans and get my items ninja'ed. This is an unfortunate side effect of grouping with strangers. But LFR was not supposed to be the main way to gear you character. Its initial purpose was for players to see the content. And now they are forcing this content by making it essential in the gearing process.
    agree
    Last edited by mmoc0ba67a0b63; 2013-06-25 at 08:54 AM.

Deleted
    And I'm playing more than I did in Cata, happy to have more options besides chaining dungeons.

Didn't that just change your outlook on everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    500-505 is recommended lvl to start TT normal, as defined by blizz, 505-510 is for the later bosses in the instance, nothing wrong with asking for that. Asking for achievements of the targeted content is ridiculous and inacceptable for guilds/pugs to do though.
    I know, and nothing is wrong with that, but between 480 and 500-510 there is like 1-2 month ToT Lfr visiting.

Deleted
    Ninjas are everywhere however. I remember doing 5-mans and get my items ninja'ed. This is an unfortunate side effect of grouping with strangers. But LFR was not supposed to be the main way to gear you character. Its initial purpose was for players to see the content. And now they are forcing this content by making it essential in the gearing process.
    Except it will be useless as a way of gearing in the next tier, the distance to normal mode is too large. it will only help you get into Flex, but then you'll need full Flex gear to stand any chance in normal mode. Since both modes use the RNG drop system it will probably take you many months to become ready to start normal mode. With tiers being way too short as they are, it's pointless.
    There's only one viable way to get geared for normal mode after you got everything from LFR, that is to find a guild willing to carry you through the previous tier's heroics and funnel all drops to you. GL with that nowadays.

One side complains about no catch-up mechanic, the other side complains about lack of progression and the invalidation of older raid tiers.

Deleted
    Gearing a main is not an issue if you are in descent guild. Problem is in gearing and alt. Since we need to invest much more time to main. We have less time to alts.
    There is catch up mechanic. But it highly depends on RNG. I am glad they added at least HC scenarios.

Deleted
    Its the same as cata and really easy, only difference is you have to spend more time in LFR than dungeons which imo sucks.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    One side complains about no catch-up mechanic, the other side complains about lack of progression and the invalidation of older raid tiers.
    Lots of truth in a short post. The argument will rage on til the end of days.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Except it will be useless as a way of gearing in the next tier, the distance to normal mode is too large. it will only help you get into Flex, but then you'll need full Flex gear to stand any chance in normal mode. Since both modes use the RNG drop system it will probably take you many months to become ready to start normal mode. With tiers being way too short as they are, it's pointless.
    There's only one viable way to get geared for normal mode after you got everything from LFR, that is to find a guild willing to carry you through the previous tier's heroics and funnel all drops to you. GL with that nowadays.
    This is true. That's why there had to be more 5-man instances. Now with 4 raid difficulties it is only going to get more complicated. First you have to go through LFR to even be a considerable choice for Flex mode and after that, you have to farm Flex in order to proceed to normal. Oh well, at least Flex seems to be more promising as an experience than LFR...

Quote Originally Posted by zloitima View Post
    First of all, let me say I love MoP, current raids, not frustrated with dailies, there is no negativity in this thread.

But here's what I noticed. Back in Cata, when there were HoT dungeons which gave same ilvl gear as previous raid(Firelands), I had 6 maxed out characters, I ran DS 6 times on LFR, 3 times on normal, 1 time on heroic. Every single week. I played enormous amount of time.

Now in MoP I only play my main. I want to play my alts, I want to run ToT as many times as I can. But I just can't get myself to gear them all up. I know it's not hard now, with higher drop chance in old LFRs and HSs. But this randomness just makes me give up.

Again, I love the current situation in WoW, just smth that made me wonder, how many people are like me?
    You can read my past comments during cataclysm error, I was really negative about the game and even quit for a year just after DS was released.

This xpac has been the best for me since burning crusade, absolutely love it and our guild currently has a 25 and 10man team running atm. Going to be great for flexi raids.

