Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salesha View Post
    Apart from rare combos, like Helm + Overcharge in nearly the same moment, the half of our wipes are in the first transition especially in the third quadrant.
    eg. Diffusion-Add Mage + Helm Disci + 2 x Bouncing Bolts (Add still alive). Any tipps?
    Salesha
    I don't think having tank solo a quadrant makes it any easier as you're subject to rng on the tank quadrant if you do that. I would split it different to make it easier, especially split up your tanks.
    1. Prot Pala, Ret
    2. Prot Warri, Mistweaver
    3. Disci, Warlock, Moonkin
    4. Hunter, Mage, Shadow

the first 2 platform wont get any diffusion adds as they cant target melee or monks. Have your spriest offheal platform 4, and all 3 on that platform can solo static shocks. Have your priests void tendril the diffusion add away from anyone since the add cant chain lightning if its rooted away from players. You'll need to practice the lightning + overcharge + helm + 2x bouncing bolt + static shock combo as it is probably the hardest you'll need to do. Remember to wait until lightning go out then stack on overcharge, especially the 2nd time he does it.
    Last edited by Berianther; 2013-06-28 at 06:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berianther View Post
    I don't think having tank solo a quadrant makes it any easier as you're subject to rng on the tank quadrant if you do that. I would split it different to make it easier, especially split up your tanks.
    We've run with prot paladin solo with the prot warrior (me) and a mistweaver on the next quadrant. The paladin can easily solo one "orb add", if he get's a second I take what ever else as I have a healer. It's truely no problem. I also manage to just heroic leap on either side of the quadrant soaking what I can when ever!

Basically our spreading is as follows;

1 - Prot Paladin
    2 - Prot warrior, Mist weaver
    3 - Mage, Retri Pala, Healer with immunity (first time our paladin, second kill last night resto druid with iceblock)
    4 - Fury, Enh Sham, Boomkin (healing with HoTW), Lock

Then on the second we go:

2 - Prot warrior, Mist weaver (why change a winning team )
    2 - Prot paladin, Retri Paladin
    6 - Lock, Fury, Enh, Boomy, Resto & Mage.

Transitions are more about people KNOWING what happens and what CAN happen and reacting properly... I got pretty pissed last night a few times seeing people react in the dumbest fucking ways to specific abilities/event.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are putting attempts into this guy on Tuesday. Our comp is as follows:
    Tanks: Druid/Warrior
    Heals: Disc and Holy Pally
    DPS: Moonkin, Lock, Hunter, Mage, Ret, Rogue, (Ele shaman in reserve)

What's the best way to handle transitions? What I'm thinking right now is:
    First: 2/2/3/3
    ProtWar/Rogue
    Bear/Ret
    Lock/Hunter/Disc
    Moonkin/Mage/H Pally

Second: 2/2/6
    ProtWar/Rogue
    Bear/Ret
    Everything else.

Can someone help me optimize this a bit? I feel like it's not quite where it should be and would appreciate some tips to save a bunch of time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by subtletuna View Post
    We are putting attempts into this guy on Tuesday. Our comp is as follows:
    What's the best way to handle transitions? What I'm thinking right now is:
    First: 2/2/3/3
    ProtWar/Rogue
    Bear/Ret
    Lock/Hunter/Disc
    Moonkin/Mage/H Pally

Second: 2/2/6
    ProtWar/Rogue
    Bear/Ret
    Everything else.

Can someone help me optimize this a bit? I feel like it's not quite where it should be and would appreciate some tips to save a bunch of time.
    Are you sure your Bear and Ret can soak a static shock if the ret gets it twice? Imo put your Mage there instead as he can soak two if he uses Block and Greater Invisibility. Remember Invisibility does not break from Bouncin ball dmg.

For the second transistion move your tanks to one platform and go 4/4/2 imo. This is what we have been using and we have not had any issues with it. Edit: This might only work if you can keep the levels on the platform to a minimum and goes with Disabling Static Shock and Diffusion Chain, meaning not leveling anyone first phase then leveling diffusion chain once in phase 2.
    Last edited by mmoc7d71a9b0aa; 2013-07-08 at 09:20 AM.

