Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    Indeed this is so true
    Except for 40 man raids, everything else was puke but I did love 40 man raids

...If you farmed Lbrs as rogue for Fire prot potion recipe and the epic cloth pattern. (quite hard, but worth it ^^)

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    good old times
    you could fights naked as a rogue and still deal good damage
    stuns where your domain and not free4all
    dr timer didnt exist

nowadays its gone all to shit
    /oldmenrant
    DRs did exist for rogues. Not originally I think, but they were added at some point. I remember having a mod that tracked the DR on my stuns and such. Rogue was so fun. Waiting for the last second on that gouge to expire and then doing kidney shot. Keeping people stunlocked from 100% down to 0% if you were lucky and also skilled. Gah PvP was fun back then. For the rogue, probably not for anyone else involved. Hah. Farmed Barman Shanker forever and was so excited the first time I literally 1-shotted a priest or mage with it.

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    Indeed this is so true
    Except not because I played in Vanilla and I would like to play on a vanilla server. It wouldn't be my main or anything, but I'd play on that over a BC server. BC was pretty meh to me.

Deleted
    - They give hints about how much they know about Vanilla as if it's meant to impress people
    - They flat out make threads about it with their knowledge of things related to Vanilla (like this one)

Quote Originally Posted by unrealeck View Post
    - They give hints about how much they know about Vanilla as if it's meant to impress people
    - They flat out make threads about it with their knowledge of things related to Vanilla (like this one)
    Not mean't to impress but more a trip down memory land for those who actually did the vanilla content.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    No mention of plainstriding yet?
    Plainstriding was Beta, never went live.

You still wake up at night in a cold sweat over the suppression room in BWL.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Deleted
    You not only had to level up your weapon skill levels, but you also had to visit a trainer for each different weapon type. Like, Thunder Bluff trained staves and polearms(not sure anymore), and Org trained other weapons. Otherwise you couldn't even equip those items :O and that meant another grueling Barrens walk through all the lvl 10-20 mobs to even train to use a weapon on that alt.

If you smile fondly when reminiscing of the times you told lowbies to go and click on the blood in the plaguelands.

still gives me a chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    If you smile fondly when reminiscing of the times you told lowbies to go and click on the blood in the plaguelands.

still gives me a chuckle.
    Haha yeah - it was actually quite a feat to "not get killed" in the process. Same as walking into the courier...

Deleted
    You don't have to ask anything, they'll fucking tell you every chance they got.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    You still wake up at night in a cold sweat over the suppression room in BWL.
    Oh man I really hated that room. It took 4ever! I think we spend about 20/45 minutes (can't really remember) to clear that room. Well not really clear... but progressed into that room.

15+ Year Old Account
    You know who oldschool people are? Those who know the real reason behind Scarlet Crusaders having an ability called Holy Strike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by arel00 View Post
    You know who oldschool people are? Those who know the real reason behind Scarlet Crusaders having an ability called Holy Strike.
    No clue tbh. Didn't paladins have a strike in the beta? I missed the beta by a few days

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    No clue tbh. Didn't paladins have a strike in the beta? I missed the beta by a few days
    You nailed it. They have Holy Strike because they're the original paladins. During beta the players' skills got changed, but npcs remained as initially developed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Does anyone remember WALKING from Southshore to SM because we didn't have mounts till level 40?
    Horrible, just horrible hah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will of the Forsaken used to make Forsaken completely immune to Fear/Charm/Sleep but they were susceptible to Priest/Pally abilities such as Turn Evil and Shackle Undead.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Go back far enough and Forsaken were classified as undead, therefore passively immune to fear, charm, and sleep. But Paladins specifically could wreck them.

Quote Originally Posted by Extrakt View Post
    Does anyone remember WALKING from Southshore to SM because we didn't have mounts till level 40?
    Horrible, just horrible hah.
    I remember having to SNEAK past Undercity to get to SM. I was really scared I would be ganked. Summoningstones were unheard of.

I remember walking to Booty Bay to get a boat to get to a Thousand Needles... that was a LONG run. I didn't really quest in Stranglethorn. So I did not have many if any Flight Paths.

I remember feeling very nervous landing with the boat at the Barrens... knowing I was in the "enemies territory". I felt like a trespasser.

Once I got my paladin 60% speed mount, I felt really lucky, as other people needed to pay a lot to get the riding skill + mount. I just got it for free as a quest. The 100% mount was a different story. Altho cheaper (I found a Black Pristine diamond) it was a very hard quest. And when I first used it, I felt like I was as fast as the wind!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    how to know if some one played vanilla?

don't worry theyre like vegans...they'll tell you
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.