Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Rift 2.4: 20-man Raid Testing

As we head towards Update 2.4 and two new 20-man Raids, the good news is that some testing has begun on the PTS

This seems to be the first boss in the Plane of Earth Raid set, the location is just a placeholer inside Infernal Dawn

The second Raid will have Volan as one or maybe the only boss? he's not active on the PTS, was some issues spawning him but when available will be just an instanced off piece of the Infinity Gate for testing

I think a new PTS build going up later today will have Volan re-enabled and set to stomp testers

Also noticed a tasty new loading screen featuring Crucia

Last edited by Slipmat; 2013-06-25 at 09:59 AM.

I see Kira and Uriel. <3

Deleted
    I really like the idea of an instanced Volan with a challenging difficulty.

I believe Daglar had said 4 for the Infinity Gate. People are speculating (unconfirmed) that the final confrontation with Crucia will occur here and culminate in the opening of the Infinity Gate.

The earth raid is supposed to be larger and more challenging (more like HK from what was said I think).

So the first raid is crucia which leads to the 2nd raid which is the plane of earth? What's the lore about going to the planes again? The dragons just regenerate themselves there or something?

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The dragons just regenerate themselves there or something?
    Basically, yes.

The raids are up on PTS, I'm running around them now. 4 bosses in the Infinity Gate.

It all looks fantastic.

Edit: The play space is HUGE in these raids.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-06-25 at 02:54 PM.

I hope the plane of earth just isn't going to be a raid. Was hoping all planes would be a zone eventually. Maybe we colonize them!

It's not really the Plane of Earth, dude. It's an earth themed raid. Because the architects are hallowing out Telara. The planet is sorta doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It's not really the Plane of Earth, dude. It's an earth themed raid. Because the architects are hallowing out Telara. The planet is sorta doomed.
    >.>

I need to catch up on the story.

Have you not even been to the Dendrome or Ashora?

Have you not even been to the Dendrome or Ashora?
    I usually don't read quests :P and I haven't touched dendrome yet.

I would love if Rift brought back attunement.

Back in the day, you didn;t just waltzing around the planes with willy-nilly. You had to earn it, you had to progress to enter the Plane of Torment or Valor.

If say all players had to defeat the Infinity Gate 20 man to get to the planes that would be marvelous.

I would love if Rift brought back attunement.

Back in the day, you didn;t just waltzing around the planes with willy-nilly. You had to earn it, you had to progress to enter the Plane of Torment or Valor.

If say all players had to defeat the Infinity Gate 20 man to get to the planes that would be marvelous.
    That would be interesting and be more immersive to the world but people will play the card: If a group of heros already beat the raid by lore the raid should no longer exist and anyone should be able to pass freely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woah i'll have to look for a raiding guild then, it seems that my shard has none. BTW the 2nd pic reminds me of rata sum and the asuran architecture from gw2

Wait wait wait if the defiants are opening the infinity gate and the guardians want nothing to do with technology are they even going to use the infinity gate when the time comes to go across the planes? Or are the gods just gonna give them wings and have them fly there?

I forgot all about Volan... man I luved that zone event. Would be so cool if he is in a Raid as well. "A thousand years of torment.... FOR THIS?!?"

The Guardian/Defiant ideology split is not really all that divisive anymore. We're cool.

Also, again. Dendrome. There is a Guardian/Defiant Alliance being led by one the Brevane commanders.

Except, Conquest. Conquest is like an Ascended ideology split. But they are Ascended of both Guardian and Defiant ascension from other realities fighting each other. Not really the same thing.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-06-25 at 03:58 PM.

The Guardian/Defiant ideology split is not really all that divisive anymore. We're cool.

Also, again. Dendrome. There is a Guardian/Defiant Alliance being led by one the Brevane commanders.

Except, Conquest. Conquest is like an Ascended ideology split. But they are Ascended of both Guardian and Defiant ascension from other realities fighting each other. Not really the same thing.
    When did you start paying attention to lore?

Since back when the game was called Heroes of Telara and souls were split by faction.

Has it been said how many bosses will be in each raid?