Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    If I see them out questing in the world I kill and camp them a lot then chop them up and dance on their bodies. They don't have a main to even do anything about it and nobody will even care that I'm doing it. Welcome to world PVP, the only true form of PVP.

If they're on my own faction I just generally avoid them and don't want to get nagged by people into helping them. I'm a selfish wanker honestly and I don't deny it. I don't want to sit down and talk to someone who is new to the game while I am in it, I want to play the game and have fun and helping noobs isn't fun for me. There's plenty of people who are kind and helpful and all that but I am not one of them. I think deep down inside most people feel the way I do and are filled with contempt or disinterest for new players but don't like to admit it or feel bad for them and help out. I don't really even do it because it's fun but because I just don't care anymore. There was a time when I trained up new tanks and watched them grow into competent and capable raiders over the course of months of constant mentoring and demonstration but that age (of the game) has passed. There isn't a community anymore. There isn't a server identity anymore. Now there is just selfish bored jerks like me everywhere and I can't even complain because I am one of them.

So yeah...if there are any new players around just take a good hard look at me. You will see this jaded bitter selfish face in the mirror soon enough if you play this game long enough.
    Nope. Played this game for 8 years and I'm not a douchebag. I think it's just you.

Newbie (new) players are fine. We all started somewhere. If they are willing to learn and work on their toons, I'm happy to help.
    N00b toons (idiots who refuse to learn)... they can go jump off a bridge into Arctic waters and get eaten by polar bears.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they're willing to learn I don't care and might even help if they ask (and I'm not busy). If they want to continue to be bad "because it's a game" they can go die in a fire. Which they probably will.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    As long as they're willing to learn I don't care and might even help if they ask. If they want to continue to be bad "because it's a game" they can go die in a fire. Which they probably will.
    Now what pisses me off is yeah the ones who say ''DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO I'M NOT A NEWBIE RAWWWRRR ANGRY'' when you in fact ARE a newbie like god dam It's people like those that give them a bad name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khorine View Post
    nope. Played this game for 8 years and i'm not a douchebag. I think it's just you.
    qft.......

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Now what pisses me off is yeah the ones who say ''DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO I'M NOT A NEWBIE RAWWWRRR ANGRY'' when you in fact ARE a newbie like god dam It's people like those that give them a bad name.
    Yeah, that's where I draw the line. I've always liked to say there's a big difference between noobs and newbies (with noob being the bad kind).

What? Anti-newbies were never newbs themselves at one time or another?
    I used to be snow white, but I drifted...

I like them. They help keep the game alive and a lot of the time they can be pretty funny too. I'll help them if they ask for it, and in general I just try to be polite to everyone, newbies included.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    If I see them out questing in the world I kill and camp them a lot then chop them up and dance on their bodies. They don't have a main to even do anything about it and nobody will even care that I'm doing it. Welcome to world PVP, the only true form of PVP.
    That's not world PvP, that is griefing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    Newbie players are important to the game, anyone who tries to alienate them is a fool and should swiftly end their subs to make Azeroth a better place. That's how I feel about them.

Personally I wish it was easier to tell who the new players are, skill isn't a valid measuring tool for finding new players because I can pick 5 or 6 people from my guild right now who have played since Vanilla and are still rather bad at their classes while some of the folk who started in Cata & MoP play far better than them.

Why do I want to identify new players better? Here's why:

- I want to help new players, I really do. But when a low level whispers me for gold or help with bags I twitch a little and think "Hey wait, how do I know this isn't just some guy on a new alt begging for stuff he's too lazy to get himself?" That usually leads to me just not replying or saying I'm busy.

- I feel like there should be a channel for new players to ask their questions without the asshattery of Trade/General. I've seen people genuinely ask questions there, some of them new players as well only to be met with replies like "lol noob" and "lmao, r u new to this game or somethin?" and it's really a bad representation of the majority of people who -do- want to help.

- With such a channel, it could be open to new players (as in, brand new battle net accounts) and veteran players with good rep perhaps determined by the community of the realm and what not. How such a system would work I have no idea, but I don't think one can stress the importance of making new players feel welcome and shield them from the idiots who lurk this game.
    This is a great idea!!! I see jerk answers to reasonable questions all the time. I will try and whisper the new player, tell them to ignore the jerks and give a helpful answer.