Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

5.4 Trinket Discussion

So looks like the new trinkets have been datamined and this seems like a good time to open the discussions...

1. Equip: Increases the cooldown recovery rate of six of your major abilities by 39%. Effective for Agility-based damage roles only.
      Equip: Your attacks have a chance to grant you 11759 Agility for 20 sec.
    2. +1959 Haste (4.61% @ L90)
      Equip: Your attacks have a [99 / 10]% chance to trigger Multistrike, which deals instant additional damage to your target equal to 1/3 of the original damage dealt.
    3. +1959 Critical Strike (3.27% @ L90)
      Equip: Your attacks have a [161 / 100]% chance to Cleave, dealing the same damage to all other nearby targets.
    4. +1959 Mastery (3.27 @ L90)
      Equip: Your melee and ranged attacks have a chance to grant you [1068 * 20] Agility for 20 sec. Each melee or ranged attack you make reduces this effect by 1068 Agility.
    5. +1959 Agility
      Equip: When your attacks hit you have a chance to gain 11759 Mastery for 20 sec.

Trinket 1 affects: Shadow Blades, smokebomb, evasion, Cloak, Vanish(not for combat)/Killing spree(combat), Vendetta/Adrenaline Rush/Shadow Dance

Legendary cloak
    Your damaging attacks have a chance to trigger a Flurry of Xuen, causing you to deal 60% weapon damage to all targets in front of you, every 0.5 sec for 3 sec.

Trinket 1: Which abilities are covered, if we are talking vendetta, shadow blades, etc.. This could be huge. One thing to note we lose out on static stats. Proc seems to be a noticeable upgrade to JuJu, nothing special.

Trinket 2: Not sure if the numbers are accurate but assuming a 10% chance to proc on any attack seems like an okay boost, if that's all attacks (including procs) that's just a static gain of 10%

Trinket 3: Pfft.. Not much to say about this, offspec for combat. Say no more.

Trinket 4: Each melee attack? That buff can be diminished in seconds with combat... If it's a regular attack (backstab, mutilate etc) then I guess it's okay, would need the proc rates to determine effectiveness but not much to say.

Trinket 5: Nice static agility, and proc seems nice but could have issues with throwing the EP weightings off in haste. We all know how ROR went :P
    Last edited by theherecy; 2013-06-27 at 11:30 PM.

the first trinket looks very weird , it makes vendetta actually at arround 1 min 10 sec cd along with vanish , shadow blades at just under 2 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmgewehr86 View Post
    the first trinket looks very weird , it makes vendetta actually at arround 1 min 10 sec cd along with vanish , shadow blades at just under 2 mins.
    Yer it's what I'm thinking, what else do they consider major? They're quite firm about the number 6. Sprint? Shadowstep :P

I hope the first trinket includes burst CDs, otherwise it'll be pretty much worthless for ferals and rogues.

Current IDs for the spells:
    Assassination: http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/145983-readiness
    Combat: http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/145984-readiness
    Sub: http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/145985-readiness

Note that it says cooldown recovery rate, not reduces the cooldown. This means that a 39% is not 39% off your cooldowns, but instead ~28%.
    Last edited by Algroda; 2013-06-27 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Algroda View Post
    Well holy crap. Affecting smoke bomb and cloak makes it extremely good for raid utility and defense too.

Thanks for this, cloak on 36s, smoke bomb on under 2 mins. Well this trinket does seem excessively powerful.

Trinket 1 will probably be going to BrMs and Guardians first. That seems crazy OP for agi tanks depending on which abilities it affects. It could be good for assassination too, but only if it affects Vendetta; we don't really have many DPS CDs. SB will be very underwhelming once we drop the current 4pc. Looks really strong after seeing everything it affects. I imagine this will be way too strong for PvP unless they nerf it.

Trinket 3 will be useless most of the time.

Trinket 4 could end up mostly useless if autoattacks/poisons trigger the degradation, otherwise pretty strong for assassination since we have so many empty globals, so we'll keep a higher stack while still doing optimal damage.

The rest seem pretty standard. Trinket 5 procs a shitload of mastery, so it's probably another .5 rppm like Juju.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-06-27 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Trinket 1 will probably be going to BrMs and Guardians first. That seems crazy OP for agi tanks depending on which abilities it affects. It could be good for assassination too, but only if it affects Vendetta; we don't really have many DPS CDs. SB will be very underwhelming once we drop the current 4pc.
    It only works for DPS roles it says. There's a tanking version of the trinket anyway, too.

