Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Will Moira become the Sylvanas of the Alliance?

If you have done the Alliance scenario "Blood in the Snow", you will see that Moira Bronzebeard, current Queen-Regent of the Dark Iron Clan, is gaining the trust of Varian and the Alliance heroes by offering to help and clear the Troll menace attacking Ironforge.

Moira is becoming a very crafty and ruthless woman. By throwing her support behind Varian's effort, she is showing everyone that she's the "true leader" of the Dwarves while making the Bronzebeard and Wildhammer leaders like ineffectual fools.

I think she will eventually incite Civil War within the dwarves, abolish the Council of Three Hammers, and emerge victorious as the ruler, with Dark Iron becoming the dominant faction. At least, that's what I think Blizzard is moving the story torwards
    Also by the time the next expansion comes, Moira's son will be grown up and by her own words: "In time, my son shall rule the Dark Irons, and perhaps all of Ironforge as well."

Basically she is becoming like the Sylvanas of the Alliance, well maybe not portrayed as evil or sadistic right now, but I think they are both very intelligent and manipulative. Blizzard probably feels the Alliance needs a dark and evil leader to create some chaos within the faction.

So what do you think? Is Moira going to overcome the current Council status quo and become a tyrant leader or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    They all had their chance to help Varian, But none of them bothered to help, Moira did.

also, Moira isn't ressurecting corpses, so no she won't be the Sylvanas of the alliance x)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

From what i seen i honestly dont think she is that smart or would risk her baby to start shit

Bottom line is the twilight hammer is finished and she has no reason now to go against the council

She has racked up so many brownie points sucking up to varian it would be insane for her to blow it on a pig in a poke power play

So no she wont be the next sylvanas imo

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think she'll be like Sylvanas was pre-wrath. A shadowy leader with an agenda that doesn't always match the other's.

She will not be an expansion villain waiting to happen like Sylvanas is.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it. I killed her in BRD over and over and over, and yet she still comes back more than Kael'thas ever did!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, she's been corrupted or whatever, but I doubt she'll ever be as odd or as evil as Sylvannas.

I'm not too sure what she'll end up doing. I'm not sure if she's being sincere in that scenario, or she's just trying to kiss ass so she can gain favor with Varian and reach a better position to stir some shit up. If you read through The Shattering, you'll see that she's pretty good at manipulating/lying.

Up to Blizzard though, I guess. Maybe she really has changed, and that'll be the end of it. I don't think she'll ever be a tenth as evil as Sylvanas though. Although....to be fair, when you consider what Sylvanas has been through, she kind of has a right to be a bitch.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-06-25 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    They all had their chance to help Varian, But none of them bothered to help, Moira did.

also, Moira isn't ressurecting corpses, so no she won't be the Sylvanas of the alliance x)
    Well, yes she doesn't need to. But resurrecting corpses is not really an evil thing from Sylvana's viewpoint, as she only wants to replenish her undead population (they can't breed you know )

I am making the comparison more from a "power hungry" and "manipulative b*tch" angle.

Nope, now if we were talking about the moira from the short story then it would be possible but this moira that we got in 5.3 did a 180 with zero reason as to why and just bowed down to varian and ended the possibility for an interesting set of faction leaders for the alliance (a council of three clans who for the most part hate one another and stab each other in the back). I would love to see this new obedience as another one of her schemes but I really doubt that is the case.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    She is short, fat, ugly and have terrible personality so i doubt it. I mean sylvanas have terrible personality as well, be she have some "reedeming" qualities.

She isn't shadowy or manipulative.

Her entire motivation is easily explained by her wanting what's best for her son and making sure he's king one day.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    She is short, fat, ugly and have terrible personality
    no offense but what does that have to do with anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    I'm not too sure what she'll end up doing. I'm not sure if she's being sincere in that scenario, or she's just trying to kiss ass so she can gain favor with Varian and reach a better position to stir some shit up. If you read through The Shattering, you'll see that she's pretty good at manipulating/lying.

Up to Blizzard though, I guess. Maybe she really has changed, and that'll be the end of it. I don't think she'll ever be a tenth as evil as Sylvanas though.
    She is not being portrayed as very evil right now, simply because she has not had much development so far (or any other Alliance leader other than Varian for that matter). There are a lot of complaints saying that the Alliance is too "united" or something, and I think Blizzard is already setting us up in preparation for some major shitstorm similar to what is occurring with the Horde right now.

I mean, back when we played WOTLK, did we ever guess that Garrosh would become such an evil bastard?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by pharix View Post
    no offense but what does that have to do with anything?
    -4 to charisma.

Deleted
    She actually seems to be the dwarf leader DOING stuff, I think she may just end up being the anti-hero.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    I mean, back when we played WOTLK, did we ever guess that Garrosh would become such an evil bastard?
    There were hints
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post

Her entire motivation is easily explained by her wanting what's best for her son and making sure he's king one day.
    Did you ever engage in a conversation with her NPC or listen to her quotes? She only has respect for power and detests "the weak" When speaking to you she is incredibly arrogant. As soon as she got the opportunity during The Shattering, she immediately tried to claim the throne by force.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth
    There were hints
    Umm, this only really shows that Garrosh detests the Alliance a lot, which we kinda knew all the way throughout Wrath. We never knew that he would go as far as commit genocide within his own Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post

She is at least powerhungry and wants her son and people (she considers the Dark Iron her people now instead of the Bronzebeards) to be in charge of Ironforge.

From the Novels & short stories I have read:
    - Goes into Ironforge and claims the Throne (since she is the heir) and puts Ironforge in lockdown.
    - Basically holds Anduin HOSTAGE (Anduin's speech being the reason why Varian didn't kill her and said the Council of 3 Hammers should be formed)
    - Acts like a douche towards Li Li (although most players find her annoying like Leah from Diablo 3 anyways)
    - Sents delegates to Darnassus to the summit to decide wether the Worgen are allowed to officially enter the alliance.

So basically she acted like a power hungry bitch for the majority and then in the scenario goes all nice to Varian.
    As topic creator said, making the other 2 council members look bad by being nice and helping Varian.

So either
    A: She became nice all of a sudden (gone 180)
    B: All part of a larger game to gain more power/trust in the alliance so she can dismantle the temporary Council of Three Hammers
    C: Inconsistent writing which Blizzard does every once in a while

Of course she is going to be the Alliance Sylvanas they are making the all the main characters mirror each other.

Thrall and Varian are being made to mirror each other as the perfect flawless leaders.

Sylvanas and Moria are those dark and untrustworthy yet powerful and charismatic within they own faction leaders.

Baine and Velen are the epicenters of calm and peace in which they rarely take leading roles but are always in the background finding ways to build bridges.

Vol'jin and Tyrande are the hot headed and always heir apparent to the the overall faction leadership position. They are strong willed and always ready to pick up the blade to solve a problem with he other faction.

Gallywix and Greymane are the complete total and utter background characters they are never seen or heard.

10+ Year Old Account
    God I hope not.
    I like her as she is. She wants her son to be on the throne and for the Dark Irons and Bronzebeards to live together and get along. But she does with shadowy political moves and manipulation.
    Sylvanas on the other is a full on psycho. So no. I don't think Moira would do any of the stuff Sylvanas has done in her time. The two are not the same and should not be.

The two are shadowy for different reason and via different methods. Moira's is for her son to inherit a unified Dwarven Kingdom while using shadowy politics. I'm not sure what motivates Sylvanas at this point though but she seems to want to expand and conquer as much as possible with completely questionable tools and methods.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-06-25 at 04:10 PM.