Deleted
    Hello,

We've been progressing in Lei Shen heroic (10) for the past couple of weeks and we find ourselves with a lot of problems on transitions, especially the first (we haven't been to the second a lot of times). The "normal" phases are pretty much dealt with for us, we rarely wipe outside of transitions. We got to the last phase twice and the last time we got there, with a healer and 2 dpsers dead, we got the boss to 14%, so we're pretty sure that if we can get 2-3 more times to the third phase with everyone alive, we will kill it. But the problem lies in getting to the last phase. Our comp is:

Tanks: Pala, Druid
    Healers: Disc, Shaman
    DPS: Monk, Fury warrior, Warlock, Shadow, Balance and Hunter

We can have a holy pala or a blood dk (he can play both chars), another shadow priest and maybe a mage (he isn't very reliable).

For the first transition, we are deactivating the static shock platform and going static->diffusion->overcharge->bouncing during the first phase. We assign the quadrants as such:
    1. Guardian + Hunter
    2. Prot Pala + WW monk
    3. Shaman + Balance + Shadow
    4. Warlock + Warrior + Disc

Most of our wipes have come from the 4th group, where the disc is having trouble keeping the others up for example when theres helm of command and either the warrior or the priest gets static shock.

For the second transition, during the second phase, we are going diffusion chain level up + high energy-> overcharge level up -> bouncing balls. We handle the transition like this:

1. Resto Shaman + Shadow + Hunter
    2. Disc + Monk + Warlock + Warrior
    3. Tanks + Balance

We were gonna try to change the hunter with the monk after one of the wipes on the second transition, but we didn't get there afterwards. The wipes were mostly coming from the second group, where the disc was having problems healing the damage from the diffusion adds.

I only have the logs of 5 tries today, 'cause I dced and forgot to turn on combatlog again but here they are if it helps:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8v0wjyscg38qhum5/ (I think tries 1,3,4 are first transition and 2,5 are second transition)

Morale is getting dangerously low for the amount of first transition wipes, any advice is welcome!
    Last edited by mmoc6cf4b9154f; 2013-07-09 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    Hello,

We've been progressing in Lei Shen heroic (10) for the past couple of weeks and we find ourselves with a lot of problems on transitions, especially the first (we haven't been to the second a lot of times). The "normal" phases are pretty much dealt with for us, we rarely wipe outside of transitions. We got to the last phase twice and the last time we got there, with a healer and 2 dpsers dead, we got the boss to 14%, so we're pretty sure that if we can get 2-3 more times to the third phase with everyone alive, we will kill it. But the problem lies in getting to the last phase. Our comp is:

Tanks: Pala, Druid
    Healers: Disc, Shaman
    DPS: Monk, Fury warrior, Warlock, Shadow, Balance and Hunter

We can have a holy pala or a blood dk (he can play both chars), another shadow priest and maybe a mage (he isn't very reliable).

For the first transition, we are deactivating the static shock platform and going static->diffusion->overcharge->bouncing during the first phase. We assign the quadrants as such:
    1. Guardian + Hunter
    2. Prot Pala + WW monk
    3. Shaman + Balance + Shadow
    4. Warlock + Warrior + Disc

Most of our wipes have come from the 4th group, where the disc is having trouble keeping the others up for example when theres helm of command and either the warrior or the priest gets static shock.

For the second transition, during the second phase, we are going diffusion chain level up + high energy-> overcharge level up -> bouncing balls. We handle the transition like this:

1. Resto Shaman + Shadow + Hunter
    2. Disc + Monk + Warlock + Warrior
    3. Tanks + Balance

We were gonna try to change the hunter with the monk after one of the wipes on the second transition, but we didn't get there afterwards. The wipes were mostly coming from the second group, where the disc was having problems healing the damage from the diffusion adds.

I only have the logs of 5 tries today, 'cause I dced and forgot to turn on combatlog again but here they are if it helps:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8v0wjyscg38qhum5/ (I think tries 1,3,4 are first transition and 2,5 are second transition)

Morale is getting dangerously low for the amount of first transition wipes, any advice is welcome!
    Sticking with the group you have now, but subbing in the H Pal for your shaman is probably ideal. With your raid comp now though and your lack of immunities, I highly recommend goin 1/2/3/4 for the first transition. Yes, you can get RNGd if your solo tank gets double bouncing ball + helm (he should still be able to catch on usually), but that's less than 5% of the time it'll pose a problem.

