Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Barky View Post
    Yeah that's more what annoys me. People on mmo-champion and blizzard official forums say 'We want enhancement to have a secondary resouce' and then provide NO information, so they've just said 'there's the idea, do all the work and balancing for yourselves, and even when it's done i'll complain it isn't what I wanted.'
    Maybe make a two-parts recource:
    one is melee strikes (storm strike, lava lash, imbues, auto hits, primal strike, feral spirits) called primal power
    the other is spells (shocks, unleash elements, lightning bolts, elemental blast, static shock, totems etc.) called elemental power

primal abilities'll trigger elemental charges, and vice versa. stronger abilities like ss for example cost more charges, but will also generate more charges of the other recource half. Priorities will be a balance between recource gains through certain abilities as well as synergy between abilities (ss debuff, sf procs (through fs for example), ss having higher chance on imbue, static shock and msw procs...)

SS would likely be the most expensive ability recource-wise, costing both elemental and primal power, as it influences so much. As it is so powerful though, you'd still work your way up towards it with a mix of elemental and primal power abilities and their synergies towards each other.

Would require time to get used to, end extensivetesting to get values right, but I think it would make for a more deep, engaging and fun version of a dk's rune/rune power system.

Well, just one of many ways to create a cool secondary recource. As for mana, they should just give us the passive stuff they gave rets, or make all non-healing and damaging spells free of cost upon going enh, making the glyphed purge baseline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I like seeing someone taking Warden seriously. 2Hd tank FTW.
    Wow, necrothread.

I'm just going to quote myself, because I still want this to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, after years of my Shaman, if there ISN'T DRASTIC and plentiful changes to my shaman, I'm absolutely going to put him into retirement : /

Two expacs of toolkit flaws is too much for me...

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by shamantime View Post
    Glyph of Natural Disaster: Lava Burst now erupts from the ground, and Lightning Bolt strikes from above the target.
    Best suggestion ever!

Deleted
    For next expansion I suggest something for resto shaman: something that will make the resto shaman heal.

OMG that would be so nice.

i'd like to see sword and board/dual weild/2H options for shaman tanking. although it might be much to ask them for agility shields, maybe int tanks (0o0). Come on 4 spec.

I'd like to see them allow a DW tank spec for shaman...mainly a blood dk premise, but with earthen shielding instead of that blood shield.

Oh and when in tank speck...I'd love it if the toon got just a wee bit bigger...like assuming hte mantle of an Earthen Spirit Warrior increased your size.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    I'd like to see them allow a DW tank spec for shaman...mainly a blood dk premise, but with earthen shielding instead of that blood shield.

Oh and when in tank speck...I'd love it if the toon got just a wee bit bigger...like assuming hte mantle of an Earthen Spirit Warrior increased your size.

Actually to help our resto bretheren it would be Frost Shield. I like the 2H as well but i also see a sword and board/dual wield also being a possibility. Ascendance: You become rock hard and take 90% reduced damage, why 90? because shaman cooldowns are suppose to be UBER.

I was thinking they just remove the shocks sharing cooldowns. It feels clunky at times. Then after that I would like to see totems not be only one type out at a time. It really is annoying dropping a totem only to have to drop the some other one and waste the one you just put down. I would also like to see totemic restoration getting changed to just be a passive %reduction on totem cooldowns.

---------- Post added 2013-06-26 at 08:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    i'd like to see sword and board/dual weild/2H options for shaman tanking. although it might be much to ask them for agility shields, maybe int tanks (0o0). Come on 4 spec.
    It never crossed my mind about them needing an agility shield before. I don't think int would feel right for an earthwarder type of spec. I would really love to see some class use int for tanking.

---------- Post added 2013-06-26 at 08:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shamantime View Post
    Glyph of Natural Disaster: Lava Burst now erupts from the ground, and Lightning Bolt strikes from above the target.
    Lightning Surge
    1.5% of base mana
    Instant 20 sec cooldown
    Requires level 25
    You become an energized bolt of lightning that rushes forward 20 yards. Upon being used, it removes all slows and roots from you. Can be cast in Ghost Wolf.
    (I suggested spell on WoW Forums)
    That is one cool spell. I would love to see that. Seems like so many other classes have so many more ways to build distance from their target and slow them while ele has to waste a shock cooldown to re apply flame shock.

Ele: Chance on fulmination not to consume stacks.

