Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    People really let themselves get yelled at by such a wussy, high pitched voice dude?
    in my old guild in cata, we had this nazely, whiny little douche, who thought he was better then anyone else in the guild, he never spoke to anyone outside of raiding, but in the raids, he was constantly nitpicking every tiny detail of peoples performance. In the end, everyone just refereed to him as 'the douche' behind his back, and we only kept him on because of his dps.

I honestly can't fathom being in a guild with a group of people you can't even try to make the effort of getting to know.
    #boycottchina

15+ Year Old Account
    I was my guild's raid lead from BC until we stopped raiding about mid way through Cata due to attendance. I can't recall anyone ever breaking down and crying, but we had a few rage logouts when people lost their cool. If things started to get out of hand with drama I would normally call the raid to prevent issues, but every now and then I was too slow on pulling the trigger.

Everything I say is absolute. If you disagree, you're a communist.

No. and if we ever had a raidleader who did, he would promptly find himself not being a raidleader anymore.
    A good guild atmosphere is just too important.

Deleted
    Lol. One reason why I don't care normal/hc-mode raiding is that I'm not skilled enough to execute tactics flawlessly (and if we would wipe because of my fails, it means wasting other players time) AND I would HATE if I had some "lol i just wasted your time by failing because i'm not taking this serious enough lel it's just a game"-type of players in my group.

That's why I'm just running LFR and never say anything.
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2013-06-27 at 08:25 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard one person crying before but not because anybody was yelling at her.

She was a complete drama queen and held herself as one of the best raiders in the entire world, a wealth of knowledge and could never possibly be wrong. In reality she was average, maybe slightly above and that 'knowledge' was typically misinformed or wrong. One of the calmest people I have ever raided with was talking casually over vent and when she said something that was clearly wrong he told her that 'no that was incorrect'. She kept pressing the issue even though she knew she was wrong because most people back down because it's simply not worth it.

Eventually she gets hysterical and starts half sobbing in vent about how she doesn't appreciate being talked down to like a 6 year old and that she shouldn't be treated like her daughter. She got pregnant at 17 and has a kid of all things. Most of us were like wow, this girl is suppose to be responsible for a child and shes raging and crying over being wrong in a video game.

We are top 100 US and hovering around top 50 and have never yelled at people. But yes, I've heard people cry before when not being yelled at. In these situations I just feel like telling them to re-evaluate their life if they are getting this emotional over a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by speehs View Post
    OP's situation is precisely why it's a bad idea to join a guild that's run by a couple. It never ends well.
    My thoughts exactly. They're never very good and their little personality makes them think they've finally found their place to show at "the top of the food chain"

Who the fuck cries over this game? People who are children, that's who.

Deleted
    We had some people crying in Vanilla raiding, but not because they were called out for beeing bad. Just mean spirited constant remarks, mostly right before a fight, so no one was allowed to comment on them. One day the guy who was the worst at it and did not even play good, but was the druid leader pack made a grown women cry in the raid. He was making sneaky remarks about her all the time. I told her to come to our channel (warriors and priests and around 3/4 of the raid leaders) she stayed there for the remainder of the raid (she was a rogue and the druids came into their channel to misbehave). After the raid I went to our forum and wrote a devestating comment on the druid in question, calling out everything he sucked at, by calling him the expert on those things. Everyone knew what I was talking about. The druids threatend to quit the raid group, which they did all the time. But it was way too much for everyone. The other raid leaders called their bluff. The druid in question was banned from leading anything. He was banned from talking in voice and was put on probation for six months.
    Long story short. Druids started to behave, stopped to threaten leaving all the time. Rogues bonded with the warriors and there was less drama about weapon drops. The raid improved overall not only in tone and fun, but also in teamplay.
    The druid who caused it all, dropped out of the raid around two months later. Right after completing the best in slot set at the time. Joined the top raiding guild on the server. And came back one week later begging to be taken in again. The top guild was merciless to everyone, they had to be ready to raid 24h/7d on standby and they called him out on his very bad numbers while having the best equip there was.
    Those making others cry are mostly bad players themselfs. Because if a good player sees something not working quite right, he or she tries to find out what it is and change it. "You did not do your job!" It not a good player talking. "You should have stance danced to counter the fear. Do you use a macro or do you switch manualy?" Whispered. That is a good raider talking. Especially if he is raid leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurwyn View Post
    Regardless of in-game or outside of game, you just don't cuss someone out.

After all, who the hell cusses someone out over a game? People who are children, that's who.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice bit of sexism in a couple of those posts in this thread. -.-;;

Anyway, a raid leader that screams and yells in anger at the raid or even worse specific people is a very poor raid leader. OP's guild is likely better off.

That's what you get when you raid with douchebag kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man you have a crazy mean guild leader. What where the healers doing where they just getting of their task by like healing a lock or a mage or something or where they going afk threw the hole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurwyn View Post
    Who the fuck screams at other players? People who are children, that's who.

Any raid leader that pulls shit like that deserves to be trolled / griefed by the rest of the guild until they uninstall or move to another server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogmanlolz View Post
    So last night me and my guild are prepping to do some normal ToT, but first we voted we should do a heroic HoF first to "get a feel" of raiding because it's the first time we all raided together. So we get to Imperial Vizier Zor'lok and people are dying to attenuation. I don't know if it was a lack of healer or just badness.