1st transition
    -Prot Pal
    -Guardian + WW (diffuse and Zen Med SS)
    -Lock Disc Hunter. Barrier if Disc gets SS, others can solo soak.
    -Shaman Balance Shadow Warrior. Stacked most of your non-solo soakers in this quadrant. Balance and Shadow will have to offheal a lot. I'd set up a gateway here for them for helm.

Both the 3 person and 4 person quadants have a Life Grip for helm and a Void Tendrils for the add.

2nd transition
    -Prot Pal + Hunter (have him save Readiness in P2 just in case he gets double Static Shock)
    -Guardian + WW
    -Disc Shaman Lock Shadow Balance Warrior. Gateway goes here.

Deleted
    I highly recommend soloing quadrants as a tank, there's almost no reason not to. Worst case: you get Helm of Command (which any tank can deal with on his own, except for DKs to my knowledge) and two Bouncing Bolts. Sprint/zen teleport/leap to one, tank the other add spawning. This leaves you with 4 people per non-tank quadrant which makes soaking static shocks, dealing with bouncing bolts and handling diffusion adds really easy. Also make sure to bring one hybrid in addition the healer per quadrant so they can offheal when the healer in question is busy (ie: swap grp 4 warrior and grp 3 balance druid).

For the second transition you'll have to go with 4/4/2 or 4/3/3 depending on your soakers, but both feels far more manageable to me than phase 1.

Your priest should start shielding way more and utilise his spirit shell via prayer of healing (the static shock will come eventually), the intermissions are the phases of the highest incoming damage up until the last phase and better to go oom and rethink your possibilities but to die due to super low hps and 75% mana left.
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-07-09 at 05:20 PM.

Deleted
    Hey, we run this with

Tanks:
    Blood DK
    Protection Paladin

Healers:
    Resto shaman
    Resto druid

Dps (i know it is kidan silly)
    2 Hunters
    2 Warlocks
    1 Shadow priest
    1 DK

Currently we run 2-2-3-3

- DK tank + Hunter (they have portal)
    - Shadow Priest + Protection
    - Resto shaman + DPS dk + Hunter #2 (has portal number 2)
    - Resto Druid + 2x Warlock's

our main issues is the DK tank + Hunter platform.

When the hunter is targeted by helm of command, he has a very hard time soaking balls and staying alive.

I have a couple of thoughts, While AMZ doesnt quite work as i had hoped, it does a difference, hence i concidered running both dk's on one. That way they can IBF+1 zone the first and AMS+second zone the next)

(if anyone knows exactly how AMZ works here please let me know, since it should take 75% of the hit - and before everyone goes crazy i know it is capped, but the cap doesnt apply to single bit hits.)

Suggestions much welcome ! Think i am gonna try a solo tank or 3 healing it tomorrow, but imo ,our setup should allow us to ditch alot of the damage.

ps. i have one mroe Warlock and my disposal, but nothing else than that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alejandro View Post
    our main issues is the DK tank + Hunter platform.

When the hunter is targeted by helm of command, he has a very hard time soaking balls and staying alive.
    Most classes have problems with bouncing balls, helm of command and staying alive without a healer on their plattform. From my experience it is better to stay alive and deal with one add, than dying and wasting your BR.

You should also consider changing the 2 player plattforms to get a class with a healing ability on every plattform:

- DK tank + Shadow Priest
    - Hunter + Protection Paladin

How is your shadow priest dealing with double static shocks during intermission one?

Btw: This topic is great. It helped us a lot during progression and finally the kill a few days ago.

So, we are also having issues with this fight, namely the first transition.

Disc Priest / MW Monk
    War / Monk Tanks
    DK, DK, Lock, Mage, Shaman (ele), Shaman (enh) DPS

We have it split up the following:
    Brewmaster Solo
    Prot War with lock and dk
    MW , Enhance Shaman, Mage
    disc priest, DK, ele shaman

We've tried having the warrior and the lock alone, but they were having too many issues with soaking, as our lock couldn't soak two without dying, and when the warrior tried to help, sometimes he would be very low from bouncing soaks and also die so we put another DPS there to help split up the damage in case the lock got two statics.