Resto: Chain heal spreads Riptide.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    didn't read all the pages but all i can say is a TANK spec.... been dreaming of tanking with a shaman for years

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd like:

Enhancement to have the option to rock either DW or 2H - if they can do it for fury warriors (TG/SMT) and for frost DK's - why not shaman? You'd possibly have to have a 'strength is turned into agility on weapons' included so that there are more 2H weapons available. 2H would be a bit more RNG, Windfury would hit HARD again ^__^ (BRING BACK 2H TRIPLE WINDFURY CRITS OF DOOM! DOOOOOM!)

4th Spec - Earth Warden. 1H and Shield, uses rock biter and stuff - just like we did back in vanilla when a few abilities had tanking side effects (extra threat etc)

MW to increase the number of targets that CL hits. (I'd not really change the current AoE rotation, as I think its quite interesting even if it has a bit more ramp up time.)

Fulmination to Buff earthquake - so that during AoE you can throw down a harder hitting AoE and then spam your CL.

Ability for enhancement shamans to weild swords - could open some cool transmog options

I'd like to see another melee ability for enhancement (especially if given a 2H option - 1 to replace lava lash plus 1 more)

and to copy/add to minor glyph suggestions already made:

Glyph to make weapon imbues overwrite enchants.
    Glyph to make overload procs more visible - change of colour or something.
    Possibly a glyph to adjust the colour of lightning spells in general (like monks have)
    Glyph to make windfury more visible, bigger and generally awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see Big Bad Voodoo brought into the game;

Big Bad Voodoo
    150 yd range
    Channeled
    Channels the power of the spirits, rendering nearby allies immune to all damage and effects. Does not affect the caster.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=97016#comments

It would need to be nerfed like crazy, but it would be a nice damage reduction CD.

I still haven't played elemental so I can't comment on that.

I agree with everyone saying bring 2 handed enhance back as an option. Maybe more physical damaged based instead of spell damage since no flametongue, or allow two weapon imbues on a 2 hander.

I want them to scrap spreading flame shock and fire nova, either give enhance earthquake and buff it or give enhance a tornado for AoE damage, it either be just place it similar to healing rain but smaller, or maybe put it on a target and it circles that target dealing damage to everything in range. I've also always wanted an earth move to utilize the spell effect of the earth spike coming out of the ground.

I'd like a glyph for Healing Rain to make it stick to you, so if the rain needs to move, you can move and bring healing rain with you, making resto better for movement fights and 10 mans to an extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsoney View Post
    I still haven't played elemental so I can't comment on that.

I agree with everyone saying bring 2 handed enhance back as an option. Maybe more physical damaged based instead of spell damage since no flametongue, or allow two weapon imbues on a 2 hander.

I want them to scrap spreading flame shock and fire nova, either give enhance earthquake and buff it or give enhance a tornado for AoE damage, it either be just place it similar to healing rain but smaller, or maybe put it on a target and it circles that target dealing damage to everything in range. I've also always wanted an earth move to utilize the spell effect of the earth spike coming out of the ground.

I'd like a glyph for Healing Rain to make it stick to you, so if the rain needs to move, you can move and bring healing rain with you, making resto better for movement fights and 10 mans to an extent.
    Idea for name and description
    Glyph of the Shaman Forum Poster:
    Perpetual whining has made them so sad that their healing rain follows them around wherever they go.

Also for enhancement here goes my ideas for the tank spec alot of these are not needed and can be accomplished in totem form as long as dmg + threat is greatly inceased.

Major CD AScendance: Transform into an earth elemental reducing damage by 50-60%.
    Keep Sham Rage
    Passive armor buff
    Major Parry base
    MAstery: your attack have a chance to increase the amount shielded by your next stonebulwark totem
    Stonebulwark baseline
    Air Shield: Each attack made against you has X% chance to reduce damage by Y
    Earthquake baseline and instant cast or have MW5 seconary resource with attacks having 100% chance to proc or smaller # of procs needed for instant cast
    Fire Nova spreads Flame shock to all targets withing 10 yards
    Earth Wave, create a earthquake wake in a cone 10-20 yards ahead of you
    Stoneclaw totem taunt all npcs to the shaman in 10 yards every 1s for 10s.
    totemic projection baseline

everything else is pretty much built into the class already

Hm, I like the idea of a variation on Big Bad Voodoo as a damage reduction cooldown.

Voodoo Doll
    Summons a gnome doll with 300% of your maximum health. Damage from players within 8 yards of the doll is shared (50%) with the Voodoo Doll for 8 seconds or until the Voodoo Doll dies. If the Voodoo Doll survives, 50% of the absorbed damage is reflected at the source of the damage.