So after the 4th wipe on heroic, he just goes berserk on the healers, which are mostly females, calling them names etc. And then we hear someone crying and its a girl. Anyways someone comes on vent and cusses our raid leader out and kicked him out the guild. It was the GM and the girl was his fiancee nd they were engaged. So personal story out the way, has your raid leader ever made someone cry?

"Our" sorry can't change title
    No, but I'd never raid in a guild (again) with family connections. Or even gf/bf bullshit. It's bound to cause issues.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

In the beginning of Wrath, the guild I was in was fairly cool, but the guild leader was such a prick. He would scream and yell and carry on like a complete immature child. It was awful. He was yell at everyone, even if we were doing everything fine. And yes, a few people did end up crying because of it. People like him stopped making the game fun for me. After that garbage, I swore I would never return back to raiding unless I found a great guild with great people who didn't act so stupid. And I found that. I raid 5-6 hours a week, we're casual, we aren't very good, but everyone is incredibly nice, we don't yell and scream at each other, but we're serious when we have to be. Granted everyone is much older 20 and 30's etc, but still, raiding is enjoyable again. We're getting close to finishing ToT on normal.

I've never heard anyone crying from being told off in a game. I'm not even sure how someone could cry from being chastised in vent over a game. I will say this however: I wouldn't play with people who act like the ones in the videos posted here.

Lol, i have never tried that in any way. And i was in a server first guild for a year or so. But then again, such talks were never taken in open chats if someone really fucked up... except the normal "Well derp, shit happens". But yes it can be frustrating. In the guild i was in, we normally just made joke threads when something went wrong like: "I am soon going to take this spoon, throw it through time and space, and spoon every healer for 14 years straight, is the tanks dies like that again". People took it as a joke, and it was funny, but people still bothered to try harder. And if it continued, we normally just sat down, looked at what the problem was, and then assigned healers and stuff like that. On another note, that was the sadest guild breakup i have ever seen... GM disappered for 2 weeks or so, people got confused, and then one day, a RL mate of his logged on, and informed us that he had died in a car accident on his way home from work 2 weeks prior...

Quote Originally Posted by Hogmanlolz View Post
    So last night me and my guild are prepping to do some normal ToT, but first we voted we should do a heroic HoF first to "get a feel" of raiding because it's the first time we all raided together. So we get to Imperial Vizier Zor'lok and people are dying to attenuation. I don't know if it was a lack of healer or just badness.

So after the 4th wipe on heroic, he just goes berserk on the healers, which are mostly females, calling them names etc. And then we hear someone crying and its a girl. Anyways someone comes on vent and cusses our raid leader out and kicked him out the guild. It was the GM and the girl was his fiancee nd they were engaged. So personal story out the way, has your raid leader ever made someone cry?

"Our" sorry can't change title
    I have been a member of several raid guilds over the years, one of which was very competitive with server firsts etc. We were clearing content super-fast with them (it felt like a breeze) but the Raid Leader and the Officers were constantly screaming and cursing on vent for even minor (or nonexistent) errors. After a while I just reduced the volume of TS to around 15% and I could still hear them raging. It was very much like being in the military. They were extremely harsh especially to newcomers. Just like in the Army, their opinion was that someone who can't take all this abuse isn't worth having.

Pretty much all raid guilds I've been a member of have had Raid Leaders like the one you described. Raid Leaders must be like drill sergeants. Everybody hates them but they get the job done.

Now, the best RL I have ever had was a British transsexual. Really nice person, this guy could lead without screaming abuse which made people not stressed. I had to go somewhere where there was no internet due to work for several months, so I lost them. When I came back the guild had disbanded.

But yeah, in my experience all RL's are more or less like the OP. They have to be.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

No.. when my raid leader would get mad and he would walk away from his computer and play random Disney songs over the mic and then come back like 5 mins later and say .. "OK NOW WE ARE GOING TO DO IT BETTER." I'd imagine he was yelling and throwing things around his house.

Aladdin sound track and Lion King were particular favorites.

Not really crying, exactly, but in Black Temple on Illidan one night our raid leader was swearing (not at anyone, he just swears normally) and this kids mom gets on his mic and tells our raid leader to stop swearing cause she doesn't want her son to hear it all the time. Without missing a beat our raid leader just screams "Hey, XXX's mom, suck my fucking dick" which is followed promptly by "XXX has gone offline"

Was probably the funniest thing I've ever witnessed on WoW, and I'm pretty sure that even though he/his mom weren't crying, they were mighty upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    No.. when my raid leader would get mad and he would walk away from his computer and play random Disney songs over the mic and then come back like 5 mins later and say .. "OK NOW WE ARE GOING TO DO IT BETTER." I'd imagine he was yelling and throwing things around his house.

Aladdin sound track and Lion King were particular favorites.
    Back in my younger years when I would raid lead I would do something similar. Get up, cool off, think for a minute and then discuss how to improve. You just dont cuss people out and call them names...ever. You can be a successful raid leader without being a despicable human being. Stern yes. Hard yes. But you never have to resort to name calling and cussing people out.