Are we doing this ideally? I have a feeling we aren't and any help is appreciated. Being stuck at the first transition is really annoying.

Deleted
    Your problem is the massive amount of players that cannot solo soak static shock.

Possibility 1:

Group 1: BrM / DK (no static on tank/no diffusion add)
    Group 2:Protwarri / DK (no static on tank/no diffusion add)
    Group 3:Mage/MW/Ele (only have to group up when ele gets static/ Ground diffusion dmg)
    Group 4:Lock/ Disc/ Enhance (group when disc or enhance get static/ground diffusion dmg)

Group 4 will have the most trouble, but also has barrier/shields, Group 1 and 2 will only get trouble when dks get 2 statics in a row. in this case you need 1 player from group 3 or 4 to join them.
    Try to make sure that group 1 and group 2 are on opposite sides thus they can get a heal if needed.

Possibility 1:

Group 1: BrM / MW(no static on tank/no diffusion add)
    Group 2:Protwarri / Enhance(no static on tank/no diffusion add)
    Group 3:Mage/DK/Ele (group up when ele or dk get static/ Ground diffusion dmg/ele offheal)
    Group 4:Lock/ Disc/ DK(group when disc or DK get static)

you dont want a diffusion add on the platforms with only 2 people, because it wont die that quickly and do a lot of damage. thats why you can combine tanks with melees or with a MW. thats how it worked for us, but in the end we had 8 people with immunities and you have only 4.

i dont know if this can work. the best possibility to make your life easier would be getting more people with immunities.

EDIT: i saw that you werent mentioning any problems with BrM solo. Yeah in that case you can build one group with 2 melees + Prot.
    Last edited by mmocbdddd493ef; 2013-07-18 at 12:28 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salesha View Post

Apart from rare combos, like Helm + Overcharge in nearly the same moment, the half of our wipes are in the first transition especially in the third quadrant.
    eg. Diffusion-Add Mage + Helm Disci + 2 x Bouncing Bolts (Add still alive). Any tipps?

Thanks in advance for all tips and help

Salesha
    There is no such thing as helm + overcharge. Helm is cast after overcharge is already expanding, so if you get hit by overcharge you were already in a position that you would get hit, or some1 from the closer quadrants is standing on the edge, making overcharge expand in yours.

Apart from that your split is not that optimal. Try this:
    1: Prot pala + ret
    2: prot war + MW
    3: Warlock,Disc,boomkin
    4: Mage,Hunter,shadow

In this scenarion you will get Dif chain only on platforms with 3 ppl. You will have to soak only on platform n3, but u have disc there. Plat 4 wont have healer but shadow priest can shield ppl and heal them up. You have Void tendrils on both platforms so there shouldnt be a single hit of that add on any of you. Also if it spawns on target of overcharge you have a pet on both platforms to tank it temporarily.

You will have add only on platforms with 3 ppl so 2 soak balls and deal with add THAT IS ROOTED ! and the guy with helm runs.

Lei shen just needs practice, just change things around until you find a working solution for each phase, our guild had an advantage since we were 25 man before about 5 weeks ago and dropped to 2 10man groups to blitz through animus and lei shen hc within 2 weeks. 25 man is hell on both those encounters.

So yeah because we had a slight gear advantage over a normal 10hc man team it made the encounters pretty faceroll as we could avoid extra abilities by pushing lei shen down a bit quicker each phase(Besides transitions ofc). So the moral of the story is don't extend, keep clearing to get more gear until you find your players are all over 535ilvl with upgrades.

You have plenty time so keep working at it. From my POV I am going to be excited to see how our 10 man team does next patch, I think we will definitely crack top 200 rank with a 4 day schedule, which was not possible for us in this patch doing 25s. It would be funny though if blizz made 10mans as hard as tier 11 again. LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a short question for plattform transitions in P2.

We start at Diffusion, take it to level 2 and transition with the 2nd (I forgot the name, the tank smash thingy) to the next plattform (overcharge). There we wait for it to reach level 2 but don't push it with the 2nd tank-smas-thingy but abit earlier when he casts the 2nd lightning whip (tanks move to range while he casts whip, then he moves abit and starts to cast the tank-smash-thingy and then continues to walk towards the 3rd pillar).

From what I have gathered and seen in a couple of videos, thats exactly how you are supposed to do it. However, we always get the overcharge plattform higher than the diffusion chain this way which fucks our p3.