I have recently levelled a alt, took less then 2 weeks to max 2 profs and get to around 500 ilvl, even downed a couple bosses in tot normal already and also did tier 14 normals to gear up.

I love the fact you can't just skip a tier in this expansion which made a lot of people get really bored and quit the previous one.

The only complaint I still have is that making 10s and 25s equal was bad for the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    And now they are forcing this content by making it essential in the gearing process.
    Hmm, yeah. I can't help but feel that the jump from 496 to 522 (two tiers rather than one) only helped to exasperate this problem, and I'm still not sure why they did it. I know they were introducing thunderforged pieces, but they only appear after that jump, so they do nothing to service the gap.

An odd call, all told.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    The +7 system would solve that.

DungeonsHC: 464
    MSV: 476R 483N 490H
    HOF/TES: 483R 490N 497H
    TT: 497R 504N 511H - ScenarioHC 5.3: 501
    SOO: 511R 518F 521N 528H - ScenarioHC 5.4: 518
    Legendary Cloak: 540

Quote Originally Posted by SooFaded View Post
    I with you OP. I just resubbed the other day and now I feel stuck. I just wanted to hop into some normal raids with my main but it just isn't happening. I've pretty much decided to level a bunch of alts so I can choose my favorite to go forward with in the last tier/next expansion. But it is disappointing to resub and be months behind everyone else with no way to catch up quickly.
    If you did not play for some months are you really surprised you are some months behind? Did you expect Blizz to gear your chars up while you were not playing, or that when you came back there would be a mail in your box giving you the gear others had worked some months to get? Sorry, not trying to be rude but really do not understand the complaint, or similar ones. Not playing = not getting new, better gear. Why the surprise?

the hardest part about catching up to current content at the moment, is the queue times in LFR.

i would play 4-5 alts a week and have them all geared in ToT LFR gear, if it weren't for the fact that to clear ToT in LFR, you have to spend about 2hrs of your evening queueing. i could queue as a healer, but i play dps, i shouldn't be forced to raid as a healer just to avoid queue times, i might as well not log on.

whilst i could use my idle queue times to do something more interesting, everything seems to either drop me out of the LFR queue or bore the crap out of me. there's little point in me doing dailies, i'm exalted with all pandaria factions, i dont need the money and i dont need the gear on my alts so no point. i could do pet battles, but i'm not that interested in it. i'd queue for scenarios, but they always seem to drop me out of the LFR queue, same with 5 mans (which i just have zero love for this expansion), so i end up watching TV, waiting for my queue to pop.

i'd raid with my guild, but cataclysm decimated my guild along with azeroth

that leaves me to log in, spend at least 20-30 mins per LFR queueing and watching TV, to then get into the raid and find it's on the last boss of the wing, wiped 3 times and most of the people have left the group. then spend another 20 minutes waiting inside the instance for a tank, who then joins the group and leaves immediately upon seeing it's the last boss, then another 10 minutes for another tank with no gems or enchants, who dies in the first 10 seconds of the pull and gets kicked, then another 10 minutes later, we finally get a tank who has a clue, kill the boss and i have to re-queue again for the same instance, because the only piece of loot i need is from the first boss. another 20-30 minutes of my life wasted as i queue again. so overall, just to clear 1 wing of LFR, i've spent over an hour in a queue and got very little satisfaction.

whilst i could spend all week gearing multiple alts, i spend probably 2/3 of my time whilst logged in, queueing for LFR, the other 1/3 actually killing things. thats not a sound time investment, my life is worth more than that, as such, i've moved on and dont log on so much - new patches, i'll suffer through the queues to see the content and get some gear, but to do it on more than 1 or maybe 2 toons, just isn't worth it to me anymore.

honestly, i wish they'd just add a random LFR queue. having everyone queue for individual specific raid wings in LFR dilutes the playerbase and extends queue times without any recourse. queueing for specific raids should be an option, not the only way to do it. (there's 2 ways i'd go about it, full random LFR - puts you in a group for any LFR raid, or specific tier group, so if you needed legendary stuff you could select the T14 raids as a bundle and would get put into the first raid in that tier that needs you)
    <insert witty signature here>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aùssa02 View Post
    Step by step guide inc:

