What if this unique visual representation is just their name displayed in a different color?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    What if this unique visual representation is just their name displayed in a different color?
    Well I think the main complaint is the tagging itself. If it allows any sort of tracking on the map, as implied by the Friends feature above it? It could be very rough on gankers and ganked alike. Personally I like the idea. If Carbine adds a bounty system, could see it tied to the Public Service mission type in the Settler Path, then it could make PvP servers much more "entertaining."

Would love to make my money off bounties, instead of dailies.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2013-06-26 at 06:21 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Well I think the main complaint is the tagging itself. If it allows any sort of tracking on the map, as implied by the Friends feature above it? It could be very rough on gankers and ganked alike. Personally I like the idea. If Carbine adds a bounty system, could see it tied to the Public Service mission type in the Settler Path, then it could make PvP servers much more entertaining.

Would love to make my money off bounties, instead of dailies.
    Haha yeah i would love if bounties being implemented in the game.All the players pooling money for the bounty reward.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Well I think the main complaint is the tagging itself.
    Yep..I mean...I totally get where they are coming from. They want you to be able to make something 'personal' in a RP and PvP sense, but really that concept is not good for your playerbase. You don't really want people causing problems and intentionally going after people in very negative ways. I mean just think of the potential reasons this could go horribly, horribly wrong...not the least of which is persecution based on gender, sexual orientation, or religion.

It's somewhat ok for that to happen by chance, but for people to be aided in this possibility? Not great.

Really the whole thing would be a non issue to me if it had to be mutually accepted by both parties. This way you can only blame yourself if it happens/actually lets you form a rivalry.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Haha, the rival system. The server's well known retard ganker will be everyone's from the opposite faction rival. The moment he steps into a zone, he'll be lynched. Hahahahaha.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, imagine if an entire PvP guild tracks you for "fun" for a week or so. In theory it sounds awsome, but in practise, i'm not sure.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post

Eff that. Griefing ahoy.

Smell you later, Red!

I think rivals could be fun. I wonder if its mutually agreed upon or if you can just select someone for ganking
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Yep..I mean...I totally get where they are coming from. They want you to be able to make something 'personal' in a RP and PvP sense, but really that concept is not good for your playerbase. You don't really want people causing problems and intentionally going after people in very negative ways. I mean just think of the potential reasons this could go horribly, horribly wrong...not the least of which is persecution based on gender, sexual orientation, or religion.

It's somewhat ok for that to happen by chance, but for people to be aided in this possibility? Not great.

Really the whole thing would be a non issue to me if it had to be mutually accepted by both parties. This way you can only blame yourself if it happens/actually lets you form a rivalry.
    On the one hand yea... but on the other. I remember back in vanilla one of the things I LOVED about PvP was most of the time when I joined a BG I knew most of the people on both sides. If I would see certain names on the other team I knew my job would be to keep them busy so they couldn't help the their team. I actually had someone log over once and ask me why I always go for him and I told him right up it was because he was a good player and when he is left alone he always made big plays. So I was trying to mitigate his effect. The PvP being more personal did make it a ton more fun.

But I feel like the MMO community, as a whole, has changed a lot since then and it seems like more people just want to troll other people and kill people they concider easy targets :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    But I feel like the MMO community, as a whole, has changed a lot since then and it seems like more people just want to troll other people and kill people they concider easy targets :/
    Even with as much as people talk about it, this point hasn't been discussed enough. I don't claim that community is created by game systems, as autmoated grouping tools don't force people to be jerks and the opposite is also true...BUT...

Put a system that enables any player to directly assault/abuse/annoy any other player and it will certainly cause problems in the community. Like I said, the entire thing would be perfected as long as you have to mutually accept someone as a rival. To me, that is where the spirit of what they want is anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    I think rivals could be fun. I wonder if its mutually agreed upon or if you can just select someone for ganking
    Hopefully it's mutual, but it doesn't sound like it in the notes. I do think that if it was mutual AND if it allowed PvP on PvE servers, regardless of flag, between rivals that it would be a solid feature. Otherwise it's more problematic than exciting.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    $5 to you! and no beta invite for me! :'(
    Told ya.

I have more sources now

>.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if this system did that, it's already too much. PvP should never be about letting the game interface enable you to kill someone better. That's the opposite of competition.
    This was already going to be available, at least through add-ons. There used to exist an add on in Wow that would announce every time a pvp enemy entered within a certain range and announced coords. You could even add a person's name so it emphasized that. We don't know if it'll just be a marker above their head or marking them on minimap (unless I read incorrectly, definitely possible).

I think it'll be a good system and for your comments on people being targeted for their own personal beliefs/characteristics, even more reason why that shit should stay outside of the game. I'm perfectly fine if you believe in "..." but see no reason that you should share it with your whole server.

Quick question... are any new beta invites going out for this phase or will it just be for the previous testers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    Quick question... are any new beta invites going out for this phase or will it just be for the previous testers?
    Have not heard one way or the other.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    I'm going to assume it's just getting the stress testers into CBT3. And to be honest, I don't expect there to be any more new invites unless they have a limited, open beta.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    I don't see how it would be agreed upon.

1. There is no communication between the factions. So without skype or the guy sitting next to you, there is no way to agree upon anything in the game. And no game developer would make game features based upon the assumption that players use 3rd party software to improve their game performance.
    2. If there is no communication and you just get a pop-up "Jimbo has selected you as his rival. Do you accept ?" it's easy to just press No and fuck it.

Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    Haha, the rival system. The server's well known retard ganker will be everyone's from the opposite faction rival. The moment he steps into a zone, he'll be lynched. Hahahahaha.
    Exactly why it could be a great idea.

How many people can a ganker get to help him gank a single person? Not many. How many people can a ganked person get to punish a griefer? My bet is on MANY.

But I'm sure it won't be an invasive system. Probably both parties will have to accept it.

Deleted
    You guys seriously think it's not going to be a function where you have to accept it? It's called marking someone as a rival, not as a victim. I know it's not exactly specified but come on now.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone's bored, listen to these fellas talk about the new patch notes :P

Stationed at McGuire, AFB.
    PC Specs: i5-3570K, GTX 690, Gigabyte UD5H, Corsair Vengeance 8GB, Corsair AX750, H100i, Phantom 630 case, Asus VH236H

Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    I don't see how it would be agreed upon.

1. There is no communication between the factions. So without skype or the guy sitting next to you, there is no way to agree upon anything in the game. And no game developer would make game features based upon the assumption that players use 3rd party software to improve their game performance.
    2. If there is no communication and you just get a pop-up "Jimbo has selected you as his rival. Do you accept ?" it's easy to just press No and fuck it.
    Through the guild of calamitous intent, of course. You can't just arch anyone you want.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    what makes it funny is that people actually think all gankers are crappy pvpers lol .. open world pvp will be the only place you can seriously outgear someone (especially with gear / rating matchmaking). The new rival system will do what alot of gankers want.. bring more players to you (aswell as griefing for luls).
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2013-06-27 at 01:13 PM.