Quote Originally Posted by whathump View Post
    It only works for DPS roles it says. There's a tanking version of the trinket anyway, too.
    Ah, sweet. I derped.

Also to note this really reduces the effectiveness of the t16 4pc for sub. With a 36s CD, shadow dance is going to be up frequently and therefore the uptime is already big on Find Weakness.

Note that if it remains at 39% (odd number there) then Cloak and other 1 min CDs would be ~43 seconds, Vendetta would be ~1 min 26 seconds, and Bomb and other 3 min CDs would be ~2 min 9 seconds.

Note that if it remains at 39% (odd number there) then Cloak and other 1 min CDs would be ~43 seconds, Vendetta would be ~1 min 26 seconds, and Bomb and other 3 min CDs would be ~2 min 9 seconds.
    39% not 29% surely? Unless I'm noobing the maths

Equip: Increases the cooldown recovery rate of six of your major abilities by 39%

Note that it does not say reduces the cooldown by 39%. It says increases the recovery rate by 39%. This is similar to how haste is treated by the way I am reading. Before your cooldowns came down at 1 per second. With the trinket you would have your cooldowns reduced by 1.39 seconds per second. Quick math shows that is 1/1.39 ~= 0.72, or 28% reduction.

Quick check shows that in 43 seconds @ 1.39 per second is just under 60 seconds, so my approximation is accurate.

Deleted
    Vendetta would be ~1 min 26 seconds
    This will be really interesting with new 4P bonus, same for combat spec

The question I'm wondering is related to the wording of trinket 1. Would, for example, shadow blades be 180 / 1.39 or 180 * 0.61, in the former the cd would be 130 seconds, in case b the cd would be 110 sec. The wording makes me think option a. If you use option a, it directly translates to trinket uptime (cd / 1.39 is strictly equivalent to 39% more uptime on the trinket), and makes it better for item level scaling. If you use option b, it's a roughly 63.9% cd uptime increase.

60 / 1.39 would be a 43.1 sec cd on cloak which seems more reasonable than 36.6 sec (which seems bordering on OP), if you say 60 * 0.61.

Resulting cooldown (using 1/1.39 and (1-0.39) factors, respectively)
    Shadow Blades, smoke bomb, adrenaline rush: 129.4 sec, 109.8
    vendetta, killing spree, evasion, vanish: 86.3 sec, 73.2 sec
    Cloak/Shadow Dance: 43.1, 36.6 sec

The fact that this trinket affects smoke bomb, vanish, cloak, and dps cds would probably make it very good in pvp I think.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2013-06-28 at 05:23 AM.

Looking at the base for the proc on Trinket 1 (http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/146019-readiness), I'm going to assume the % cooldown recovery scales with item level. This means LFR will probably be 17% (what's shown on wowdb on the readiness proc itself), normal mode will be 39%, and I assume heroic 2/2upgraded will be something like 51%.

Deleted
    Seems like they are testing a new stat, CDR... could be balanced due to the lack of static stats, however there are things that CDR provide that arent number based (timing is everything most of the times)... and affecting so many skills... really pushed ATM.

I also like the reverse agility proc in my head it makes more sense to explode in a burst of agility and slowly calm down than getting all worked up over time then suddenly have it fall off. It would be interesting how this trinket affects Haste values (less haste = less procs, but also higher uptime? confusing ! )

my 0.02$

1) Really, really strong. Our dps (like the other classes) depends a lot from cooldwons and a simple, direct CD reduction is something we cannot pass over (at least if there aren't stronger options).

2) Good trinket - focused on single target damage. I assume it will be more effective for combat due to haste + combat mastery.

3) Aoe trinket - i'd equip it if the fight requires sustained aoe which is sometimes more meaningful that single target damage. Also crit isn't a bad stat anymore (for assa and sub) due to 2t16. I think combat can skip over this due to Blade Flurry and stick with trinket 2.

4) Mastery + AGI proc; would have been wonderful for Assa and maybe Sub - two tiers ago. It's all about the EP values here, AGI is very valuable but if every melee attack/poison proc reduces the stack the proc itself won't last that long.

5) Pretty straight forward. Unfortunately mastery with t16 has lost a lot of his appeal for every spec (RPPM trinkets, legendary meta, set bonuses).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I hope trinket 1 isn't their way to bandaid combat. A 2 min 9 sec cd with RB is maybe even less than a 1 min cd. And if they don't nerf the t15 4pc for combat, stacking that with this trinket would be absolutely insane. If they do leave the set bonus, with that trinket, I don't see heroic t16 tier coming even remotely close (though I'm wondering how close heroic t16 gear would be to heroic t15 even without that trinket).