Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    I did rank on the fight as Ret though, (LOL!) even though I did abysmal damage.
    You ranked 35 out of 44 haha

Remind me of when our sub rogue ranked 5th on protectors elite mode, 5th out of 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    You ranked 35 out of 44 haha

Remind me of when our sub rogue ranked 5th on protectors elite mode, 5th out of 7.
    Oh I'm sure it was bad. I basically sat out at the portals to eat debuffs and judged/exo'd (and tried to ES, but apparently cast it on myself half the time, ROFL). Then, I managed to kill 2 of the Anima orbs in last phase, and mysteriously died 15 yards away to the 3rd... And then the bonus roll bugged out. Ugh. But what does that say about the 9 people that I beat? Trololol....

#1 Ret US.

It's ok, on our first HC Meg kill, our BrM kiter got a top 10 rank with 7k DPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    That moment when you are supposed to get rank 1, and do 80k more dps than the previous rank 1, and realise you forgot to combatlog it... Atleast I got pictures

---------- Post added 2013-06-24 at 08:20 PM ----------

On a different note: Apparently they changed Ji-Kun again so that you can skip all the trash now once again. This is the fourth fix on Ji-Kuns trash, not sure if intended or not.

Previously (readas 2 weeks ago) you could only skip the trash after you had pulled Ji-Kun once (broken the eggs), we used to send a rogue ahead and just go and pull ji-kun so everyone could skip the trash. Now you can just skip it without doing that once again.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-06-24 at 08:20 PM.

Deleted
    How do you skip his trash? I was under the impression it was an LFR thing only.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    How do you skip his trash? I was under the impression it was an LFR thing only.
    You jump down without internet and fly up with internet.

So do you people think we will keep haste control build as main build for the entire exp and next tiers full raid progress orr might there be some changes to go towards mastery?
    Because even now mastery is quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanali View Post
    So do you people think we will keep haste control build as main build for the entire exp and next tiers full raid progress orr might there be some changes to go towards mastery?
    Because even now mastery is quite good.
    So long as Sanctity of Battle and the haste scaling of SS stay, we'll prefer haste.

Deleted
    I am still trying to wrap my head around the interaction between DP and the T16 4p bonus. If anyone wanna throw me a bone I would be glad to help. Been up for over 24 hours now (turning my sleep rythm around to a more normal one), so not thinking the best.

Okay, so this is the baseline I has been using. I have been using a 10 minute fight basis, 50% haste. I have been putting GC procs on the low end, since I like to plan my tanking around worst case scenario rather than best case. Normally GC is 7-15% of your HoPo but I have set it slighty above 5% just to be pessimistic.

So in my 10 minute fight, I recieve a total of 351 HoPo in baseline (200/134/17), equal to 58.5% uptime.
    Factor in a DP and you got 78% uptime. If you instead check using the T16 4p without the use of any T5 talents, I instead break it into cycles (each cycle consisting of 5 SotRs and one 1 HoPo WoG). 351 HoPo would equate into slightly more than 31 cycles, to be precise 31 cycles + 10 HoPo or 159 SotRs, because those 10 HoPo transfers into 3 SotR, 1 WoG, 1 SotR. So in a perfect world scenario, just with the T16 4p, 50% haste and no T5 talent you could theoretically see 79.5% uptime.

So far so easy, here comes to hard part. Throw DP into the mix. This is where my brain just stops working. Using a bit of napkin math from the numbers using 4p but no DP, you could imagine seeing 63 DP procs from those SotRs and WoGs orginally, throwing in T16 4p into that mix, those 63 DP procs turns into another 38 SotR (and 7 WoG), all in all adding up the 137% uptime. Though I know something is messing up in here.

However I know I made some stupid error in this. So that is not entirely accurate.

If you however take a different approach that is simpler. Each cycle consists of 1 WoG and 5 SotRs, with DP that would make exactly 2 procs. So on average you would have 2 free SotRs each cycle. This is of course presuming a perfect world where you never get a DP proc on the 5th SotR. What this means is that in each cycle, you would actually only have to generate 5 HoPo yourself. This would make those 351 HoPo we orginally generated into 68 cycles or an uptime of 170% !!!!!