1: Farm HC's to get JP
    2: Turn JP into HP
    3: Buy 476 gear from HP
    4: Go into MSV RF
    5: Aquire gear from Valor and the easy rep on IoT
    6: Aquire avg. ilvl 470
    7: Go into HoF and ToE RF
    8: Farm Rep/more gear from JP->HP
    9: Reah avg. ilvl 480
    10: ToT RF
    11: Repeat these steps for 1 more week then skip step 1-9 and start buying one ilvl 522 piece every 2 weeks and go ToT RF.
    12: ???
    13: Profit.
    that totally fails - cause your alt will (when its truly an alt meaning you dont do every shit you did on your main) only be at ilvel 430 when it hits 90....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    yes
    13 bosses in ToT vs 7 in firelands
    14 bosses in Soo vs 8 in DS

and I on't even count world bosses
    I also want to point out not only is there are far more raid bosses it is in a shorter time span as well.

Getting back OT: Catch up 100% exists in MoP.

Is it just spam 5 mans till you get raid quality gear no it is not (and thank god it is not).

I recently helped a friend who changed from his Hunter to his Warrior (for tanking) in 4 days he went from greens and blues to 487 he tanked the first few bosses in ToT normals that week and is now 513 in just 3 weeks.

Catch up now involves doing multiple things and I personally think that is a great thing (I did HoT so many times in 4.3 I almost vomited every week as it was the ONLY option).

---------- Post added 2013-06-25 at 10:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    that totally fails - cause your alt will (when its truly an alt meaning you dont do every shit you did on your main) only be at ilvel 430 when it hits 90....
    Buy 458 blue PvP gear, buy 450 rings and necks, 450 weapon from AoA.

If your saying you can't run heroics 5 minutes after you ding 90 your wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    2 Ways to solve that issue is buying a couple of 458 pvp gear from ah to get you that 435ilvl required. The other is do normal dungeon and need/greed loot until you have that 435 and AoA scenerio for 450 weap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    I know, and nothing is wrong with that, but between 480 and 500-510 there is like 1-2 month ToT Lfr visiting.
    Sorry this is total utter BS.

489 gear from barrens quests.

502 boots from last Sha quest.

516 gear from Heroic Scenerios and Challenge modes.

522 valor gear.

If it takes you 2 months to get to 500 from 480 you are doing something REALLY wrong.

I'm playing alts less in MoP. I've never been a massive alt person, but in Cata I had 2 level 85 alts, both who I played regularily. Now I they're both 90, one I've not really touched for months, and the other is slowly gearing up.

The problem is, I hate LFR. My main is still going to LFR for Runestones (my 1-evening-a-week raid team make slow progress, we're on Ji-Kun now), which is about all I can take. The thought of queuing and running LFR again that week is very unappealling.

So I pretty much just log on once a week to take part in our alt runs of MSV and TOES, which is giving me gear slowly.

I can appreciate that a lot of people play on alts more now, but for me it's much less.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You get ilvl 495 in one week and no, you don't even need daily quests...

So I am sorry, I don't get it.
    Cap arena for the shoulders, craft/buy a head, gloves and feet (can be the last tier ones = cheap, and upgrade them.
    Do the daily HC Scenario for a week and you most certainly will get an epic or two. Buy one of the dkm trinkets (low ilvl but high perf). Do the lfr, you should have ilvl to que for terrace at least, hopefully you get something.

The next week you'll go for ilvl 500 +

(You can clear normal tot with ilvl 490 with no troubles at all).

The lvl up? Easier and faster than never before (since the nerf patch).
    Got rested? Then go to kill elite snakes in Jade Forest and then monkeys in Kun Lai Summit. 60k and 70k each, and there's a pat giving 170k xp as rested.