Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Forgive me, master, I am unworthy of your knowledge.
    Of course, you already play this game to perfection.

Deleted
    As rare as it is that I say this, I kind of agree with Lysah, particularly on Void. It takes a great deal of skill to NOT play Void effectively.

Storm isn't quite as bad, but again there isn't really much to think about when playing him - as long as he isn't massively behind he has more than enough mana to use his ball lightning to get out of any and all tricky spots.

Weaver is incredibly annoying, but at my shitty skill level nobody really makes much use of his kit since actually going offlane solo is reasonably rare.
    Last edited by mmoc581146db80; 2013-06-27 at 11:07 PM.

Good, looks like we can all finally agree on something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    As rare as it is that I say this, I kind of agree with Lysah, particularly on Void. It takes a great deal of skill to NOT play Void effectively.

Storm isn't quite as bad, but again there isn't really much to think about when playing him - as long as he isn't massively behind he has more than enough mana to use his ball lightning to get out of any and all tricky spots.
    It's how you use the mana that matters. Sure, you can play ultra safe and never die or you can go for clutch plays making enemy waste spells on you and still not kill you. But surely everyone can play Storm like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66b3t7ytkKM?

Ball Lightning has a high skill cap and allows for a good player to really shine. Sure, it also enables even the worst players to get out of the worst spots but that doesn't take away the fact that the skill cap is still high on the spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    But surely everyone can play Storm like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66b3t7ytkKM
    ...I don't see anything special. Maybe not everyone can repeatedly press R, but I don't think you need to be in Na´Vi to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    ...I don't see anything special. Maybe not everyone can repeatedly press R, but I don't think you need to be in Na´Vi to do it.
    what heroes are difficult to play mechanically speaking

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    I apologize if I gave the impression that I think any hero is difficult to play. That's not the issue here, the issue is how hard a hero is to play *WELL.* Storm Spirit dodging any number of abilities with his ultimate might make DotaCinema's top 10 plays regularly but it's the sort of thing I see every game by every player, it doesn't take predictive skills or reflexes, you just ult and you can't be hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everytime I try to come back and read up I just end up facepalming and remind myself why I don't go here anymore. ggwp
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    You're right, anyone would do exactly like that. You realize Ball Lightning has a mana cost and that it triggers overload and that it has a cast animation? Notice Dendi's mana at the end. That's good usage of his full mana pool. Not all players would use it as efficiently.

Most people would have used their disable there and most people wouldn't have timed their Ball Lightning landing, getting Overload off and casting it again exactly as spells of enemy heroes go off.

Notice how Dendi lands and has the time to do an Overload and cast Ball Lightning again right before KotL blast goes off. A worse player could have easily jumped too early and landed as the blast went off or they could have instantly jumped over KotL to guarantee the dodge but minimzing the Overload damage they'd do and wasting more mana. Same can be said about the WR Power Shot. The reaction time is quite fast to dodge that and how he gets an Overload off on every spell he casts.

Oh, and the fact that most players probably wouldn't have jumped into four heroes alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Storm Spirit dodging any number of abilities with his ultimate might make DotaCinema's top 10 plays regularly but it's the sort of thing I see every game by every player, it doesn't take predictive skills or reflexes, you just ult and you can't be hit.
    Yes, but when you land you can be hit. That's all about timing, which you said a Storm Spirit player doesn't need, and understanding of the situation. If you land in a bad spot and get stunned you can easily die.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2013-06-28 at 12:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    Meepos, Which docta, Visage.
    Oh and i think thes new ep is related:
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-06-28 at 02:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Which docta
    Is this some sort of 'one of these things is not like the other' game? WD is not exactly 'mechanically tough', especially compared to those other two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    Is this some sort of 'one of these things is not like the other' game? WD is not exactly 'mechanically tough', especially compared to those other two.
    Well, his skillset is very easy to "waste" (throwing cask at single enemy, missing maledict because of long cast animation, short range and small AoE, using ult out of position and wasting it due to interrupting), and outside of it he has weak heal with small AoE (great for recovering but at teamfight it's just "meh"). His attack damage and animation leave much to be desired.

On positive note, proper land of even 1 of his skills will leave to huge advantage for your team (vacuum>cask>maledict rocks)

But yes, he is not so mechanically tough. I wanted to mention Phoenix there but he is still not in dota 2. Oh, health removal, you are the bane of all newbies. It's fun to watch how phoenix burns more health than deals damage to enemy
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-06-28 at 04:13 AM.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Oh and i think thes new ep is related: [video=youtube;GU5IrTtuInk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU5IrTtuInk[video]
    I don't see why all the videos they make in this style have to be ridiculously long and stylized, it isn't even fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Yes, but when you land you can be hit. That's all about timing, which you said a Storm Spirit player doesn't need, and understanding of the situation. If you land in a bad spot and get stunned you can easily die.
    Then you're not spamming R hard enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Then you're not spamming R hard enough.
    You know storm spirit has a mana pool, right? Ball lightning isn't the cheapest spell in the game. Sure, if you let a storm get 50 bloodstone charges then you're fucked, but that's your fault for letting him get there in the first place. It's like feeding Riki and saying he's overpowered. Anyway, if you're finding it so hard, just buy an orchid, chances are you can get one before he can get a BKB. That or just counterpick him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say weaver is a lot lot easier to play for pubs than void is. Skill wise if there is a weaver he is almost always a problem. I run into a lot of voids that suck so bad, he is a hero that is either really dominant or an easy kill. Weaver on the other hand is always a pain.

I think AM is the most cruise control hero in the game, all you do is blink and right click, i see many ams not even need or use his ult. His blink also makes him rough to kill.

Deleted
    medusa ultimate is so op,what does the forum think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    I'd just call it strong. It wasn't effective enough before, so it's a much-needed buff.

No its not, its just fething awesome ultie, and Duzzie herself is hot like omg :x

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember being stoned as huskar and bursted by zeus + lina. Fun times. They did like 150 damage combined

i think "op" is not the word you're looking for