Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Some brief thoughts:

I liked Sylvanas before but her voice change has made me love her. She is fantastic and I love how she uses undeath as a threat. Just great!

Tyrande really needs a good punch to the face...

Gamon speaks!?! OMG *nerdgasm* Love Gamon.

Taran Zhu seems angry with us outsiders....what else is new?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roulette Kneebasha View Post
    Did Tyrande always sound like a Troll? O_o
    Yeah in fucking Cata she sounded just fine in WC 3 but they were like FUCK THAT we're going to do this accent thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    since she got a uinique voice actor back in cata, yes.

for some reason, it just doesn't sound right to me. don't remember her having that accent in WC3.
    Eh, she pretty much sounds like that in WC3 too. She had an accent.

I didn't play Ally side at all in Cata, came as a surprise to me. Yeash... weird.

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.

Gamon sounds terrifying.

Holy shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind Tyrande's accent that much, although is it still a little jarring. But I'm a little bummed that she only get's 13 seconds worth of voice acting.
    However given the quantity of voice acting we're seeing on the Horde side I would imagine we may see somebody like Genn get 30 secs+ of voice acting in the next wave.

I want to see this Sylvanas stuff in context with the Alliance stuff. If she's going around raising Humans as Forsaken still at a time like this and nothing happens to her I'll go ape shit. Hopefully when we get the full context it will be made clear. One thing I noticed though was that Sylvanas wanted to raise Blood Elves, however this would contradict what we've been told in Silverpine about their ability to only raise Humans.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-06-27 at 09:07 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Eh, she pretty much sounds like that in WC3 too. She had an accent.
    But she didn't sound very bad ( IMO )

=(

10+ Year Old Account
    Gamon shall refer to himself in the third person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Huh. Sylvanas wasn't bad. Still prefer the original voice actor (pre-Wrath I think), but I liked this.

Now, Tyrande. So. Night Elves are now supposed to sound Jamaican, like trolls? OK...

Quote Originally Posted by Roulette Kneebasha View Post
    Did Tyrande always sound like a Troll? O_o
    It was mixed. In the first cutscene with her she sounded great
    in some of them you picked up on something going wrong.

I thought new Sylvanas sounded much weaker in Wrath, but without the sound effects it's almost the same. The old one was just a bit softer spoken. To me she kind of sounded- deadlier?, but not like a cocky villainess she is now. Maybe it's more appropriate this way.
    It wasn't long ago / I was just like you / And now I think I'm sick and I wanna go home!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    what if SEARING WOLVES? The possibilities?!!?

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I don't mind Tyrande's accent that much, although is it still a little jarring. But I'm a little bummed that she only get's 13 seconds worth of voice acting.
    However given the quantity of voice acting we're seeing on the Horde side I would imagine we may see somebody like Genn get 30 secs+ of voice acting in the next wave.

I want to see this Sylvanas stuff in context with the Alliance stuff. If she's going around raising Humans as Forsaken still at a time like this and nothing happens to her I'll go ape shit. Hopefully when we get the full context it will be made clear. One thing I noticed though was that Sylvanas wanted to raise Blood Elves, however this would contradict what we've been told in Silverpine about their ability to only raise Humans.
    It seems her Val'kyr have become more powerful, under the Lich king they could raise several races as well. I wonder if she will be able to raise alliance corpses, or if Varian and Jaina immediately interfere. Though one thing is for certain she unleashes her Val'kyr. Whether they resurrect people or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss Sylvanas WC 3 voice actor, and the one she had in the early days of WoW.

Oh well, at least it's not metzen's voice! He's got enough :P

for some reason, it just doesn't sound right to me. don't remember her having that accent in WC3.
    She didn't really have much of an accent back then no. Her current one is a little heavy for sure.

Deleted
    All that we are missing now are Metzen's voiceovers.

Gamon reminds me of whoever does Optimus Prime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It seems her Val'kyr have become more powerful, under the Lich king they could raise several races as well. I wonder if she will be able to raise alliance corpses, or if Varian and Jaina immediately interfere. Though one thing is for certain she unleashes her Val'kyr. Whether they resurrect people or not.
    If they really have gotten more powerful combined with the fact Sylvanas continues to liberally dish out necromancy I cannot see Sylvanas getting out scott free. While I truly want to see her properly see some sort of justice I'm at the point now where I'll just compromise with having all of the Val'kyr die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gamon sounds... kind of like Saurfang.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    If they really have gotten more powerful combined with the fact Sylvanas continues to liberally dish out necromancy I cannot see Sylvanas getting out scott free. While I truly want to see her properly see some sort of justice I'm at the point now where I'll just compromise with having all of the Val'kyr die.
    We'll see, if she does not start to change at some point, undercity will become a raid. Currently she is on a path that can only lead to her demise, considering blizzard's track record with shady charcters, whether she pulls a Kerrigan or not remains to be seen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Borador View Post
    Wonder if the Night Elf player base has accepted Tyrande's voice yet.
    Hell no. She shouldn't sound Jamaican.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Deleted
    I don't get why they changed the voice of Tyrande.. Because I think it's the same voice actor as in Warcraft 3?

She speaks 40 seconds in.

Gamon's voice! /brocrush

Gamon for warcheif!