It there a trick we are missing? We researched a bit and I guess he needs to be at the diffusion chain instantly when we come out the first transition. On top of that, we need to position him on the overcharge plattform at max range to the pillar, so that the 1-2 steps he takes between lightning whip and the tank-smash-thingy are enough for him to lose the overcharge pillar?

Is that the correct way to do? Or am I missing something?
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    I have a short question for plattform transitions in P2.

We start at Diffusion, take it to level 2 and transition with the 2nd (I forgot the name, the tank smash thingy) to the next plattform (overcharge).
    In my guild the range dds and healers change to the overcharge plattform after the second lightning whip. After that whip Tank1 gets kicked by fushion slash to the overcharge plattform (tank2 taunts lei shen). Tank1 waits for the 4 sek diff. chain warning and taunts him to the overcharge plattform. Diff. Chain pillar: Lev. 2 84 Energy

Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    There we wait for it to reach level 2 but don't push it with the 2nd tank-smas-thingy but abit earlier when he casts the 2nd lightning whip (tanks move to range while he casts whip, then he moves abit and starts to cast the tank-smash-thingy and then continues to walk towards the 3rd pillar).
    correct. The pillar energy level should be about: lev. 2 70 energy

Deleted
    just had our first night on it, everything seems okayish.... we can get fucked on 'rng' with helm+bolts+shock but seems fairly rare.

one question: should we be using our immunities in p2/2nd transition, or saving them up for phase 3? the couple of times we got into p3 we didn't kill (best around 13%), but we never had everybody up with our cr available either. just seems static shock is a massive p3 pain in the ass with thunderstrucks and shit happening.

Also, is it one healable? I see hardly any damage really, except in p3.

edit: disc priests can solo static shock these days.
    Last edited by mmocd7449ed493; 2013-07-19 at 10:34 AM.

Deleted
    gonna be evil and bump this as i'm too lazy to open a new thread for the above question!

Quote Originally Posted by oggyowl View Post
    just had our first night on it, everything seems okayish.... we can get fucked on 'rng' with helm+bolts+shock but seems fairly rare.

one question: should we be using our immunities in p2/2nd transition, or saving them up for phase 3? the couple of times we got into p3 we didn't kill (best around 13%), but we never had everybody up with our cr available either. just seems static shock is a massive p3 pain in the ass with thunderstrucks and shit happening.

Also, is it one healable? I see hardly any damage really, except in p3.

edit: disc priests can solo static shock these days.
    We safe our immunities for p3, we run a 2/2/6 setup and if 1 of the 2 people on gets static on 2 quadrants they just swap with someone from the group of 6 using lifegrip/speed increase.

Deleted
    Hey guys,

after wiping around 50 times on this fight (two times to transition phase 2) i thought that maybe i could get some advice here for our comp.

Tanks: BrM(me), pala
    Healers: Holy pala, resto druid (+ disc, but only if three-healing would bepreferable)
    DD: Warlock, rogue, mage, elemental shaman, hunter, shadow

We split for platforms as follows:

1. BrM, rogue
    2. Prot pala, mage
    3. Resto druid, elemental shaman, warlock
    4. Hunter, holy pala, shadow

Apart from random fails, most deaths occur on platform 2 (mage) and platform 3 (elemental shaman).
    Mage seems to die from helm + soaking bouncing balls, shaman gets pushed off the platform by helm (not always, but too often to classify it as a "random fail") and static shock.

To fix this, i thought of soloing one quadrant by myself, replacing the mage with the rogue on platform 2 and putting the mage on platform 3, so that even if they get helm + static shock at the same time (not on the same player obviously) they would still have three people so soak static shock.

Thoughts on this or any advice? What about transition 2, would you advise to go 226 there or something else?

Side question: We overload north in p1, east (after leveling up once) in p2. I'm not sure whether we can kill him quickly enough though. Should we level up south once in p2 also or should we try and practice to kill him with just leveling east once?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    We safe our immunities for p3, we run a 2/2/6 setup and if 1 of the 2 people on gets static on 2 quadrants they just swap with someone from the group of 6 using lifegrip/speed increase.
    Yep, dead now thanks

also, ra den 2 shot? wtf!