I would like to get one more Stormblast out of Ascendance.

I would like an Air or Water Totem that has the pushback effect from Lei Shi (pushes you away, makes you run faster away from it, makes you run slower toward it).

I would like 2h Enhancement to be viable once again.

Here's an idea that iam thinking about is to make the ability Asendance a mechnic of the spec not a Cd due to the fact that as ele we already have alot for CD's Asendance,Bloodlust, Stormlast totem, Fire Elemental, earth shock and EB. the idea is to have more control and not face rolling my key bored. Maybe have for 10 second of the dps rotation be casting lightning bolt and earth shock, chain lightninig and EB until you build up enough primal rage then boom ascendance trigger and you get your free casts on lave burst and lave beam. just little more control because we all now the head smashing is not fun, the ability it self has that type of potential. you would still be useing flame shock prop to trigger lave surge or what ever you guys doing in patch 5.4 i dont know yet but alittle more contol of the dps rotaion would be sweet,

---------- Post added 2013-06-29 at 12:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nadrin View Post
    Here's an idea that iam thinking about is to make the ability Asendance a mechnic of the spec not a Cd due to the fact that as ele we already have alot for CD's Asendance,Bloodlust, Stormlast totem, Fire Elemental, earth shock and EB. the idea is to have more control and not face rolling my key bored. Maybe have for 10 second of the dps rotation be casting lightning bolt and earth shock, chain lightninig and EB until you build up enough primal rage then boom ascendance trigger and you get your free casts on lave burst and lave beam. just little more control because we all now the head smashing is not fun, the ability it self has that type of potential. you would still be useing flame shock prop to trigger lave surge or what ever you guys doing in patch 5.4 i dont know yet but alittle more contol of the dps rotaion would be sweet,
    this can even work will resto and ehn do X amount of healz and asendance pros and use X amount of air spellz and air asendance pros giving the normal buffs that it dose

Fire and Wind Shields, Water, Wind/Lightning elemental totems. UE off the GCD, lava beam spell effect redesign.

Quote Originally Posted by wigwam View Post
    Fire and Wind Shields, Water, Wind/Lightning elemental totems. UE off the GCD, lava beam spell effect redesign.

yes, diversifying our current gamemechanics, but i'm kinda hoping for something new...

Quote Originally Posted by Barky View Post
    Yeah that's more what annoys me. People on mmo-champion and blizzard official forums say 'We want enhancement to have a secondary resouce' and then provide NO information, so they've just said 'there's the idea, do all the work and balancing for yourselves, and even when it's done i'll complain it isn't what I wanted.'

I wouldnt mind a secondary resource, but only if it's done well and implemented well. I wouldnt want something that brings about more problems than solutions. I'd rather fix current issues that are a problem, rather that completely rework us from the ground up and make even more problems that need tweaking.
    A long time ago I thought maybe a mastery rework would be better than a secondary resource. Something like spending MW stacks on anything would grant a buff when spent that causes Stormstrike, Windfury, UE and nature damage spells to do additional nature damage. Like either a flat % bonus of damage you do is nature or it would do a lightning DOT effect. In either case it would be increased by mastery and the duration would be tied to MW stacks. That way we get more of a feel of power from melee and also more of a lightning feel. I like ele as my offspec, but it honestly is built more around being a fire blaster with some lightning damage. Enh feels like it's already a thunder guy but I would love for it to have more of that feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    I'd like:

Enhancement to have the option to rock either DW or 2H - if they can do it for fury warriors (TG/SMT) and for frost DK's - why not shaman? You'd possibly have to have a 'strength is turned into agility on weapons' included so that there are more 2H weapons available. 2H would be a bit more RNG, Windfury would hit HARD again ^__^ (BRING BACK 2H TRIPLE WINDFURY CRITS OF DOOM! DOOOOOM!)
    This would be cool, and they could even do it by adding polearms to the weapons we can equip. Then all of a sudden we are also taking all those agi staves/polearms instead of it just being druid/monk only. Honestly if they wanted to do a tank spec I think they could either go the int route (only real reason I say the int route is so there's another class using existing itemization, but it would be weird for sure) or make it use 2h and gain tons of parry/dodge. But I mean we all know an earthwarder type tank spec won't really happen, even if it would make me never play an alt again.
    Last edited by Omgarsh; 2013-07-01 at 11:25 AM.