Now this is of course not applicable to real world, since in the real world you would sometimes waste a few HoPo by overcapping HoPo due to procs happening on the 5th SotR and on the WoG. However you should also remember that this is using a very very low amount of GC procs, GC procs could push this up a lot. Could probably be 180% with a more standard amount of GC procs. All in all, I would say a 140-150% uptime is not to far fetched with DP and 50% haste considering all the factors, however I would like to hear your opinions if I am just crazy since I feel kinda tired at the moment to do maths.

Deleted
    theck's made a post on his blog about the 4 piece if you're interested. Dont think he covered DP interaction though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    theck's made a post on his blog about the 4 piece if you're interested. Dont think he covered DP interaction though.
    Yeah, that post didnt really cover so much about the 4p, it was just a scratch. It was pretty much what we said when the 4p first was announced + things he thought should change. Nothing new really.

I was doing some testing last night with the 4P on ptr. With 40% haste and DP, I was able to keep 100% uptime and push 30s on SotR duration if I had a "decent" number of DP procs. If it was very small number of them, it was rather difficult.

Deleted
    it really cant go out live like that imo
    Last edited by mmocf6305105ff; 2013-06-25 at 02:42 PM.

Yeah, I thought it was unbalanced as hell to reduce melee swings by 30% in Cataclysm, but to be reducing EVERYTHING by 45-50% is just...there is no way in hell that is going live.

So going to switch to my pally next patch unless they completely rework blood dks - considering they are even going to 'fix' the most annoying part about ret - 30 sec inquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    it really cant go out live like that imo
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    ...there is no way in hell that is going live.
    Not if you keep talking about it! Shhhh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Not if you keep talking about it! Shhhh!
    I said this when the set was first announced but I'm scared if blizz does let it go live. In the past blizz has nerfed the EFFECT of a broken mechanic and not the cause. I'm very, very sacred that if t goes live we'll see a nerf to SoTR instead of, or in addition to, the broken ass mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    I said this when the set was first announced but I'm scared if blizz does let it go live. In the past blizz has nerfed the EFFECT of a broken mechanic and not the cause. I'm very, very sacred that if t goes live we'll see a nerf to SoTR instead of, or in addition to, the broken ass mechanic.
    That's a good point, but I don't see how they can nerf ShoR anymore. Lower the amount of physical damage it reduces even more? If they do this, it'll definitely hurt but it wouldn't be devastating blow...especially if we're seeing ~90-100% uptimes.

IIRC, they've modified or completely changed set bonuses (bonii?) which were found to be OP or broken early on in the PTR. I would imagine if we see another change to our 4P, it'll be to the bonus itself and not to ShoR.

Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    That's a good point, but I don't see how they can nerf ShoR anymore. Lower the amount of physical damage it reduces even more? If they do this, it'll definitely hurt but it wouldn't be devastating blow...especially if we're seeing ~90-100% uptimes.

IIRC, they've modified or completely changed set bonuses (bonii?) which were found to be OP or broken early on in the PTR. I would imagine if we see another change to our 4P, it'll be to the bonus itself and not to ShoR.
    Think of something retarded along the lines of 1.5-2s SoTR instead of 3 haha. Those are the things I fear so much happening if this bonus is as broken as some think. I dunno, just have a bad feeling that it could get so out of hand they nerf SoTR or both.

SotR probably does need a nerf. With uptimes we'll see next tier it'll be nuts. Perhaps affecting Haste's scaling with SoB

Nerfing the time from 3 seconds would really really suck

Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    Think of something retarded along the lines of 1.5-2s SoTR instead of 3 haha. Those are the things I fear so much happening if this bonus is as broken as some think. I dunno, just have a bad feeling that it could get so out of hand they nerf SoTR or both.
    I don't think they'd be able to do something like that because it essentially handicaps anyone who isn't using the 4P.

I imagine most prot paladins don't even see 40% ShoR uptimes now (at least judging from the gearing/gemming choices I see in pugs/LFRs). This seems like a pretty drastic change to address a relatively small population. The harm would outweigh any benefit.
    Last edited by pld; 2013-06-25 at 05:55 PM.