Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Have been through about 30 names so far I guess eventually I will get one that works.
    Yeah same happened when i made a tera account recently, ended up just combining stuff on my desk into names.

Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    Yeah same happened when i made a tera account recently, ended up just combining stuff on my desk into names.
    At least Tera and also GW2 let you use last names. This is just getting retarded. 9 million players in WoW and no matter how big the server I played on (Illidan, Blackrock, Mal'Ganis, Stormrage) I could use any of my 4-5 names I always use. But a game with maybe 100k people and all of them are taken. I dont get it.

I think naming is bugged or something. I found a random fantasy name generator online to see if maybe that would work and again every single random name it spits out that I like is taken. I switch a few letters around...still taken.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2013-02-24 at 07:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else think they should implement servers for Oceanic players on the North American client? Ping is extremely depended on to perform at your max capability. It feels like I'm on an extra attack speed scroll when I get a 200ms difference using my ping program, I envy all these American players that PvP with ease because of ping below 150

I just re-installed it today and I've got questions if anyone could give me a hand.

A. What's this about a "fast-track" server? I haven't seen or read anything like this.

B. I bought a digital deluxe or collector's edition when the game launced in 2009 - I got special wings and some other stuff I believe - is there some way to get that stuff on my new characters? I know my existing guy still has his but I don't remember how I even got it back then and I didn't see any kind of "retrieval" menu like TERA has for account-wide special stuff.

I'm pretty excited, I really liked Aion back in the day. I also think I might've made a character on a not-so-Asmodian-friendly server... is anyone familiar enough to say if that's bad or good? I played Dark Age of Camelot pretty seriously when I was in high school and college and picking an Albion/Hib/Mid-dominant realm and then playing one of the other two generally resulted in pain when you did any RvR (and by dominant I do mean that it'd be like a 65/20/15 sort of thing in a 3-realm game or an 80/20 dominance thing in a two-realm or faction system)

Thanks for any answers you guys might have.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    I just re-installed it today and I've got questions if anyone could give me a hand.

A. What's this about a "fast-track" server? I haven't seen or read anything like this.

B. I bought a digital deluxe or collector's edition when the game launced in 2009 - I got special wings and some other stuff I believe - is there some way to get that stuff on my new characters? I know my existing guy still has his but I don't remember how I even got it back then and I didn't see any kind of "retrieval" menu like TERA has for account-wide special stuff.
    A) It's a server that allows you to gain more experience. Either 1.5x or 2x exp I think, not sure. There's some restrictions as to what you can do on it because it's shared servers, but I believe it's the best place to be for leveling up.

B) They removed special account items like that. Pissed A LOT of people off, myself included. There's no way to get them anymore unless they put them in the cash shop (In which case you have to pay money to get them again).

Quote Originally Posted by Docxz View Post
    The endgame pvp is awesome once people got out of the eye and back into the abyss and other zones.

Rifting with small groups could be fun, but the main "endgame" pvp is lame. Its not a bit zergy, but rather only a big zerg... and the high ranked players always run away like chickens, if there is only the slightest chance they could lose. I know the point loss is heavy, but the most high ranked never do real pvp, most of the time only pve farming...pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Oerba Yun Fang View Post
    A) It's a server that allows you to gain more experience. Either 1.5x or 2x exp I think, not sure. There's some restrictions as to what you can do on it because it's shared servers, but I believe it's the best place to be for leveling up.

B) They removed special account items like that. Pissed A LOT of people off, myself included. There's no way to get them anymore unless they put them in the cash shop (In which case you have to pay money to get them again).
    Wow. Thanks for the reply - I wish I'd known it was so swift.

So all of the perks (I will miss the wings more than anything - they were better than the ones you get from the ascension quest at level 10 if I recall...) for buying either of the special editions were just flat-out removed? OOF.

I admit, there are some neat wings in the cash shop but I'm never cool with losing content I paid extra money for. Bah.

Is the game still worth playing? I haven't had much of a chance to fiddle with it since re-installing but it is the weekend now.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    Is the game still worth playing? I haven't had much of a chance to fiddle with it since re-installing but it is the weekend now.
    Yup, they've made a ton of changes to improve it since launch. The state it's in now is really the state it should have launched in, as the grind barely exists anymore. Also, it's got a great F2P model if you're playing from NA, from the EU...not so much. All the content they've released is free, so you only pay for cosmetics and convenience items (though the augments for manastones etc. can be kinda necessary later on).

And 4.0 is supposedly coming in June, which brings a level cap increase to 60, as well as 3 new classes (gunslinger, bard and some mech-based class). As with all the updates, it's a free expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Yup, they've made a ton of changes to improve it since launch. The state it's in now is really the state it should have launched in, as the grind barely exists anymore. Also, it's got a great F2P model if you're playing from NA, from the EU...not so much. All the content they've released is free, so you only pay for cosmetics and convenience items (though the augments for manastones etc. can be kinda necessary later on).

And 4.0 is supposedly coming in June, which brings a level cap increase to 60, as well as 3 new classes (gunslinger, bard and some mech-based class). As with all the updates, it's a free expansion.
    Any idea of the pve is good? like dungeons/raids etc

Quote Originally Posted by jba252 View Post
    Any idea of the pve is good? like dungeons/raids etc
    There aren't really any traditional raids (I think there's one, not sure though as I've never done it), but dungeons are pretty good. They're relatively standard fair with some interesting fights, and the addition of solo dungeons is neat. That and there are a few arena style dungeons where you fight wave after wave (I think The Crucible), a 5 man and a solo/duo (forget which). The other raiding is fort sieges which is basically a mixture of PvP and a raid boss. Nothing overly complex, but fun, and even moreso with the threat of being ganked (if you're into that kind of thing).

15+ Year Old Account

Aion's patch today

Anyone able to get ingame yet? Also I know they said there would be "new classes" but I haven't seen anywhere about what the classes are...anyone know?

bard and gunslinger I believe

New classes are Bard and Gunslinger. Sadly the mech based class is delayed till...sometime.

The patch came with a new launcher and...well...it broke everything. Nothing is going to work for at least a few more hours while they try to sort things out and get the new launcher working.

Video of the classes:
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/06...lasses-and-sk/

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone please tell me what aion is.

Quote Originally Posted by xZANGEITIx View Post
    Can someone please tell me what aion is.
    It's an MMO made by the same company that made TERA. It's F2P and actually not a bad game at all.

NCSoft didn't make Tera.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the hell happened to this game... i played it at launch and it was half finished so i left. Are the American realms even open anymore?
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    What the hell happened to this game... i played it at launch and it was half finished so i left. Are the American realms even open anymore?
    Yup. The game is 100% F2P in NA and they've done a ton of work improving the leveling experience and adding in new content. The grind that existed at launch is almost entirely gone (though the pacing is still pretty meh) and overall the game is in a pretty awesome place.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    NCSoft didn't make Tera.
    Idk why TERA popped into my head when I was thinking of Guild Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Idk why TERA popped into my head when I was thinking of Guild Wars.
    Well, there was the lawsuit between NCsoft and Blue Hole (Tera devs) over the fact that a bunch of the Blue Hole founders supposedly ripped off assets/concepts/etc. from Lineage 3 and used them in Tera...so that may be it.